2016 Draft Analyst/Expert Mock drafts and Big Boards

YoloinOhio

My confidence in either J. Smith or Spence being available at 19 is shrinking.

My list of guys that I like that are likely to be available starts with Rankins, J. Reed, and Leonard Floyd. I know you're not a Conklin fan, but if all those guys are gone, he might be my next man up.

You may be right on Smith and Spence. It is becoming less and less likely. Nkemdiche has a chance to be there at 19 I think. He is boom or bust though. His upside is massive at 19 so I think that he would be worth the risk. Rankins and Reed probably follow the guys listed. I am not sure that I like either of them better than Butler though. Floyd is okay and I do not like those RTs.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right on Smith and Spence. It is becoming less and less likely. Nkemdiche has a chance to be there at 19 I think. He is boom or bust though. His upside is massive at 19 so I think that he would be worth the risk. Rankins and Reed probably follow the guys listed. I am not sure that I like either of them better than Butler though. Floyd is okay and I do not like those RTs.

Yea as I had in my mock the other day Smith and Spence are long gone. Nkemdiche I had gone as well. I think if he is there at #16 the Lions pick him.

I went for Reed. I do like him as a bit better fit here for Rex than Rankins or indeed Butler though I like both players. Floyd I think would be a stretch and I don't think there is a tackle of genuine Rd 1 talent after the top 2 but Conklin is going to go in the first I think. If Reed is gone as well genuinely no idea where I'd go.

The reason he's dropped is because he was pretty much a non-entity in his bowl game.

PFF Big Board

While we have two full years of grading on every FBS player, the board is not strictly based on the grades though its heavily influenced by our snap-to-snap evaluations. Our analysts have gone back into the film room to break down each prospect in even more depth, bringing context to their PFF grade while also considering athleticism, upside, and any other relevant part of player evaluation. Our evaluations will continue right up until the draft, so the board is a fluid process, and well continue to build it right up until Day 1.

Positional value is taken into account when compiling the board.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/17/draft-bosa-buckner-top-pffs-first-2016-nfl-draft-board/

Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Mock draft

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25490739/priscos-2016-nfl-mock-draft-10-eagles-start-fresh-with-paxton-lynch

Bills take Nkemdiche at 19

Walter Football 4-round mock draft

Bills take

1. Nkemdiche

2.Sterling Shepard

3. Carl Nassib

4. Jerald Hawkins

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

Edited by YoloinOhio

Personally, I would be fine with that. Admittedly, I am higher on Butler than some. He is Wilkerson V 2.0 to me.

only reason I question whether Bills do this is because Whaley has a tendency to draft players from big programs, especially early in the draft. It will be interesting to see if he diverges from that pattern. Edited by YoloinOhio

Bleacher Report (Luke Easterling) 4-round mock has some "new" names for Bills

1. Jason Spriggs, OT Indiana

2. Jon Bullard, DT Florida

3. Kenny Lawler, WR Cal

4. KJ Dillon, S WVU

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2618282-2016-nfl-mock-draft-pre-scouting-combine-predictions

Not a huge Spriggs fan but I think he'd still be an upgrade at RT. Major athletic ability.

After him, I would probably run around the house naked if that happens.

Edit - With how the 2nd round shakes out, I'd rather Billings over Bullard but I ain't complaining too much.

Edited by Blokestradamus

only reason I question whether Bills do this is because Whaley has a tendency to draft players from big programs, especially early in the draft. It will be interesting to see if he diverges from that pattern.

I see your point. I guess that I have always viewed it more as he likes athletic freaks early. They often happen to be the big school guys. With that being said, I think that he would have loved Khalil Mack for example. I don't know that to be true but he loves athletes. Butler is one of those strange freaks to me. He was fantastic at the senior bowl.

I see your point. I guess that I have always viewed it more as he likes athletic freaks early. They often happen to be the big school guys. With that being said, I think that he would have loved Khalil Mack for example. I don't know that to be true but he loves athletes. Butler is one of those strange freaks to me. He was fantastic at the senior bowl.

i think that though it is a outstanding draft class for DL overall, it is a relatively weak EDGE class and the DT class is very deep. So I would expect someone who can rush the passer over say a Rankins or Reed in the first. I'd love Lawson, Butler or obviously Spence at 19 if any are there. Then go DT in 2nd or 3rd. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think that though it is a outstanding draft class for DL overall, it is a relatively weak EDGE class and the DT class is very deep. So I would expect someone who can rush the passer over say a Rankins or Reed in the first. I'd love Lawson, Butler or obviously Spence at 19 if any are there. Then go DT in 2nd or 3rd.

If the Bills get a pass rusher in the first round and could turn around and take someone like Vernon Butler or Austin Johnson in the 2nd, I would be absolutely stoked. If they can't nab someone there, I would even be OK with them grabbing a D.J. Reader in the 4th round.