• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe B mock draft 1.0

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/buscaglia-nfl-mock-draft-10

Bills take OLB Leonard Floyd from UGA

I like him... Wasn't sure if 19 is too rich but nice scheme fit

I like Floyd as an edge guy that can cover, but I think he's a part-time player until he bulks up a bit.

Who knows how he'll weigh-in this week, but supposedly he played below 230 lbs last season, and it shows. He doesn't set the edge well, and he stalls out rushing the passer when he can't win with quickness.

I'm not totally against taking him at 19, but if my choice is between Floyd and a full-time player in year 1 (say, D. Lee or S. Rankins,, who are both available in Joe B's mock), I'm going the other direction.

I like Floyd as an edge guy that can cover, but I think he's a part-time player until he bulks up a bit.

Who knows how he'll weigh-in this week, but supposedly he played below 230 lbs last season, and it shows. He doesn't set the edge well, and he stalls out rushing the passer when he can't win with quickness.

I'm not totally against taking him at 19, but if my choice is between Floyd and a full-time player in year 1 (say, D. Lee or S. Rankins,, who are both available in Joe B's mock), I'm going the other direction.

That kind of sounds like Bruce Irvin and Maybin coming out. Are those the types of guys that you would compare him too? Admittedly, I haven't focused on him too much throughout the process. He felt to me like a guy that would be a reach at 19 and would probably be gone by the 2nd.

That kind of sounds like Bruce Irvin and Maybin coming out. Are those the types of guys that you would compare him too? Admittedly, I haven't focused on him too much throughout the process. He felt to me like a guy that would be a reach at 19 and would probably be gone by the 2nd.

every time I see a mock with a guy like this at 19 I start hoping the Bills trade down and get maybe three 2nds Edited by YoloinOhio

Yep. I concur. I described him as a jack of all trades master of none in my mock. I see him as a part-time situational pass rusher in year 1.

Maybin is probably a bit too harsh, while Irvin--I think--turned out to be a better player than Floyd looks like to me.

I'd say he's got a very similar body type to Maybin, but is a more fluid athlete with better football instincts.

Maybin is probably a bit too harsh, while Irvin--I think--turned out to be a better player than Floyd looks like to me.

I'd say he's got a very similar body type to Maybin, but is a more fluid athlete with better football instincts.

Yeah, I was hesitant to even use Maybin. Mingo was another guy that came to my mind and I hated him as a prospect. Guys that have gotten by on just their athleticism are terrifying.

Yeah, I was hesitant to even use Maybin. Mingo was another guy that came to my mind and I hated him as a prospect. Guys that have gotten by on just their athleticism are terrifying.

Mingo might be closest in style of play--I didn't go there because Mingo was a physical specimen, whereas Floyd has a really lanky body

The more you guys talk about Floyd the less appealing he is.

BTW, Hokie that mock draft in your signature would be fantastic.

I don't mean to make him sound unappealing; I do think he can be a very good player. I just think that he'll need time to bulk up, which is incredibly difficult to do given the pace at which he'll be going over the next 12 months with the combine, private workouts, rookie camps, OTAs, minicamps, TC, and then the season.

He's the kind of guy that, to me, is a part-time player in year 1 that has the potential to make a big leap in his first full NFL offseason.

every time I see a mock with a guy like this at 19 I start hoping the Bills trade down and get maybe three 2nds

Please not at 19. I would take Joshua Perry in the second round over Floyd in the first. That might be a bigger reach than they made for EJ Manuel. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Kiper's mock is an absolute disaster. He has them taking Dodd when Ragland, Lee, Jack, Robinson all still on the board. Just atrocious.

Please not at 19. I would take Joshua Perry in the second round over Floyd in the first. That might be a bigger reach than they made for EJ Manuel. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Kiper's mock is an absolute disaster. He has them taking Dodd when Ragland, Lee, Jack, Robinson all still on the board. Just atrocious.

Not saying Kiper's draft isn't a disaster, but he has Myles Jack going 7th to SF. Definitely not on the board at 19.

I don't mean to make him sound unappealing; I do think he can be a very good player. I just think that he'll need time to bulk up, which is incredibly difficult to do given the pace at which he'll be going over the next 12 months with the combine, private workouts, rookie camps, OTAs, minicamps, TC, and then the season.

He's the kind of guy that, to me, is a part-time player in year 1 that has the potential to make a big leap in his first full NFL offseason.

funny

Mayock: Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd is a polarizing prospect. Some people think he's a top-10 pick. Some people think he's Barkevious Mingo.

funny

Mayock: Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd is a polarizing prospect. Some people think he's a top-10 pick. Some people think he's Barkevious Mingo.

I wonder what Mayock thinks? I trust him more than the average clown. Mingo and Maybin comparisons are making my stomach churn. Edited by Augie