2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't there questions about effort with Butler, or am I imagining things? Somehow I have categorized him as a less athletic, but also less questionable Nkemdiche.

He's not quite Nkemdiche when it comes to athleticism, and he has to iron out some of his balance issues with his lower-body. He's a better athlete than the two Alabama kids by the numbers.

As to effort, I haven't heard anything like that--only ever seen positive reviews on that.

Jonah Javad Bills-Only mock (all 6 rounds)

http://www.wgrz.com/mb/sports/bills-mock-draft-40/100564969

1. Kevin Dodd, DE

2. Germain Ifedi, OT

3. Dak Prescott, QB

4. Joe Schobert, OLB

4. Roger Lewis, WR

5. Blake Martinez, ILB

6. Joe Dahl, OG

6. Antwaun Woods, DT

That is the guy I think will be the pick now.

Still think that's high for him. It would make me a little queasy but I wouldn't hate it.

Same. But I think that is where they will go.

if they do, I think he's a year away from making an impact as a starter. I hope I'm wrong. Love him as a prospect, don't love the current product at 19 overall. Don't hate it but it scares me when we have so many immediate needs.

Tbh I think he came out too early. Could have used another year learning the position. He's not even 21 until October ....

Edited by YoloinOhio

I would be content with that. I am really not sure what I'd do at #19. Lee feels a little bit like pushing up for need, not sure if a true difference maker on the D-Line will be left who merits that pick... maybe go tackle and take Conklin? And I did not like that idea a few weeks back.

Lee and Butler would be a decent 1st and 2nd I suppose because I'd balance a little reach on Lee with a bargain on Butler.

I would be content with that. I am really not sure what I'd do at #19. Lee feels a little bit like pushing up for need, not sure if a true difference maker on the D-Line will be left who merits that pick... maybe go tackle and take Conklin? And I did not like that idea a few weeks back.

Lee and Butler would be a decent 1st and 2nd I suppose because I'd balance a little reach on Lee with a bargain on Butler.

I look at it as 2 starters. If your starting front 7 was: KW, MD, Butler, Lawson, Lee, Brown and Hughes it would be okay IMO. They still should probably sign Biermann as depth with Bryant, Wynn, Steward and Tarpley. I may be forgetting someone. Draft a NT like DJ Reader later and your front 7 is in pretty god shape.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I look at it as 2 starters. if you starting front 7 was: KW, MD, Butler, Lawson, Lee, Brown and Hughes it would be okay IMO. They still should probably sign Biermann as depth with Bryant, Wynn, Steward and Tarpley. I may be forgetting someone. Draft a NT like DJ Reader later and your front 7 is in pretty god shape.

Ideally, I'd like to come away from the 1st two rounds with a versatile down lineman that can play 50+ snaps/game as a rookie, and a starting LB (whether it's a Will 'backer or an edge guy).

Under the above scenario, you're looking at Butler being able to play anywhere from the 5-tech all the way inside to the 0--same as Dareus. Both guys can 1 or 2-gap, which comes in handy when trying to disguise fronts (which Rex likes to do). You also have to think about the future--having both of those guys under contract for the next 5 years means not having to overpay to keep a guy like Corbin Bryant when Kyle is let go next year.

Lee is a classic Will. He's got the instincts to play downhill against the run, and the speed and athleticism to match against TEs in coverage. More importantly, he keeps AJ Tarpley out of the lineup.

And oh yes, my kingdom for DJ Reader in the 4th. Imagine going into next year with Reader playing the nose, flanked by Dareus and Butler playing the 5/4i and 3-tech spots interchangeably. You shall not run.

Fill that in with a WR like Charone Peake in the 3rd, Justin Simmons as the compensatory 4th, and a developmental tackle like Haeg or Kyle Murphy in the 5th and I'm happy.

Ideally, I'd like to come away from the 1st two rounds with a versatile down lineman that can play 50+ snaps/game as a rookie, and a starting LB (whether it's a Will 'backer or an edge guy).

Under the above scenario, you're looking at Butler being able to play anywhere from the 5-tech all the way inside to the 0--same as Dareus. Both guys can 1 or 2-gap, which comes in handy when trying to disguise fronts (which Rex likes to do). You also have to think about the future--having both of those guys under contract for the next 5 years means not having to overpay to keep a guy like Corbin Bryant when Kyle is let go next year.

Lee is a classic Will. He's got the instincts to play downhill against the run, and the speed and athleticism to match against TEs in coverage. More importantly, he keeps AJ Tarpley out of the lineup.

And oh yes, my kingdom for DJ Reader in the 4th. Imagine going into next year with Reader playing the nose, flanked by Dareus and Butler playing the 5/4i and 3-tech spots interchangeably. You shall not run.

Fill that in with a WR like Charone Peake in the 3rd, Justin Simmons as the compensatory 4th, and a developmental tackle like Haeg or Kyle Murphy in the 5th and I'm happy.

I would sign up for that draft in a second. I would like to see a late round CB. We can't forget that the Bills lost McKelvin and Brooks and became a little thin there (especially if Robey struggles like last year).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I would sign up for that draft in a second. I would like to see a late round CB. We can't forget that the Bills lost McKelvin and Brooks and became a little thin there (especially if Robey struggles like last year).

Yea same here. That draft would give us plenty of reason for optimism.

I'm not against Lee you understand... I just wonder if he meets the #Badol 2nd contract test and I am 50/50 on it right now. If he hits his ceiling he probably does but if he is somewhere in the middle of his potential range I am not so sure.

But I don't know where I'd go. Lee is one of my 24 first round grades so I wouldn't hate the pick.

Edited by GunnerBill

I guess I'm taking for granted that Mario Butler is an immediate replacement for Brooks.

I've heard, believe it or not, that they have high hopes for Bud Noel--to the point where they would have signed him to the active roster if anyone sniffed around the PS last year. I also wonder if they didn't sign Javier Arenas as a potential replacement for Leo.

I wouldn't hate a late-round CB pick, but I'm more partial to grabbing a developmental QB like Doughty there. I'm also brutally homerish about wanting Elandon Roberts with one of the 6th round picks.

Joe B 2-round mock 3.0

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/buscaglia-2016-nfl-mock-draft-30

Bills take 1) Darron Lee and 2) Vernon butler

Sounds swell !

I look at it as 2 starters. If your starting front 7 was: KW, MD, Butler, Lawson, Lee, Brown and Hughes it would be okay IMO. They still should probably sign Biermann as depth with Bryant, Wynn, Steward and Tarpley. I may be forgetting someone. Draft a NT like DJ Reader later and your front 7 is in pretty god shape.

this

Had to chuckle. well phrased

especially thinking of the last bolded sentence.

The Black Knight from the holy Grail.

None shall pass!