2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, yeah. Half the league had Gronk off their draft boards.

They're also the same doctors that saved Kevin Everett's life by the way.

That was a spine surgeon in Buffalo, not the guys who forgot to ask Merriman to jog a few steps backwards after an Achilles injury.

Anyone looking for insider access can subscribe to ESPN the Magazine for $4.50/year via this link: https://slickdeals.net/f/8479709-espn-magazine-espn-insider-new-subscriptions-only-just-4-50-per-year

That's actually a great deal. Just locked in two years for $9. Have to wait a month for insider access to activate but still...

Ha, yeah I'll be changing it soon once CBS pushes a new board out to Fanspeak. I just don't find their default board remotely realistic (See my latest post in the Mock Draft Thread). As for Mills I think I'm a bit higher on him than you, but I'm certainly not in love with the pick. And Oakman was one of those 'I really don't want to pick you but it's round 4...' guys.

I like the Fanspeak draft simulator. I managed to get Ragland at 1st pick without shenanigans. see link. is your signature your picks?

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=adfbsh

I like the Fanspeak draft simulator. I managed to get Ragland at 1st pick without shenanigans. see link. is your signature your picks?

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=adfbsh

My signature was the draft I had with CBS's board right around new years. Once CBS pushes a new board out (newer than 1/26) I'll do a couple more and sig my best result. Maybe I'll just do the 1/26 for funsies as well... Fanspeak is all about the board you use though, and of the ones listed so far I think the CBS one is the most realistic.

That makes 2 of us. That feels like the type of move that haunts you for years. You take the pretty good 2 down LB instead of a guy that could be a star.

Post me some Smith ND highlights I havent seen em play. I have seen Ragland beast tho. Which one do you think is gonna be able to make an impact off the bat next year like Darby?

Edited by Marty McFly

TBD passed on him in the 5th 2 days ago in favor of a kicker :)

We also passed on Rankins about 3 or 4 times

That would be a great, great pick. I don't see him on the board at 19 though. His surgery was supposedly a success.

Short of the patient dying on the table, I've never heard any surgeon stating their surgery was not a success. And even if that were to be the case, patients and families always focus on the positives. That's not to say the surgery wasn't a "success", we should just curb our enthusiasm when the media reports it as a "success".

Post me some Smith ND highlights I havent seen em play. I have seen Ragland beast tho. Which one do you think is gonna be able to make an impact off the bat next year like Darby?

Smith was the topic HS recruit and top college LB. He does everything well and has superior athleticism. Ragland played behind an unbelievable line and looked slow in space vs. the Clemson athletes. He feels like Preston Brown to me. Not that he is bad but he is decent. Smith may be Khalil Mack (which I think is a stretch) but someone that he is often compared to.

Short of the patient dying on the table, I've never heard any surgeon stating their surgery was not a success. And even if that were to be the case, patients and families always focus on the positives. That's not to say the surgery wasn't a "success", we should just curb our enthusiasm when the media reports it as a "success".

Don't disagree but if you pass on a guy in the 5th round, at a position of need, that many experts believe to be a 1st round guy, in favor of a kicker, I'd call that a failure. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Until someone can show me that any draft "expert" can produce a consistent record of 75% or better in identifying who teams select in the 1st round (beyond the top 2-3 picks), the only thing I'll be doing with these predictions is "mocking" them.

I miss the "Buffalo cab driver." I know some are convinced that it was Butler, but I remember him (or her?) being around for a few years after John left for San Diego. I'd take the cabbie and NGU over any of these clowns, but unfortunately, the clowns are all we're left with these days. I read mock drafts from Kiper and McShay like this:

"Oh, at 19 Kiper/McShay say the Bills will select _________________." I then ensure I pick some other guy when ESPN's Draft Challenge rolls around. In fact, I've found that if I pick players for each team contrary to the "experts," past the usually obvious 1-3, I do much better.

The real reason they do all of these mock drafts is so they can say, "I had this guy going to this team in my third mock draft... It made sense then and it makes sense now! I was right!" It gives them five chances to be "right." What if we did that at work? "Sorry, Client X -- We had the correct item ready to ship to you on February 1, but it just didn't work out that way when we shipped it on February 3rd."

We'd still have jobs, too... Right?

When I was substantially younger, I looked up to Kiper and McShay. Now I believe they have fewer true sources than you or I -- or anyone on this board. In fact, I take that back, slightly. They have sources who intentionally blow smoke, knowing they'll run with it. That's worse.

Smith was the topic HS recruit and top college LB. He does everything well and has superior athleticism. Ragland played behind an unbelievable line and looked slow in space vs. the Clemson athletes. He feels like Preston Brown to me. Not that he is bad but he is decent. Smith may be Khalil Mack (which I think is a stretch) but someone that he is often compared to.

Don't disagree but if you pass on a guy in the 5th round, at a position of need, that many experts believe to be a 1st round guy, in favor of a kicker, I'd call that a failure.

Khalil Mack-type? that would be awesome. Also do you think Smith is capable of starting and making an impact this year?

Edited by Marty McFly

braxton lost 11 lbs between the end of the season and the Sr bowl and says his goal is to run a 4.29 at the combine. I do not think he will - but he could run something like a 4.4 and then at his pro day I'm sure they will clock him in the 4.3s. He's more quick/elusive/explosive than he is straight line speed IMO.

I would take the slower Michael Thomas over Miller every day of the week but for a team that wants a Harvin-type, and has a little patience for rawness, he's a great pick wherever he goes. Bengals are probably his dream destination.

It also needs to be considered that Braxton will be 24 in a couple months. And still raw. He's already over a year older than Sammy, and Sammy's going into his third professional season. Just find that interesting.

Totally agree. There are several players, including Thomas, who are better WR's than Miller right now. But Miller's potential is extremely high. There would be so many things a guy like Roman could do with him in his offense. I think that come draft day Miller won't go in the first. I think top of the 2nd, unless someone trades into rd. 1 to get him at the end of it.

I will be dumbfounded if they select Ragland over Smith

I like Ragland a lot, but no way. I can't see Whaley or Rex leaving Smith on the board if the Bills doctors give him the okay. His talent at 19 is a gift one should not turn down.

Edited by purple haze

Khalil Mack-type? that would be awesome. Also do you think Smith is capable of starting and making an impact this year?

Yeah, I have a good buddy that is a ND ST holder and knows football (his uncle is the Steelers GM). He said that Smith is ahead of schedule and that he will be a star. I see the Mack comparisons a lot and I'm not totally buying them. Coming out Mack was as complete a LB as I have seen in forever. Smith isn't as explosive or dominant IMO but has a chance to be a star.

Not to get off topic but he likes Day a lot as a prospect, thinks Fuller drops the ball too often and believes Ronnie Stanley to be the most overrated guy in the draft.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

As a Notre Dame fan I have watched every game Jaylon played and he will surely make it in the NFL. He is a SOLID form tackler who wraps up at the point of impact pretty much every single time to get the ball carrier to the ground. He has excellent speed and that closing burst you need to finish plays. The only thing I would worry about him is if he has the strength to fight off blocks inside to stop the ball carrier if he were shifted to ILB in this defense. He would likely need to add about 10lbs, but he has the frame to do it.If he is the weak side LB who drops into coverage he will be fine and I have no 2nd thoughts about him being able to come off the edge with his speed and athleticism.

See although he wraps and usually makes the tackle he just doesn't deliver that pop when he hits. What the hell do I know anyway, but he just has never impressed me as a physical player i think he will struggle in the NFL, but I've been wrong before.

This big board is pretty interesting. Leroi said Myles Jack is the pick for the Bills if he's there. Won't be. Interesting how overvalued the QB position is if one goes in top 5 or even 20 compared to BPA overall. According to this, of course.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/60142/325/draft-rankings-big-board-20?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=5068053&utm_source=TW%20%40NBCSports

Edited by YoloinOhio