2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

This thread has been really helpful to me as I'm just doing my homework now during the combine as we have two months. It's not like Whaley's calling me anyway. On a side note, one of my top 3 favorite Bills is Polian. I just can't get enough when you listen to his educated opinions on NFLR. On ESPN, TV is more of a sound bite in work, but on the radio he can at length provide his opinions, and answer questions from fans.

Anyway, he did his own lifetime self assessment, and he states he hit on 57% of his picks. As Bob Papa then replayed, he states he is on the HOF. It reflects my opinion that anyone can rip on any GM and pick isolated picks, but take into context a full body of work. My final point is simply I trust Whaley will make the right pick overall in the draft. Someone said they felt confident he would go with BPA. That is the Steelers way where he was groomed so I'm betting he does pick the best guy vs. a reach due to need. Most mock drafts I've seen so far are DT, or DE/OLB. A couple I've read we're a WR. Before the end of the season, my prediction is our first four picks will be starters barring season ending injury.

Anyway, you guys are clearly more educated than I at this point as to which guys to pick, but I'd love to hear more on your educated opinions beyond the 1st round. I trust you guys so what are your guesses 2nd-4th.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Jeremiah mock draft 3.0

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/300600?sf21813215=1

Jarron Reed to Bills

Btw Jeremiah truly is an "expert." The Eagles Interviewed him for their Player Personnel Head position. He's a former scout for Eagles, Browns, Ravens.

http://nfltraderumors.co/143708-2/

Edited by YoloinOhio

Daniel Jeremiah mock draft 3.0http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/300600?sf21813215=1

Jarron Reed to Bills

Btw Jeremiah truly is an "expert." The Eagles Interviewed him for their Player Personnel Head position. He's a former scout for Eagles, Browns, Ravens.http://nfltraderumors.co/143708-2/

A Jarron Reed selection would be good by me.

Can we please stop doing the "experts" in quotes thing? They are experts. They are the ones who come up with the framework of where people are projected to go. Because they don't get every single pick right does not discredit their work. I would have no idea who the first round guys were right now if not for the experts. Thank you.

No. They're no more "experts" than half the people here.

Robert Mays post-combine mock draft

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/nfl-mock-draft-combine

Nkemdiche to Bills

Again. The "Rex takes chances on character" narrative still going strong in these mocks

That narrative is so tiresome, I know it's just guessing but the whole "Rex signed Richie, so let's give him Nkemdiche" is lazy at best.

I certainly value Bandit's analysis and breakdowns more than the ESPN guys. I think we are very lucky to have him - he does an outstanding job on this board.

when Bandit has his mock draft ready it will go in this very thread! It is always insanely well done. Edited by YoloinOhio

I certainly value Bandit's analysis and breakdowns more than the ESPN guys. I think we are very lucky to have him - he does an outstanding job on this board.

when Bandit has his mock draft ready it will go in this very thread! It is always insanely well done.

I certainly appreciate the sentiment guys. There are quite a few folks on this board that know their stuff. I hesitate to name names, because there are guys that get left out, but off the top of my head I can tell you that I've learned quite a bit from listening to guys like Astro, Blokes, and P51 among others.

Anyway, yes, I'll post my mock the week before the draft. Basically, right now, it looks to me like the break point is the top 7, which will be comprised of Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack, Wentz, Goff, Buckner, and Bosa. I'm really not sure what order they'll fall in at this point, but I think that's what we're looking at.

From there, it'll really depend on some of the wild cards. Talent-wise, I think Spence and Nkemdiche belong in the top 10 along with one of Shaq Lawson or Ronnie Stanley, but it wouldn't shock me to see someone reach for Darron Lee, Vernon Hargreaves, or even Zeke Elliott.

I've gotta believe that there will be a huge run on defensive tackles in the teens and early 20's, and maybe a late run on defensive backs.

Edited by thebandit27

I certainly appreciate the sentiment guys. There are quite a few folks on this board that know their stuff. I hesitate to name names, because there are guys that get left out, but off the top of my head I can tell you that I've learned quite a bit from listening to guys like Astro, Blokes, and P51 among others.

Anyway, yes, I'll post my mock the week before the draft. Basically, right now, it looks to me like the break point is the top 7, which will be comprised of Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack, Wentz, Goff, Buckner, and Bosa. I'm really not sure what order they'll fall in at this point, but I think that's what we're looking at.

From there, it'll really depend on some of the wild cards. Talent-wise, I think Spence and Nkemdiche belong in the top 10 along with one of Shaq Lawson or Ronnie Stanley, but it wouldn't shock me to see someone reach for Darron Lee, Vernon Hargreaves, or even Zeke Elliott.

I've gotta believe that there will be a huge run on defensive tackles in the teens and early 20's, and maybe a late run on defensive backs.

not sure about top 10 but I could see a team reaching for Eli Apple in the top half of the first with his size and speed. I like him but think it's a reach compared to other players talent at other positions - yet CB is such a coveted position and so pricey in FA. And with the DL position so deep this year, a team might wait thinking they will grab a 1st rd prospect in the 2nd. Edited by YoloinOhio

Matt Miller's post-combine 2 round mock draft

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2620313-2016-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-combine-projections

Shaq Lawson to Bills Rd1

Jarron Reed to Bills Rd 2

*still has Jaylon Smith going 17 overall.

Nothing wrong with this!!

I dont think Reed falls that far in the second but Lawson is a real possibility at 19 IMO.

I do think Kevin Dodd might be a better fit as a 5 technique or in a OLB/DE hybrid role, given Dodd's slight length and athletic advantage. But thats nit picking I guess, as Lawson is more physical and stronger.

Edited by P51