Patriots want Mario Williams

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't try to run the same D with the same guys. They'll try to run the same D without the scapegoated talented guy. Af the rate of 1 scapegoat per year we'd have 11 years of this crap. I have a feeling 2016 will be a year of multiple scapegoats. I expect it to be soft scapegoating of Kyle based on age and blaming Brown if he is still around. Gilmore and Corey Graham are likely to be blamed too.

Dareus is the highest paid on the team. My vote goes to him

I'm done piling on Rex until next season, I accept, he's around for a while and it WILL be his scheme. So given those things, I feel it's critical for the organization to make the requisite personnel moves to give the scheme the best chance to work.

I'd hate to watch MD at 1 or 0 and 2 gapping at his price tag. Mario is a wide 9 DE period and way overpaid to do anything else so let him go.

How is it that he is a wide 9 DE when he can play the run just as well as the pass. And also can rush from the inside. In my eyes this view is inherently false

After the world watched how a defense properly schemed, game planned and called completely destroyed the league's MVP along with shutting down one of the highest-scoring *offenses in the league. Defensive players like Mario will be very much sought after by every team. Arizona for one has already stated they need to bolster their pass rush. I'll bet Carolina would love to have Mario replace an older Jared Allen at DE. Teams will be lining up to give Mario all the money he wants to entice him to come to their cities.

If that is true then the Bills should be able to trade him and have Mario get a new contract with new money.

Why would someone trade the Bills? Because Mario will be very much sought after by every team and this means a team trading has choice where he goes NOT Mario.

The falling back in coverage has been over exaggerated in media and on this board; Mario was not in coverage very often, many teams now do this and Mario was single teamed multiple times because he was not giving his complete effort which should make some teams hesitate.

"I don't mean to criticize," Mario said before lobbing each of his blatant critiques.

He should have just shut up and did what they asked of him even if he didnt agree with it.

This is his job and the Bills are his boss.

When my boss asks me to do a task that will help the company that doesnt deal directly with my job title, I dont complain and say let me do what you pay me to do.

I say ok and do as I am asked

CBF

Let's see here. Get a monster of human being who is 2 years removed from being an all pro who will be pissed off at a discounted rate? What team is dumb enough not to want him?

that was Rex's fault. He didn't give him his binky in between series. Tough to produce under such adverse conditions.

I get the questions of Mario's effort but hard to be excited about a coach that took us from 1st to last in sacks.

Better look for someone else then.

Mario had plenty of 1 on 1 pass rush opportunities and rarely won

Right I'm not a defender of Mario his effort has been pathetic and he hardly ever showed up vs. good competition. He is a dollars guys and knows how to get them. I'd suspect he signs a mid-level deal with some nice incentives and does his usual sleep walk for 3 games then eat vs. a bad right tackle in the 4th game.....so on and so on.

There may be a question as to where he ends up but not how he'll do.

He'll do well next year provided he is not asked to cover Odell Beckham. About 28 of the 32 teams are smart enough to let him rush the passer. Sadly we are not one of them.

Cuz. Rex. Sux.

Mario may have one more 10ish sack season but not more than that (if even that). Rex def. ruined what could have been a great year for our defensive front but it wasn't going to last forever for Mario.

They lost right?

So Mario is also pissed at Cam for quitting on the team?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how the Panthers used Kony Ealy in the Super Bowl. He had 3 sacks, but they still dropped him into coverage. He accepted his role and also got an INT to go with his 3 sacks.

It's not about dropping the D-linemen into pass coverage because Schwartz also did it successfully during games just like Denver did. It's more about where... and when... and above all who!

Just as an example the 2015 mental midget at HC in Buffalo had DT Marcell Dareus dropping into pass coverage on two of KC's TD throws.

Any way you slice it Ryan did a piss poor job this year and it was surprising to see so much defensive talent on a team that has spent so much money, time investing in certain players on the defense only to see them misused in a bad scheme.

The SB MVP was a pass rushing linebacker! And contrary to Rex Ryan, sacks do matter and will always matter!

After the world watched how a defense properly schemed, game planned and called completely destroyed the league's MVP along with shutting down one of the highest-scoring *offenses in the league. Defensive players like Mario will be very much sought after by every team. Arizona for one has already stated they need to bolster their pass rush. I'll bet Carolina would love to have Mario replace an older Jared Allen at DE. Teams will be lining up to give Mario all the money he wants to entice him to come to their cities.

To the Bills fans that think it was all Mario's fault that the team didn't get more sacks or be a better defense in 2015 or that "HE" took the year off...really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes on a team.

Anyway, only in Buffalo would you see an above average defensive coordinator be hired and build a top 5 defense that was #1 in sacks one year... only be taken apart by hiring a 4-12 head coach the very next year. :bag: then have so many fans defend the bum.

so you have taken to criticising your Brothers and sisters?

awesome, dude.

you coulda left it parked with just Rex being your focus.

Like to generalize much?

If giants don't re-sign JPP (who now must rush from the left side due to his hand), then Giants are most likely spot for him

Had not thought of that. Coughlin would not care for him But Ben Mcadoo might ?

No, he is lower than that. He is a quitter who didn't care at all about his obligation to his teammates, coaches, and fans. It's worse because he has elite talent and athleticism. I get that he didn't prefer to do the things asked of him, but he has the physical ability to do them and do them well. Too bad he pouted rather than try.

Time for him to go.

GO BILLS!!!

What sucks even more.beyond his quitting on the Bills ( and i meant the Bills not just Rex) is that he will go to another team and be a force.

That pisses me off.

i did not like him year one here. Then i got soft and loved him.

He broke my mushy little heart this past season. I thought he was bigger than that.

I am going to give him my engagement ring back too. It seems he is not the Man i thought he was

Take your RC cars and your stupid mini fridge and skeedaddle M williams

I expect Mario to be cut but the Patriots? No way.

Their whole "plan" is to do something different from game to game. They don't like one dimensional players and that's what Mario wants to be.

bring him in for info than cut him in preseason for a 6th rounder.

HUMBLED

How is it that he is a wide 9 DE when he can play the run just as well as the pass. And also can rush from the inside. In my eyes this view is inherently false

agreed