Friday Mock Draft Day!

RyanC883

Exactly

A is why a guy like Card Jones or Dak Prescott would make a good pick in this draft

EJ Manuel isnt going anywhere this year because of his contract.....but will almost certainly be shown the door next year......you take a guy with high upside to have as your 3rd qb this year.....and he slides into the number 2 next year.

I'm just not a Prescott guy, and I'm only lukewarm on Jones to be honest.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown tends to have the pulse of the organization, and here's his take:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2016/04/15/fan-friday-4-15-2/

"I think everyone needs to understand that the Bills wont be drafting a quarterback to compete with Tyrod Taylor this season. Theyre drafting a quarterback because they need to add one to their roster that they feel has the potential to grow and learn and eventually compete for a starting role in 2-3 years time."

"Thats not only their plan, but aside from Carson Wentz and Jared Goff thats what this years class of quarterbacks has to offer."

exactly what Whaley and Rex keep saying. They've already declared TT the starter. They already scouted all these college QBs during the season.

19: R1P19
ILB REGGIE RAGLAND
ALABAMA
--Not my favorite choice but the best choice.
49: R2P18
OLB SU'A CRAVENS
USC
--Could be solid and long time NFL player
80: R3P17
G CHRISTIAN WESTERMAN
ARIZONA STATE
--Upside to play all interior positions
117: R4P19
WR RASHARD HIGGINS
COLORADO ST.
--The most accomplished WR in the draft, play well inside.
139: R4P41
WR DANIEL BRAVERMAN
WESTERN MICHIGAN
--specil teams are 1/3 of the game and will replace Hogan tomorrow.
156: R5P17
DT DARIUS LATHAM
INDIANA
--multifaceted DT that can play 43 or 34 DT, and 43DE in some situations.
192: R6P17
ILB DE DADI NICOLAS
--Upside, opportunity.
218: R6P43
ILB ANTONIO MORRISON
FLORIDA
--upside, opportunity

Just not sure I am liking what is going to be the first two rounds no matter what.

God u are hopeless.....

How do you even know the bills are shopping for a QB?

By Sal Capaccio

Twitter @SalSports

We’ve heard it many times from Bills General Manager Doug Whaley so far this off-season. The team will add to the quarterback position at some point before training camp. Translation: they will be drafting a QB somewhere in this draft. They may even add two it if the value is right.

I'm okay with Jones in the 4th, but after that I'd be leaning toward Brandon Allen or Brandon Doughty

I think 4th sounds about right for Jones....I might even go 3rd just because QBs get overdrafted

He just has a ton of talent......he also fits this offense pretty well given his physical attributes. He gets a full redshirt year before he even has to hold a clipboard

By Sal Capaccio

Twitter @SalSports

We’ve heard it many times from Bills General Manager Doug Whaley so far this off-season. The team will add to the quarterback position at some point before training camp. Translation: they will be drafting a QB somewhere in this draft. They may even add two it if the value is right.

And you take that to mean its gonna be in the 1st round?

Chris Brown tends to have the pulse of the organization, and here's his take:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2016/04/15/fan-friday-4-15-2/

"I think everyone needs to understand that the Bills wont be drafting a quarterback to compete with Tyrod Taylor this season. Theyre drafting a quarterback because they need to add one to their roster that they feel has the potential to grow and learn and eventually compete for a starting role in 2-3 years time."

"Thats not only their plan, but aside from Carson Wentz and Jared Goff thats what this years class of quarterbacks has to offer."

And that doesn't warrant a QB picked @ #19 so all of you hoping for Lynch 1st, sorry

TT outplayed Teddie in his first year

Carr is an absolute stud.....who has a team that is really putting offensive weapons around him.....but lets take a look at that list:

• Joe Flacco - At this point....Flacco...but only because of years of consistancy and Super Bowl...who knows what Flacco they are getting after the injury?
  • Matt Ryan - No.....Matt Ryan has a superstar cast of offensive players and that team is still offensive......
  • Alex Smith....No.....Alex Smith....Alex Smith is at his celing....he is efficient but benefits from a stifling defense getting him the ball....he doesnt even throw to his wr's
  • Derek Carr....yes...I think Derek Carr is gonna be the next great QB
  • Teddy Bridgewater...no.....not based off last year
  • Jay Cutler - an inconsistant up and down player......why should he be above a consistant QB like Tyrod be behind him?
  • Matt Stafford - Im tossed on this one.....Matt puts up the numbers but is a non clutch player
  • Kirk Cousins - Up and down.....not on Tyrods level
  • Blake Bortles - I think he might be a good one.....but still plays on a crap team and he has weapons

There is NOTHING that see where Tyrod should not be included in this list....every one of these qbs has warts to go with their success. If someone wants to say only 1 starting year....ok fine I get that arguement.

It is not a fair comparison to say that TT outperfromed Bridgewater in their first years. Although it was TT's first full time as a starter he has been in the league for a few years. So Bridgewater's performance in his first year doesn't bother me. I thought Bridgewater did make a significant improvement in his second year.

I'm not a Cutler fan and never have been. He's just too detached as a qb for me and he has a quirky personality that is difficult for the coaches and his teammates to get through.

As I stated in my last post I am an advocate for TT but I can't say at this point that I'm sure about his prospects. He needs to show me that he can make plays from the pocket and that he can go through his progressions and throw to the middle of the field. What I can say about him though is that if we didn't have him last year it would have been a disaster.

I'm in the Md/DC areas so I get to see Cousins more than most. I believe that he is better than how you categorize him. In the setting he is in he can be a good qb. He is smart, an accurate passer and has a decent (not great) arm.

side note: If TT deserved to be on the same list that Kirby put together Whaley would have given him a long term contract. He didn't . I'm aware that the Bills have cap issues but if Whaley was very sure about TT a deal, even if it was a bridge deal, would have been worked out.

Edited by JohnC

And that doesn't warrant a QB picked @ #19 so all of you hoping for Lynch 1st, sorry

When I heard the media push about the Bills sitting down with Lynch I swear my first thought was they want a team to Trade up to #19, or ahead of them, just to assure the Jets get locked out...I really, really doubt the Bills have serious interest in Lynch...Mostly because it's likely going to take a 1st round pick to get him...And he's definitely not ready... B-)

I used the NFL BOARD 19: R1P19
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI ST.
OLB SU'A CRAVENS
USC
WR BRAXTON MILLER
OHIO ST.
DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON
OHIO ST.
WR LEONTE CARROO
RUTGERS
G SEBASTIAN TRETOLA
ARKANSAS
ILB ANTONIO MORRISON
FLORIDA
QB KEVIN HOGAN
STANFORD

It is not a fair comparison to say that TT outperfromed Bridgewater in their first years. Although it was TT's first full time as a starter he has been in the league for a few years. So Bridgewater's performance in his first year doesn't bother me. I thought Bridgewater did make a significant improvement in his second year.

This is probably my fault not communicating this correctly.....but I mean first year STARTING for TT and first year starting for Bridgewater. Anything else is not a fair comparison......

I'm not a Cutler fan and never have been. He's just too detached as a qb for me and he has a quirky personality that is difficult for the coaches and his teammates to get through.

As I stated in my last post I am an advocate for TT but I can't say at this point that I'm sure about his prospects. He needs to show me that he can make plays from the pocket and that he can go through his progressions and throw to the middle of the field. What I can say about him though is that if we didn't have him last year it would have been a disaster.

Fair enough

I'm in the Md/DC areas so I get to see Cousins more than most. I believe that he is better than how you categorize him. In the setting he is in he can be a good qb. He is smart, an accurate passer and has a decent (not great) arm.

I didnt realize that I had classiffied Cousins....only that he was inconsistant.

side note: If TT deserved to be on the same list that Kirby put together Whaley would have given him a long term contract. He didn't . I'm aware that the Bills have cap issues but if Whaley was very sure about TT a deal, even if it was a bridge deal, would have been worked out.

WHY would you do that when you have a QB on a cheap deal and hold all the cards......Seattle didnt do that with Russell WIlson? Making TT play into his second year is just a smart business move.

ILB REGGIE RAGLAND
ALABAMA
OLB SU'A CRAVENS
USC
C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA
DT MALIEK COLLINS
NEBRASKA
WR DEMARCUS ROBINSON
FLORIDA
CB SEAN DAVIS
MARYLAND
DE GREG MILHOUSE
CAMPBELL
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON

i'd love this. NFL board.

I didnt realize that I had classiffied Cousins....only that he was inconsistant.

WHY would you do that when you have a QB on a cheap deal and hold all the cards......Seattle didnt do that with Russell WIlson? Making TT play into his second year is just a smart business move.

I don't have the stats on Cousins but I do know that for the second half of last season he was consistently good. I'm not making the case that he is going to be an elite franchise qb. But I do believe that he is going to be a good franchise qb. The GM for the Skins franchised Cousins because they couldn't work out a long term deal. But in franchising him that certainly is an indication that they value him because placing that gilded tag on him is in itself a significant price to pay.

With respect to TT's contract there is a primary reason not associated with the business side that Whaley has to consider: What caliber of a player is he? None of us know for sure until we see if he takes the next step up this year. As I have said on numerous postings I'm a Taylor advocate. But I still don't know for sure whether he takes the next step forward.

If Whaley knew for sure that TT was a lock in moving forward in establishing himself as a very good starting qb he would have signed him sooner to a commensurate contract rather than wait because it would be cheaper.

I don't have the stats on Cousins but I do know that for the second half of last season he was consistently good. I'm not making the case that he is going to be an elite franchise qb. But I do believe that he is going to be a good franchise qb. The GM for the Skins franchised Cousins because they couldn't work out a long term deal. But in franchising him that certainly is an indication that they value him because placing that gilded tag on him is in itself a significant price to pay.

With respect to TT's contract there is a primary reason not associated with the business side that Whaley has to consider: What caliber of a player is he? None of us know for sure until we see if he takes the next step up this year. As I have said on numerous postings I'm a Taylor advocate. But I still don't know for sure whether he takes the next step forward.

If Whaley knew for sure that TT was a lock in moving forward in establishing himself as a very good starting qb he would have signed him sooner to a commensurate contract rather than wait because it would be cheaper.

I ask the following question in terms of football discussion only. There is nothing snide to follow:

If cap space and/or money was any kind of issue (imo they always matter it just varies on to what extent), which player would you rather see the Bills commit long term resources to, Tyrod Taylor or Stephon Gilmore?

I think this is a pretty fair question. ;)

Edit: Also, 2 out of 3: Gilmore, Taylor and Glenn?

Edited by Bill from NYC

I did this one elsewhere, and in the memory of John Butler, used only small school prospects. (Memphis is small enough when it comes to football).

QB PAXTON LYNCH
MEMPHIS

We pass on too many QB prospects, under the never ending rebuilding of the defense and are in a good position this year to take a potential franchise guy.

If they think he’s got a decent shot, now is the time to take a QB. Needs can..and will be filled later in the draft.

DT JAVON HARGRAVE
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

Yeah, I know, who’s he? And why are you taking this guy in the 2nd round in a draft deep in front 7 players?

Well.

No. 1, it’s a small school draft.
No. 2. the guy’s got potential, loads of it.

One of the quicker first steps you’ll ever see. Of the top DT’s only Nkemdiche had a faster 10 yard split. 2 time MEAC Defensive Player of the Year. Over the past 2 years, has 29.5 sacks and 46 tfls. The sack figure is incredible for a DT. At 309 lbs., ran a sub 5 second 40. 29 bench reps and a 34 ½” vertical jump. Was considered the best player at this year’s Shrine Bowl and a very late addition to the Senior Bowl (put on the roster on Thurs. before the game).

2nd fastest 10 yard split among DT's..and it shows.
OT WILLIE BEAVERS
WESTERN MICHIGAN

Not the best year for small school linemen, and we really need a RT.

So I defer to the wisdom of Gil Brandt, who had Willie Beavers listed at the top of his list of underrated offensive players in the draft.

“Beavers (6-foot-4 5/8, 321 pounds, 5.26 40-yard dash) always seemed to elevate his game against better opponents in college, which bodes well for his move to the NFL. He's coming off a strong pro-day performance. He does need to get stronger, but some team will take him in the second round and get a very good player with a ton of upside.”

~Gil Brandt
TE TYLER HIGBEE
WESTERN KENTUCKY

Former WR who looks skinny at 250. Had 500 yards receiving last year, which doesn’t sound overly impressive, until you realize he was injured for half the season. Some think he's the most athletic TE in the draft. Maybe, maybe not, but he's not a plodder, knows how to use his body and can get up the field quickly.
****made before his assault arrest. Not sure now..but the assault might have been jsut a matter of keeping a drunken jerk off his gf.
DE MATT JUDON
GRAND VALLEY STATE

Stud, stud and stud. The best DII defensive player last year.

20 sacks and 23.5 tfl last year

A 4.7 40 on a 275 lb frame and a 35 inch vertical. He's not a blown up, all upper body 275 lb DE either. Look at the lower body, he's got Earl Campbell thighs. He won't get pushed around too much. Led the nation at any level with 20 sacks and had 23 tfls.

Once he gets past an OT, his closing speed on a QB is impressive, he doesn’t mess around. Already has the shoulder dip thing down, and more moves than you’d expect from a small college player who can rely only on his athleticism.
ILB NICK VIGIL
UTAH STATE

140 tackles last year and 267 over the past 2. His 40 time or vertical isn’t much, but he does a 4.0 short shuttle and a sub 7 3 cone, displaying fantastic COD skills.

2 time all Mountain West player on one of the better D’s in the country. Like Miles Jack, fills in at Rb when the need arises. A tough call..but its the 5th round...

ILB LUKE RHODES
WILLIAM & MARY
6’2’ 240, runs between a 4.6 and a 4.7 in the 40, 29 bench reps, built like an Adonis. The rest of his combine measurables are good for the position.

WR PAUL MCROBERTS
SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE
29 career TDs, with 9 each of the past 3 years. 76 receptions last year from a bad qb. Like Hargrave, was a late addition to the Senior Bowl. Look to him as a redzone target. The guy's got hands

How about a trade with Denver who could select Paxton Lynch. Trade the 19th pick for the 31st and 63rd picks. The trade worth and picks are based on Draftek and based on players The Bills have spoken to.

31st pick, Jarran Reed DT, Alabama

49th pick, Su'a Cravens LB USC

63rd pick, Tyler Boyd, WR Pittsburgh

80th pick, Dak Prescott QB

117th pick, Cyrus Jones CB Alabama

139th pick, Antonio Morrison OLB Florida

156th pick, TJ Green, FS Clemson

192nd pick Robert Aguayo K Florida St

Edited by bisonbrigade

This is my favorite one yet from the NFL.com board on fanspeak...traded down with Titans who offered 2nd round 2 and 2 round 12 for 1st round 19. Traded down again 2nd 12 to 2nd 17 to pick up an extra 4th from the Colts, then traded up with the Titans to 3rd round pick 1 to nab Darron Lee...

33: R2P2
ILB REGGIE RAGLAND
ALABAMA
48: R2P17
DT VERNON BUTLER
LOUISIANA TECH
WR LAQUON TREADWELL
MISSISSIPPI
64: R3P1
OLB DARRON LEE
OHIO ST.