2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

That narrative is so tiresome, I know it's just guessing but the whole "Rex signed Richie, so let's give him Nkemdiche" is lazy at best.

agreed. waste of time to consider that angle

I certainly value Bandit's analysis and breakdowns more than the ESPN guys. I think we are very lucky to have him - he does an outstanding job on this board.

Bandit is certainly one of our greatest assets. luckily we have quite few to keep the detailed dialogue rolling!

:thumbsup:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, yes, I'll post my mock the week before the draft. Basically, right now, it looks to me like the break point is the top 7, which will be comprised of Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack, Wentz, Goff, Buckner, and Bosa. I'm really not sure what order they'll fall in at this point, but I think that's what we're looking at.

For what it is worth I agree on 6 of those. I am not sure Buckner is so much of a slam dunk top 7 player when I look at needs in that top 8 or 9 picks. In my first version mock I mocked him at #9 to Tampa but had Stanley and Hargreaves going before him at #7 and #8. I admit though I don't nearly as thorough study of these prospects as you and I watch less college football.

My mocks are generally more need focused because I do watch an inordinate amount of NFL football. There are weeks in a season where I will watch the condensed game version of every game I didn't see live.

It is always interesting to then compare with people with a better handle on the prospects themselves because you start to get a feel for what might be the reaches for need. I'm with Yolo in that I can see a couple of corners being pushed up. I think Alexander would be a very good fit in New Orleans (where I mocked him) and Apple has that size that post the Seattle plan a lot of teams are now looking for.

Edited by GunnerBill

Lets take the Jack (Da Mauler) Conklin at #19 then wait till 2nd rd for Billings or Nkendiche. In the 3rd Sterling Shepard in 4th Jayron Kearse 5th Oakman.

I'm not as hot on Conklin as a 1st rounder. If we traded back a few spots and he were there then fine, but there will be better players on the board for me at #19.

If anyone changes an opinion on a player now, it needs to have the disclaimer ' I watched game tape on him finally'.

Otherwise why the moving around?!

i think it depends one who the analyst is. Some of them are doing mock drafts based on what they are hearing and there was a lot of buzz at the combine about Spence not doing well in interviews, Browns wanting Wentz at 2, Slowey Bosa falling because of his 40 and vertical and being a 4-3 only guy, etc. The mocks are projecting what the teams will do, not necessarily a ranking of players.

If someone is moving around a big board top 50 dramatically right now that would be odd. IMO

Charles Davis latest top 50 big board

Interesting - Jarran Reed at 8, Shaq Lawson at 22, Noah Spence at 29

lets pretend that is true. Do the Bills wait on Lawson if they get the call ? Or Spence even?

admittedly i know little about how these things turn out and the team to team communication during day one

19. Buffalo Bills

*Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Ole Miss

A special talent and incredible athlete at his size, Nkemdiche could play a big part in getting Rex (and Rob) Ryan's defense back to where it should be after an awful 2015. He's a character risk, but a top-five talent.

Free-agency effect: Buffalo is freeing up some cap money, but the Bills will have a tough time outbidding people for top talent. I wouldn't expect free agency to alter draft plans.

Still not really a fan of this pick. FWIW, still on the board at 19:

Noah Spence

Jarran Reed

Emmanuel Ogbah

Kiper and McShay readily admit no one can predict who is drafting who. Their target (especially this early) is to get guys in the right range of where they are picked. Even then, you can find plenty of instances where they've had guys going top 5 in Jan-Feb who end up in the 2nd round or later (it's a bit hard to find though as ESPN tends to bury their content where their experts were really wrong).

So if Kiper readily admits that no one can predict anything exactly why does this jackbag have a frigging coronary every time someone deviates from his board and why are we always subjected to the idiotic they could have traded down crap. Really Mel? Your on the phone with all 32 teams and you know for a fact that everyone that deviates from your board had offers to trade down and you also know that nobody that was behind said team before the trade down that is now in front of said team after the trade down isn't going to pick the guy said team likes. Oh that's right. I forgot. Every other team in the league except the one that traded down fired their entire scouting Dept and it's just the GM sitting in the war room with Kipers draft guide ready to pick whose ever left at the top of Kipers cheat sheet. Darby is a classic example. The hair was completely disgusted that the Bills took him in the second round. He had Darby as a fourth rounder. In hindsight one could argue that Darby should have gone in the first. So if I have this correct the Bills should have moved down with every other team and should have picked up an additional 62 picks before selecting Darby. I'll readily admit that Kipers a moron. Not because of how he grades players. Everyone knows it's impossible to get even half of these guys right. What bothers me about this clown is how he acts like he knows when nobody, including NFL scouts, knows for sure. Must be all that hairspray fogging his brain. One other thing. The day I join insider is the day I stick my head in a pot of boiling oil. Absolute joke that those clowns try to charge for their crappy opinions.I don't care if it drops to one cent per month, I'm never subscribing to it. Edited by Billsmovinup

4-round post 1st week of FA NFL.com mock draft including comp picks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000643637/article/fourround-mock-40-cowboys-land-joey-bosa-derrick-henry?sf22442049=1

Bills

1. Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson

2. A'Shawn Robinson, DT Bama

3. Connor Cook, QB MSU

4. Rashard Higgins, WR Colorado state

4 (comp) beniquez brown, OLB miss state

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000643637/article/fourround-mock-40-cowboys-land-joey-bosa-derrick-henry?sf22442049=1

Bills

3. Connor Cook, QB MSU

Not a fan of Dodd so much but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th there I am a big fan of!

I don't think it matters so I'm not going to get caught up in these this year. I think Whaley and Co are going to take bpa no matter what "needs" the "experts" think we have. Look at Darby last year. I don't think anyone could have predicted that one. I think their focus is D and it will be best player available. I think best player available in that slot will be Nkemdiche

If Ragland is there in the 1st (fingers crossed) Ill bet Whaley and co takes him over Nkemdiche. Of course true to Bills luck, the Colts pick before us and they are not re-signing their best LB jerrell Freeman so that would suggest theyre gonna take a LB in the 1st and we get robbed of Ragland. So many people disagreed with the Darby pick at 1st, myself included, but damn did that pay off in hindsight! Darby turned out to be1st round talent.

Edited by Marty McFly

If we can get a solid rookie NT or DT cant we slide Darues to 5tec DE? Thats what he played in college and Id rather have him rushing the QB then plugging the middle and taking on double teams all game. That would free him to beast again.

Bills
3. Connor Cook, QB MSU

i saw some draft analysts say this week that Robinson is an immediate impact starter in a 3-4 D and will be an absolute stud from day 1 in Rex scheme. Plus he's only 20. If we get him in the 2nd that would be amazing... Edited by YoloinOhio

i saw some draft analysts say this week that Robinson is an immediate impact starter in a 3-4 D and will be an absolute stud from day 1 in Rex scheme. Plus he's only 20. If we get him in the 2nd that would be amazing...

I'd not hate him at 19.... if we got him in the 2nd major result.