2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

Lee is built like a SS and in Rex's defense there is no such position. Shaq and Jaylon would be day 1 starters/impact players and their measureables are impressive. That would be a huge drop off in talent if we can't get one of those guys and it would all point back to us getting 1 extra meaningless win.

Braxton Miller is an athlete but that's not a position on the football field. I thought he looked pretty bad in the senior bowl at WR and returns. It would be a huge reach to go for him in round 1 so I hope we are not the suckers that do so

:edit: I used the word "bad" but the more appropriate word would be raw. Miller is very "raw" (aka project)

Darron Lee is bigger than Shazier was when he came out. He hasn't played ILB and that's what I think we need, but he's not built like a safety. He's 6'2 235 and his frame can add more. Shazier showed up to the combine with 15 added pounds from the end of the season. And has gotten bigger since. They are very similar players, Lee is more raw. Lee may end up even bigger.

I'm on record that if I'm the Bills I don't take him in the first because I'm not sure he's an immediate plug and play on our scheme but if he's there in the second, I would. Tough to pass on that kind of athlete at that point in the draft. He's a baller.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i might trade down if the draft played out that way 1-18.

And who would you target with a trade down? I like Jarran Reed who Miller doesn't have in the 1st. If I thought I could trade down a few places and still get Reed back end of the first I'd be on board with that.

And who would you target with a trade down? I like Jarran Reed who Miller doesn't have in the 1st. If I thought I could trade down a few places and still get Reed back end of the first I'd be on board with that.

Reed is a favorite of mine. I just look at the players left from 19 on and don't see using pick 19 on any of them.

Darron Lee is bigger than Shazier was when he came out. He hasn't played ILB and that's what I think we need, but he's not built like a safety. He's 6'2 235 and his frame can add more.

I see 6'1" 218 when I Google and he looks small on film. Maybe he's 235 if he bulked which will slow him down. I wouldnt be surprised if he went to the combine 220 or less to get good numbers and then promises to bulk up. No thanks, we went down that road with Maybin. I want a player that is what he is. If he's at the combine at 235 or more and puts up good numbers then I will retract that statement. But again, he has 2 yrs experience at LB. I just don't trust it. Urban Meyer goes after the best athletes and makes it work but typically that raw athletic talent doesn't translate to the NFL where everyone is bigger, stronger, faster.

I see 6'1" 218 when I Google and he looks small on film. Maybe he's 235 if he bulked which will slow him down. I wouldnt be surprised if he went to the combine 220 or less to get good numbers and then promises to bulk up. No thanks, we went down that road with Maybin. I want a player that is what he is. If he's at the combine at 235 or more and puts up good numbers then I will retract that statement. But again, he has 2 yrs experience at LB. I just don't trust it. Urban Meyer goes after the best athletes and makes it work but typically that raw athletic talent doesn't translate to the NFL where everyone is bigger, stronger, faster.

The thing with Lee is he has been a playmaker. He isn't an athlete without production. Go back and re-watch the Alabama Sugar Bowl. He was the best defensive player on the field. While he may not fit perfectly into the Bills scheme he is going to be a really, really good pro. He reminds me of Lance Briggs.

This isn't Aaron Maybin, who was an undersized speed rusher. Lee has the whole game. He plays in coverage, rushes the passer and tracks ball carriers well. Aaron Maybin had 1 move and 1 year of production. They aren't similar. I wouldn't love the pick in the 1st but I prefer him to Ragland who looks like a 2 down LB to me.

your last sentence doesn't really make sense because it is precisely the players that emerge from his program that are bigger, stronger and faster in addition to bring elite athletes. He doesn't have a lot of the guys who don't wow athletically but succeed because they outwork everyone and have a high football IQ. Other issues may be there, but it won't be those you mentioned. Edited by YoloinOhio

your last sentence doesn't really make sense because it is precisely the players that emerge from his program that are bigger, stronger and faster in addition to bring elite athletes. He doesn't have a lot of the guys who don't wow athletically but succeed because they outwork everyone and have a high football IQ. Other issues may be there, but it won't be those you mentioned.

Urban is famous for taking the best athlete regardless of where they fit and making it work. Braxton Miller, Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow come to mind. Urban usually doesnt even scout players unless they are great at 2 or more sports. He wants athletes first and he will find spots for them on the field. I see Lee as a good college player because he's so much more athletic than opponents but undersized for the NFL so he won't be able to get by on athleticism alone

Urban is famous for taking the best athlete regardless of where they fit and making it work. Braxton Miller, Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow come to mind. Urban usually doesnt even scout players unless they are great at 2 or more sports. He wants athletes first and he will find spots for them on the field. I see Lee as a good college player because he's so much more athletic than opponents but undersized for the NFL so he won't be able to get by on athleticism alone

that is the case with some of his players.

The funny thing about Darron Lee is that Urban had no interest in him coming out of HS. He was a two star recruit. He was a skinny 198 lb QB, local kid from a suburb of Cbus. he came to multiple camps at OSU just trying to earn an offer at any position. The LB coach really liked him, thought that he could play LB and begged urban to look at him. It wasn't easy at all. He did finally get an offer at the urging of the LB coach but had no position until fall camp 2013. He surprised everyone when he became Shazier's replacement. He's worked really hard to get where he is. The strength and conditioning program and his LB coach molded him into what you see now. 2 years later he's a premium NFL prospect. Kind of the opposite of what urban usually does.

Edited by YoloinOhio

that is the case with some of his players.

The funny thing about Darron Lee is that Urban had no interest in him coming out of HS. He was a two star recruit. He was a skinny 198 lb QB, local kid from a suburb of Cbus. he came to multiple camps at OSU just trying to earn an offer at any position. The LB coach really liked him, thought that he could play LB and begged urban to look at him. It wasn't easy at all. He did finally get an offer at the urging of the LB coach but had no position until fall camp 2013. He surprised everyone when he became Shazier's replacement. He's worked really hard to get where he is. The strength and conditioning program and his LB coach molded him into what you see now. 2 years later he's a premium NFL prospect. Kind of the opposite of what urban usually does.

Sounds like a work in progress who would have benefitted from staying in school but his draft stock went up because of the game vs Alabama. No way we should take him at 19. He is too small, gets blown up by much bigger linemen at the point of attack, has no natural position imo. He's a playmaker sure but not a 1st round talent from what I've seen. Maybe he is productive as a weak side LB but he will be a detremint in the run game and I don't think he fits our defense. I think that pick is more valuable than what he brings to the table. I want value like Jaylon Smith. Just my opinion

Daniel Jeremiah mock (NFLN and "Path to the Draft" show host)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/290600?sf21040963=1

Bills take Laquon Treadwell at 19

I really, really don't see them going Treadwell. That would mean the last 3 first round picks on 2 receivers. Can you really see that?

Edited by GunnerBill

I really, really don't see them going Treadwell. That would mean the last 3 first round picks on 2 receivers. Can you really see that?

I certainly can see it. I would be really surprised if 1 of their 1st 3 picks wasn't a WR and, to me, Treadwell is heads and shoulders the best WR in the class. He fits what they like, high end recruit, played at a major program in the south and was very productive. In addition, he's polished and would step right in as the #2. The depth at DL and LB would allow them to come back in the 2nd with someone like Vernon Butler potentially. If Treadwell is gone I don't think that they go WR in the 1st (or maybe even 2nd) but if he is on the board I wouldn't be surprised if he was the guy. Edited by Kirby Jackson

maybe. It depends if he's BPA on their board at that time and don't have a good offer to trade down. Woods is a FA at end of this season and their WR group is so thin after Watkins. If he gets hurt, which he has, the whole offense looks different. I am a proponent of adding studs to the offense and they will have an easier time doing that in the draft than in FA. That said, I don't expect him to be there.