Friday Mock Draft Day!

RyanC883

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be ecstatic with this draft. Used CBS's board.

WR JOSH DOCTSON

TCU

49: R2P18

OT GERMAIN IFEDI

TEXAS A&M

80: R3P17

OLB JOSHUA PERRY

OHIO STATE

117: R4P19

DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY

TEXAS

139: R4P41

DT MALIEK COLLINS

NEBRASKA

156: R5P17

TE TYLER HIGBEE

WESTERN KENTUCKY

192: R6P17

QB JACOBY BRISSETT

NC STATE

218: R6P43

G ANTHONY FABIANO

Final Bills mock

Used Fanspeak

19: R1P19

DT JARRAN REED

ALABAMA

49: R2P18

OLB JOSHUA PERRY

OHIO STATE

80: R3P17

WR CHARONE PEAKE

CLEMSON

117: R4P19

S TYVIS POWELL

OHIO STATE

139: R4P41

QB CARDALE JONES *could also have gone Hackenberg here, he went one pick earlier

OHIO STATE

156: R5P17

DE ANTHONY ZETTEL

PENN STATE

192: R6P17

OT CALEB BENENOCH

UCLA

218: R6P43

OLB TRAVIS FEENEY

WASHINGTON

I always thought Reed was more a run stuffer than a pass rusher.

Is that something we want?

CBF

Yes, and for exactly the reason you pointed out, which is why I have come around on Reed. We need someone to hold down the Nose, take on 2 blockers in the middle and eat up space, so Kyle and Dareus can get upfield as DEs, and our LBs can make plays behind them.

We'd have Hughes, Dareus, Reed, and Kyle on our DL. Im for it.

Edited by DrDareustein

I always thought Reed was more a run stuffer than a pass rusher.

Is that something we want?

CBF

A guy to take up blockers and free up Dareus? Indeed my friend, :thumbsup:

Final Bills mock using composite board. As always, ignored the guys I felt would most likely be gone. Almost nailed it 100%, but the QB I wanted (Doughty) went 2 picks before me in round 6:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P19
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI STATE
2: R2P18
OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE STATE
3: R3P17
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
4: R4P19
OT KYLE MURPHY
STANFORD
5: R4P41
WR MALCOLM MITCHELL
GEORGIA
6: R5P17
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
7: R6P17
ILB ELANDON ROBERTS
HOUSTON
8: R6P43
QB TREVONE BOYKIN
TCU

Almost perfect.

Yes, and for exactly the reason you pointed out, which is why I have come around on Reed. We need someone to hold down the Nose, take on 2 blockers in the middle and eat up space, so Kyle and Dareus can get upfield as DEs, and our LBs can make plays behind them.

He can do all that?

Kyle Williams is now a DE? Has he ever played that position before?

What about when Kyle is no longer a Bill?

CBF

Plan A, Draft Darron Lee LB in the first round and best available DT in the second. The Bills are thin at linebacker and Lee "might" be able to match up with Gronk.

Plan B, If Lee is off the board and Lynch is still there shop around for a trade as the Jets want him. Maybe Denver or someone else will trade. Get extra picks.

Plan C, Both players off the board take best available DT on the board.

He can do all that?

Kyle Williams is now a DE? Has he ever played that position before?

Yes. He's done it for us before, and he can play just about any position along the DL. We're talking DE in the 34 base, not DE in a Wide-9.

Great (and old) article, here: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/11/1927873/examining-multiple-defensive-fronts-featuring-kyle-williams

It still applies, and seems to apply every year, because every year we switch schemes and people doubt Kyle's ability to play X position. And then every year he comes in and put in a pro bowl performance.

Trust in the Meatball!

What about when Kyle is no longer a Bill?

CBF

Well, that isnt this year, so we can worry about it when the time comes. There will be another FA and draft to go through. And Kyle may even stick around for a couple more years. Interior DLs can play well into their 30s (Ted, Pat, Sam, etc)

Yes. He's done it for us before, and he can play just about any position along the DL. We're talking DE in the 34 base, not DE in a Wide-9.

Great (and old) article, here: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/11/1927873/examining-multiple-defensive-fronts-featuring-kyle-williams

It still applies, and seems to apply every year, because every year we switch schemes and people doubt Kyle's ability to play X position. And then every year he comes in and put in a pro bowl performance.

Trust in the Meatball!

Well, that isnt this year, so we can worry about it when the time comes. There will be another FA and draft to go through. And Kyle may even stick around for a couple more years. Interior DLs can play well into their 30s (Ted, Pat, Sam, etc)

Good point

CBF

Yes, and for exactly the reason you pointed out, which is why I have come around on Reed. We need someone to hold down the Nose, take 2 blockers in the middle and eat up space, so Kyle and Dareus can get upfield as DEs, and our LBs can make plays behind them.

since when is Hughes DL