2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

I certainly can see it. I would be really surprised if 1 of their 1st 3 picks wasn't a WR and, to me, Treadwell is heads and shoulders the best WR in the class. He fits what they like, high end recruit, played at a major program in the south and was very productive. In addition, he's polished and would step right in as the #2. The depth at DL and LB would allow them to come back in the 2nd with someone like Vernon Butler potentially. If Treadwell is gone I don't think that they go WR in the 1st (or maybe even 2nd) but if he is on the board I wouldn't be surprised if he was the guy.

I agree with the idea that another boundary target is needed for sure.

I think this might be the one year that I'd wait until day 2 or 3 to get one. There are guys like D. Wilson, R. Anderson, G. Allison, K. Grant, and K. Lawler that will likely be available on day 3 that can come in and be the big-bodied target we need. Now, if the coaching staff is looking for another truly dynamic threat to complement Sammy, then yeah, I'd have no problem going after Treadwell. I just think at this point they're going to focus more on the other side of the ball.

All that said, my solution would be to go after Sanu in FA. I don't think he'll be expensive to sign, and he's got size and versatility. He's a chess piece that Roman can use on the boundary, in the slot, in the wildcat, etc.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly can see it. I would be really surprised if 1 of their 1st 3 picks wasn't a WR and, to me, Treadwell is heads and shoulders the best WR in the class. He fits what they like, high end recruit, played at a major program in the south and was very productive. In addition, he's polished and would step right in as the #2. The depth at DL and LB would allow them to come back in the 2nd with someone like Vernon Butler potentially. If Treadwell is gone I don't think that they go WR in the 1st (or maybe even 2nd) but if he is on the board I wouldn't be surprised if he was the guy.

I agree they take one first 3 rounds... but I'd be really surprised if it was in the 1st. Even if Treadwell is on the board.

I agree they take one first 3 rounds... but I'd be really surprised if it was in the 1st. Even if Treadwell is on the board.

he is being compared to Dez Bryant as a player. I guess I would love the pick because the DL position is so deep this year in he draft compared to the WR position. If the premier LBs and elite pass rushers like Bosa and Spence are gone, I'd rather take a DL in the 2nd and Treadwell in the 1st. You are probably going to be more likely to get a stud at each position that way rather than waiting and taking a WR later who can play the #2 role.

My issue is that if Watkins gets hurt we have no one who can step up and man that #1 spot and that affects everything about the offense due to our QB not really being the biggest passing threat on his own. He becomes a passing threat when Sammy is on the field. That opens up the run and TE. When he's not on the field, the defense stacks the box and dares TT to beat them with woods and Hogan. It is a recipe for offensive failure. If you have Aaron Rodgers,for example, it isn't that big of a deal because he can beat you anyway. TT really isn't at that level and needs the stud WR to get separation and draw coverage to open up the offense. Would love a guy who is a #1 in the making across from Sammy, not a "decent #2." I really think they had that early on with Harvin due to his talent but once he flew the coop it was bad when Sammy was hurt.

Edited by YoloinOhio

he is being compared to Dez Bryant as a player. I guess I would love the pick because the DL position is so deep this year in he draft compared to the WR position. If the premier LBs and elite pass rushers like Bosa and Spence are gone, I'd rather take a DL in the 2nd and Treadwell in the 1st. You are probably going to be more likely to get a stud at each position that way rather than waiting and taking a WR later who can play the #2 role.

My issue is that if Watkins gets hurt we have no one who can step up and man that #1 spot and that affects everything about the offense due to our QB not really being the biggest passing threat on his own. He becomes a passing threat when Sammy is on the field. That opens up the run and TE. When he's not on the field, the defense stacks the box and dares TT to beat them with woods and Hogan. It is a recipe for offensive failure. If you have Aaron Rodgers,for example, it isn't that big of a deal because he can beat you anyway. TT really isn't at that level and needs the stud WR to get separation and draw coverage to open up the offense. Would love a guy who is a #1 in the making across from Sammy, not a "decent #2." I really think they had that early on with Harvin due to his talent but once he flew the coop it was bad when Sammy was hurt.

That is kind of how I feel. I like the combination of Treadwell and Butler (for example) better than Rankins and Doctson (for example).

I don't think that Treadwell is still on the board at 19 though. No other WR interests me at 19 and outside of MAYBE Thomas and Coleman I would rather follow Bandit's suggestion.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That is kind of how I feel. I like the combination of Treadwell and Butler (for example) better than Rankins and Doctson (for example).

I don't think that Treadwell is still on the board at 19 though. No other WR interests me at 19 and outside of MAYBE Thomas and Coleman I would rather follow Bandit's suggestion.

Thomas in the 2nd (comparison is Brandon Marshall) is a great option though I question he is there at 49. I am not totally sold on Coleman or Doctson but that's my issue as I don't watch enough of the big 12 to have a strong opinion.

I am not anti-Treadwell - I actually think he will run better than some think at the combine and that might bump him back up some boards.... but I don't see the Bills going that route. It would genuinely surprise me.

i think I would be surprised as well. But Whaley likes to surprise us...

I am not anti-Treadwell - I actually think he will run better than some think at the combine and that might bump him back up some boards.... but I don't see the Bills going that route. It would genuinely surprise me.

Sorry for my abrasiveness but what the heck would we do with Watkins, Treadwell and Clay? Treadwell might die of boredom. Yes he'll help if Sammy is out, other than that he's largely a blocker and a decoy. The Steelers target two different receivers more than we do Watkins, we need to target Sammy far more for our best chance to win and to get him happy so there's a prayer at re-signing him, and the solution is to burn a 1st round pick and split up the too-few targets that Watkins did get?

Obviously an upgrade is always good but this is wayyy down the list, for me.

Sorry for my abrasiveness but what the heck would we do with Watkins, Treadwell and Clay? Treadwell might die of boredom. Yes he'll help if Sammy is out, other than that he's largely a blocker and a decoy. The Steelers target two different receivers more than we do Watkins, we need to target Sammy far more for our best chance to win and to get him happy so there's a prayer at re-signing him, and the solution is to burn a 1st round pick and split up the too-few targets that Watkins did get?

The Bills have been pretty clear that they want to upgrade the number 2 receiver. They need to target Watkins more but they also need someone to prevent him from being doubled. Another threat opens everything else up.

The Bills have been pretty clear that they want to upgrade the number 2 receiver. They need to target Watkins more but they also need someone to prevent him from being doubled. Another threat opens everything else up.

I like the Sanu (loved him since Rutgers) idea a good deal better than Treadwell.

You're talking about using a first round pick on a decoy.

To me, picking a wide receiver early would be like picking a CB. Just not necessary, considering all of the other needs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't see a WR pick at all, much less before the 4th round or so. Let's not forget that as of right now, the Bills have no less than NINE wide receivers under contract, 2 of which were just added in January in Boykin and Little and one of which was re-signed earlier (Salas). All 3 of those guys aren't huge, but are still 6-1 or 6-2 and 210-215 lbs. To boot, Taylor and Boykin were team mates at VT. While we as fans may desire "best available", I think we're probably going to see "best available based on positions of need" early in the draft.

michael Thomas would be a nice fit here. He's used to not getting any targets.

Though most of us feel a "size" WR is a need, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a guy like Will Fuller (Kenny Stills type) or Sterling Shepard, a speed guy who can stretch the field like they tried with Goodwin. Especially as someone mentioned they picked up Boykin, he has some size and can play in the slot. Pharoh Cooper is another who can also return.

I like the Sanu (loved him since Rutgers) idea a good deal better than Treadwell.

You're talking about using a first round pick on a decoy.

I wouldn't mind Sanu at all.

I guess where we differ, is that I don't see Treadwell as a decoy. I see him as a dynamic addition in the red zone and in the middle of the field. I see him expanding what the offense can do. He is going to be really good IMO. He has been great his whole life.

Though most of us feel a "size" WR is a need, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a guy like Will Fuller (Kenny Stills type) or Sterling Shepard, a speed guy who can stretch the field like they tried with Goodwin. Especially as someone mentioned they picked up Boykin, he has some size and can play in the slot. Pharoh Cooper is another who can also return.

Agree, especially with Taylor's ability to throw the deep ball.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I wouldn't mind Sanu at all.

I guess where we differ, is that I don't see Treadwell as a decoy. I see him as a dynamic addition in the red zone and in the middle of the field. I see him expanding what the offense can do. He is going to be really good IMO. he has been great his whole life.

Agree, especially with Taylor's ability to throw the deep ball.

It would help, a big Dez-type is a piece we don't have. How much it would help is debatable. I would be open to this move with a different coaching staff.

These guys are unlikely to ever run a run-n-shoot or a system that will take full advantage of dual #1 WRs and a plus TE, we're always going to run the ball as much as we can and base the passing game off play action. This move would be continuing to burn through rare, precious 1st rounders to get players the coach will never fully utilize.

And maybe I'm wrong who knows, but to those who think Roman will change, maybe be careful what you wish for. Are you certain that you want to see what a Greg Roman offense looks like with 35 passes a game and less effective play action?

I wouldn't want Roman to change his stripes. Running the ball is what he does best and he does it as well as anyone in the NFL. He is right to emphasize this tremendous strength as much as he possibly can.

The roster should be built in a way that supports his philosophy and his strength, as much as can be. Three first round picks and a $38M contract to acquire three passing targets doesn't seem a savvy use of resources for a team that actively tries to pass the ball as little as possible.

Edited by Aaron

It would help, a big Dez-type is a piece we don't have. How much it would help is debatable. I would be open to this move with a different coaching staff.

These guys are unlikely to ever run a run-n-shoot or a system that will take full advantage of dual #1 WRs and a plus TE, we're always going to run the ball as much as we can and base the passing game off play action. This move would be continuing to burn through rare, precious 1st rounders to get players the coach will never fully utilize.

And maybe I'm wrong who knows, but to those who think Roman will change, maybe be careful what you wish for. Are you certain that you want to see what a Greg Roman offense looks like with 35 passes a game and less effective play action?

I wouldn't want Roman to change his stripes. Running the ball is what he does best and he does it as well as anyone in the NFL. He is right to emphasize this tremendous strength as much as he possibly can.

The roster should be built in a way that supports his philosophy and his strength, as much as can be. Three first round picks and a $38M contract to acquire three passing targets doesn't seem a savvy use of resources for a team that actively tries to pass the ball as little as possible.

I agree entirely and that is why I don't think the Bills go that route.

uh oh. Is this like Sammy love?

#rogue

thinking the same thing

And i was hoping to ADD picks :sick:

Agreed on Miller

As to his mock, if Jaylon Smith gets past Miami and the Giants I'd be looking to move up and get him

aarghh.

okay but i wont like it

cheers 27

Do you base your opinion on What the Bills ran last year?

Possibly, just possibly, Roman would open up that passing game. Roman has been categorized. But to me it seems he is more than intelligent enough to make use of the pieces he is given.

Drafting him just opens the playbook to another chapter perhaps ?

Do you base your opinion on What the Bills ran last year?

Possibly, just possibly, Roman would open up that passing game. Roman has been categorized. But to me it seems he is more than intelligent enough to make use of the pieces he is given.

Drafting him just opens the playbook to another chapter perhaps ?

Perhaps. I want him to stick with the running game, because that is the thing Greg does that's special. He's always been passionate about running the football and has built up an impressive collection of varied ways to make it happen. Its easily his greatest strength and I think the Bills should utilize it to the very fullest, and continue to create the passing game largely from play action. When that isn't enough, you have Sammy and Clay winning matchups.

edit- and I base it on Greg's entire NFL body of work.

edit II- also think we should beef up on the line, making both the run and the play action even more effective than we saw last year.

Edited by Aaron