IF the Bills cut Shady McCoy...the 2nd thread

YoloinOhio

IF the Bills cut McCoy....  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the Bills to do to replace him?

• Draft a RB with a 1st round grade in the 1st round (i.e. Ezekiel Elliott)
    • Draft a RB in the 2nd round (i.e.Derrick Henry)
    • Draft a RB in the mid- to late rounds (i.e. Kenneth Dixon)
    • Sign a premium FA RB (i.e. Lamar Miller,Matt Forte,Chris Ivory, Alfred Morris)
    • Roll with Karlos, Gillislee, Wilder, Boobie
    • Sign a lower tier FA RB (James Starks, Bilal Powell, Reggie Bush)
    • Trade for a starting RB
    • Other

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you want the Bills to replace him as the #1 RB?

I do not agree with some of your rankings so can not answer poll - i,e, James Starks is not a lower tier FA RB, Chris Ivory being a premium FA RB, etc. It all comes down to the horses, if we have a better OL then all RBs will be able to perform. If I were doing draft I'd try to trade down and sign multiple RBs in draft and let them compete with each other. Some backs just can not stand the pounding and will not make it out of preseason.

I do not agree with some of your rankings so can not answer poll - i,e, James Starks is not a lower tier FA RB, Chris Ivory being a premium FA RB, etc. It all comes down to the horses, if we have a better OL then all RBs will be able to perform. If I were doing draft I'd try to trade down and sign multiple RBs in draft and let them compete with each other. Some backs just can not stand the pounding and will not make it out of preseason.

to clarify, Ivory was a #1RB and Starks was a backup. If you would want the Bills to sign a #1 RB in FA that's a top tier FA, if you want to add a depth guy and just use RBBC that's a lower tier FA. Edited by YoloinOhio

Voted for low tier FA. Bilal Powell as the yin to Karlos' yang would be a nice mixture of skills. I've loved Powell since college and has a prior relationship with Rex.

Wouldn't say no to drafting one either. Would be moderately cheaper which would help with the cap hit for McCoy.

This.

My first reaction was to laugh off this thread as being a bit premature.

But then I realized that if McCoy is cut, we'll never have another chance to discuss replacement options as this board will become inundated with hundreds of Kiko Alonso threads.

Edited by Bills Fan in MD

My first reaction was to laugh off this thread as being a bit premature.

But then I realized that if McCoy is cut, we'll never have another chance to discuss replacement options as this board will become inundated with hundreds of Kiko Alonso threads.

:lol: Well, I sure hope he's not cut, but unfortunately I think it's certainly possible Edited by YoloinOhio

shady is NOT getting cut for a bar fight.

Exactly.

Unfortunately, it's about to become so much more than a bar fight. Unless he settles out of court, he's about to be involved in a lengthy legal process, the uncertain time frame and outcome of which puts the team in a precarious position regarding his status moving forward.

GO BILLS!!!

He's not getting cut but give me some Forte if he does, he's got a couple years left but that's ok with the future behind him in Williams. He and Roman would vibe.

Forte is Roman's kind of back for sure. And Gore lasted forever with him. I'm not a cap expert--do we have any relief if we cut Shady? Otherwise, I'd go late round back. Prosise from ND or Taylor from FL come to mind. Keenan Reynolds from Navy would also be interesting. He's listed as a RB now.

Edited by RyanC883

I think that there is virtually no chance that he gets cut but I'll play along. I love Zeke as a prospect and think that he will be a star. With that being said there are too many holes on the defense to use the 1st on him. I hate Henry as a prospect and wouldn't use a 4th on him. He has slow feet in the hole. He's a poor man's Karlos Williams. Signing a premium RB doesn't make sense with the extra cap space. A low end FA may make some sense in a rotation with Karlos and Gillislee but I think a late round guy makes more sense. You already have 2 guys as good as the Starks' of the world. Take a shot on someone with a lot of upside.