Friday Mock Draft Day!

RyanC883

Fanspeak board (most up to date), ignoring guys that I felt were incredibly unlikely to be there:

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P19
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI STATE
Has top-15 talent and can play in various roles in any scheme
2: R2P18
OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE STATE
Athletic edge defender with great motor
3: R3P17
OT KYLE MURPHY
STANFORD
1 round earlier than I'd like, but he's got starting RT potential and can dress as a swing tackle as a rookie, so he gets a bump in draft stock
4: R4P19
QB CARDALE JONES
OHIO STATE
Big, athletic, developmental QB
5: R4P41
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
Might be a wish at this point, but he's a role player as a rookie and eventual starter with great size and range
6: R5P17
ILB ELANDON ROBERTS
HOUSTON
Another pick I made earlier than I wanted, both for need and because I love the player
7: R6P17
WR KEYARRIS GARRETT
TULSA
Red zone target with penchant for making the big catch
8: R6P43
DT VINCENT VALENTINE
NEBRASKA
True NT that can play snaps as a rookie if he dedicates himself to staying in shape

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanspeak board (most up to date), ignoring guys that I felt were incredibly unlikely to be there:

YOUR PICKS

DT CHRIS JONES

MISSISSIPPI STATE

OLB KAMALEI CORREA

BOISE STATE

OT KYLE MURPHY

STANFORD

1 round earlier than I'd like, but he's got starting RT potential and can dress as a swing tackle as a rookie, so he gets a bump in draft stock

QB CARDALE JONES

OHIO STATE

S JUSTIN SIMMONS

BOSTON COLLEGE

Might be a wish at this point, but he's a role player as a rookie and eventual starter with great size and range

ILB ELANDON ROBERTS

HOUSTON

Another pick I made earlier than I wanted, both for need and because I love the player

WR KEYARRIS GARRETT

TULSA

DT VINCENT VALENTINE

NEBRASKA

True NT that can play snaps as a rookie if he dedicates himself to staying in shape

I might have went in a different direction than Murphy in the 3rd but I like it. I think that it addresses the Bills needs. I might have went WR or Deion Jones in the 3rd and tried to get Joe Haeg later on. Just nitpicking though, that would be a really good draft for the Bills.

I used Fanspeak and avoided guys that definitely wouldn't be there (i.e. Chris Jones in the 3rd). I don't think Joseph is likely in the 2nd but possible. Anyways:

OLB DARRON LEE

OHIO STATE

49: R2P18

S KARL JOSEPH

WEST VIRGINIA

80: R3P17

DT MALIEK COLLINS

NEBRASKA

117: R4P19

QB CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG

PENN STATE

139: R4P41

WR MALCOLM MITCHELL

GEORGIA

156: R5P17

DT D.J. READER

CLEMSON

192: R6P17

OLB JATAVIS BROWN

AKRON

218: R6P43

C ISAAC SEUMALO

Edited by Kirby Jackson

YOUR PICKS
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI STATE
OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE STATE
OT KYLE MURPHY
STANFORD
QB CARDALE JONES
OHIO STATE
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
ILB ELANDON ROBERTS
HOUSTON
WR KEYARRIS GARRETT
TULSA
DT VINCENT VALENTINE
NEBRASKA

Wow that is as close to perfect as any I've seen. We all seem to get a lot of the same players, but you've identified a couple of guys who look like diamonds in the rough. I have to admit I knew nothing of Garrett.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/american-athletic-conference/2016/2/27/11125752/nfl-combine-tulsa-wr-keyarris-garrett-impresses-scouts-with-size-speed

I admit too being very impressed. In the article it says he could be a third rounder, he doesn't seem to be getting that kind of play in the media.

Edited by The Thurmanator

Wow that is as close to perfect as any I've seen. We all seem to get a lot of the same players, but you've identified a couple of guys who look like diamonds in the rough. I have to admit I knew nothing of Garrett.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/american-athletic-conference/2016/2/27/11125752/nfl-combine-tulsa-wr-keyarris-garrett-impresses-scouts-with-size-speed

I admit too being very impressed. In the article it says he could be a third rounder, he doesn't seem to be getting that kind of play in the media.

I had Garrett graded as a 5th/6th guy when I watched him. Plenty of circus catches, but also some worrisome drops (on account of his relatively small hands for a 6'4" guy with 34" arms).

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184221-2016-draft-wrte-thread/page-6?do=findComment&comment=3861879

YOUR PICKS
DT CHRIS JONES
MISSISSIPPI STATE
OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE STATE
OT KYLE MURPHY
STANFORD
QB CARDALE JONES
OHIO STATE
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
ILB ELANDON ROBERTS
HOUSTON
WR KEYARRIS GARRETT
TULSA
DT VINCENT VALENTINE
NEBRASKA

I really like the Round 1 and 2 combo there...My personal preference is Jones and Correa or Fackrell...I'm OK with either... B-)

YOUR PICKS

OT RONNIE STANLEY

NOTRE DAME

Shocked that he was here. But when looking at the players selected ahead of him, they all seemed like good "fits" on their teams, so if he's here, I take him.

DT VERNON BUTLER

LOUISIANA TECH

If the first two rounds go this well, I'll be very happy. Great versatile DT. Shows how deep the DT class is that he is available in RD2.

WR BRAXTON MILLER

OHIO STATE

This should be our WR pick. A Percy Harvin replacement that can catch the ball and run the ball. Great athlete with high football IQ.

OLB JAYLON SMITH

NOTRE DAME

Would be surprised if he fell this far, but other mocks have him falling this far. So, the question is, if his medical is okay, do you trade a 4th rounder this year for a top 10 pick next year. Answer: Yes. That is basically what happens with this pick.

OLB KAMALEI CORREA

BOISE STATE

Ok, no clue how he is available here. If not him, then Scobby Wright.

DT D.J. READER

CLEMSON

Big, disruptive DT that is needed in a 3-4. Potential seems to not yet have matched results. So there is room for improvement. At the very least we get an athletic space-eater.

CB JAMES BRADBERRY

SAMFORD

CB that likes the bump-and-run. Bit shaky in coverage. May end up as a safety. But physical play and love of football makes him a good 6th round pick.

QB JACOBY BRISSETT

NC STATE

Skill-set is somewhat similar to TT. Ability to throw on the run. Great TD-Int ratio in college. Downfield throwing not great. But as a development project, he won't loose games if he is the backup next year.

Used First Pick Draft game:

Round 1 Pick 25 (PITT): Kevin Dodd, DE/OLB, Clemson (B)
Round 2 Pick 18:
Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (N.E.):
Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 30 (N.E.):
Carl Nassib, DE/OLB, Penn State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 28 (N.E.):
Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 41 (COMP):
C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 17:
DeAndre Houston-Carson, FS, William & Mary ( B-)
Round 6 Pick 17
: Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 43 (COMP):
Moritz Boehringer, WR/TE, Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns (B+)

Edited by xsoldier54

19: R1P19
S KARL JOSEPH
WEST VIRGINIA
Surprise pick, Joseph would form a formidable duo with A. Williams and might be the best S on the field day 1.
DT VERNON BUTLER
LOUISIANA TECH
His ability to play multiple spots on the dline and ability make him the pick in this scenario.
QB CARDALE JONES
OHIO STATE
He was the top QB available, fits the scheme and has the ability worth developing.
CB CYRUS JONES
ALABAMA
Instantly the #1 punt returner, good depth at CB and solid 4th round value.
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
Nose tackle of the future.
WR KOLBY LISTENBEE
TCU
A vertical route nightmare paired with Watkins on passing downs w/Woods shifting inside.
OLB ERIC STRIKER
OKLAHOMA
DPR, who can bend the edge opposite Hughes on passing downs. Wins with speed, balance and low center of gravity.
ILB ELANDON ROBERTS
HOUSTON
Under appreciated in the draft media, not on this board, likely is gone, but wasnt in this mock, Boom.

My favorite draft so far, no oline but back up QB and WR addressed and the D is restocked w/good fits and versatility.

Here's my fanspeak one for today. Also not too bad I don't think.

OLB NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY
DT KENNY CLARK
UCLA
CB ZACK SANCHEZ
OKLAHOMA
RB C.J. PROSISE
NOTRE DAME
QB BRANDON ALLEN
ARKANSAS
ILB BLAKE MARTINEZ
STANFORD
DE JASON FANAIKA
UTAH
WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE

No to Ragland, Spence.

Not on board with Ragland in the 1st. Too high for a 2 down LB. Hoping Lee makes it past Atlanta.

Atlanta or Indy could grab him.

Or they could go OL.

I wish we could go Elliot. But we were foolish and got McCoy.

Composite was upgraded today.

DT SHELDON RANKINS
LOUISVILLE
OLB SU'A CRAVENS
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE STATE
DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY
TEXAS
OLB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA
K ROBERTO AGUAYO
FLORIDA STATE
QB JACOBY BRISSETT
NC STATE
WR ALONZO RUSSELL
TOLEDO

S KARL JOSEPH

WEST VIRGINIA

Surprise pick, Joseph would form a formidable duo with A. Williams and might be the best S on the field day 1.

DT VERNON BUTLER

LOUISIANA TECH

His ability to play multiple spots on the dline and ability make him the pick in this scenario.

QB CARDALE JONES

OHIO STATE

He was the top QB available, fits the scheme and has the ability worth developing.

CB CYRUS JONES

ALABAMA

Instantly the #1 punt returner, good depth at CB and solid 4th round value.

DT D.J. READER

CLEMSON

Nose tackle of the future.

WR KOLBY LISTENBEE

TCU

A vertical route nightmare paired with Watkins on passing downs w/Woods shifting inside.

OLB ERIC STRIKER

OKLAHOMA

DPR, who can bend the edge opposite Hughes on passing downs. Wins with speed, balance and low center of gravity.

ILB ELANDON ROBERTS

HOUSTON

Under appreciated in the draft media, not on this board, likely is gone, but wasnt in this mock, Boom.

My favorite draft so far, no oline but back up QB and WR addressed and the D is restocked w/good fits and versatility.

this draft is underrated ... Lots of potential here, scheme fits and needs addressed Edited by YoloinOhio

Composite was upgraded today.

i'd like that draft. toledo has some ballers. i don't like cyrus jones, though. cardale jones scares me, but i'd take a flier.

here was mine if I was drafting for the Bills...of course, it's way off but its who I want.

OLB DARRON LEE
OHIO STATE
I think he is the best value LB in the draft and likely to have the longest career. He is one of the youngest players in the draft and will be able to play all 3 downs. Jack is a health concern, Ragland is a 2 down backer, at least early on. The rest beneath those 3 are significantly dropped off.
TE HUNTER HENRY
ARKANSAS
I wanted Hunter Henry in the 2nd, but know we will not get him so I tried to draft true to what I think happens. Karl Joseph was there, so was Keanu Neal. Will Fuller and Michael Thomas were also there. Ryan Kelly was there also.
If It was me I would value Henry over Kelly over the pack. Henry would make a great tandem to Clay and Kelly could play RG and or challenge Wood at center. His season and a half of return to better than average is great but I think he's tradeable if I am GM.
DT WILLIE HENRY
MICHIGAN
In the 3rd I skipped Braxton Miller, who would be fun to draft. I chose Willie Henry because he is the type of DT that Rex Ryan and this system needs. He won't flourish right away but working in with Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus he will be effective.
OLB KAMALEI CORREA
BOISE STATE
4th round first pick I was not excited with getting Correa who needs work but if anyone can make the most of him it'll be the Ryan Bros. Joe Schobert was also there and could be a pick, just don't see us pulling trigger there.
S MILES KILLEBREW
SOUTHERN UTAH
Pick 2 was Miles Killebrew, a player I've read up on from time to time just never sure we can get him. He's one of the Von Bell types, just not as talented. The potential may be there and he is one hell of a hitter. If I am drafting in this position, I take him there and look to play him in packages as a box safety or paired inside.
Idealy, with the 3 of these picks already - Lee at JLB, Henry @ DT/NT, and Correa and Killebrew filling in as scheme specific players able to transition the character of our team but not leave us terribly exposed should we face a speed offense.
DE JAMES COWSER
SOUTHERN UTAH
Rd 5's James Cowser is a work in progress when it comes to projected NFL talent. He has a lot of ability and it showed in college. In the NFL he has the opportunity to play SLB or DE in either a 43 or 34 setup. At 6'3, 248 he has a rather lean, yet stout frame.
CB JUSTON BURRIS
NC STATE
Round 6, our first pick to me was between Willie Beavers, OT from WMU and CB Juston Burris from NCSU. Juston Burris is a CB, we need CB's on this team and there will be enough talent for OT later in the UDFA and camp cuts.
WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE
De'Runnya Wilson is a 6'5 224 lbs. WR who we can put on the field in the red zone if needed. We have Clay, O'Leary and now Henry, among other TE's. So, he likely ends up on the practice squad. But, there is potential.