Friday Mock Draft Day!

RyanC883

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to piggy back off Machine Gun's post and apologize for my post. You are most certainly entitled to your opinion. My thoughts

You keep saying "Tyrod is a good quarterback...but"

Well actually there is no but....because even good quarterbacks dont grow on trees. There is a shortage of even "good" qbs in the league your making a determination on whether Tyrod Taylor can grow into a franchise QB after ONE YEAR OF STARTING PLAY. Dont you think that it is a little foolish to trade what you pretty much know you have for a chance at something that historically tells you is a complete crapshoot? By your own admission you think TT can take the bills to the playoffs as a "good" qb. If the defense was holding up THEIR end......there is no telling how far this team will go....

You keep calling TT a "small" quarterback.....he is fact is short not small.......and has a similar biuld to Russell Wilson....is anyone saying Russell Wilson should not be a franchise qb? No....because he is a playmaker just like Tyrod Taylor. Then you call Paxton Lynch "durable" the guy has not played a down in the NFL and your making predictions on this which I just dont get....your HOPING that Paxton Lynch is durable and a good qb under fire.

You make just too may predictions and call them as facts in this thread......

The fact is that he cannot beat NE, he struggles reading NE defense, He missed the Cinny and Jacksonville games due to injury, he has one year left on his contract, he will ask for a contract more than he is worth. Those are the facts. And he is WAY overrated. He put numbers at the end of garbage games and if he was ALL that that Baltimore would of not of let him get away.

Tyrod Taylor Height 6-1 weight 215

Paxton Lynch Height 6-7 weight 244

Those are the facts.

Edited by bisonbrigade

The fact is that he cannot beat NE, he struggles reading NE defense, He missed the Cinny and Jacksonville games due to injury, he has one year left on his contract, he will ask for a contract more than he is worth. Those are the facts. And he is WAY overrated. He put numbers at the end of garbage games and if he was ALL that that Baltimore would of not of let him get away.

Those are the facts.

How does this determine future success?

Those are the facts.

- There are a lot of QBs that struggle against NE. NE is kind of good. Also, cannot? Really? He's 0-2, but that doesn't mean he's going to be 0-30.

- He missed 2 games due to an injury suffered by an illegal tackle that was made illegal because it tends to cause injuries.

- All players ask for more than they are worth, it's called negotiations.

- He's 8-6 as a starter and had several stats in the top 10 of the league in his first year as a starter and his first year in Roman's system where he split reps all offseason with 2 other QBs trying to earn his place. Rate him where you please based on those facts.

- Baltimore had no say in the matter. Their options to keep Tyrod were to trade Flacco and his $100M contract, cut Flacco and his $100M contract, or Franchise Tag their Backup QB for ~$19M guaranteed.

- Tyrod Taylor 6-1 weight 215, missed 2 games due to injury in 2015; Joe Flacco 6-6 weight 245, missed 6 games due to injury in 2015; Ben Roethlisburger 6-5 weight 240, missed 4 games due to injury in 2015

Those are the facts.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

19: R1P19

DT A'SHAWN ROBINSON

ALABAMA - Love his versatility. Can play 2 gap, 5 technique, or nose tackle.

49: R2P18

S KARL JOSEPH

WEST VIRGINIA - Love his aggression and physicality.

80: R3P17

C NICK MARTIN

NOTRE DAME - Didn't want to go interior o-line here, but couldn't pass up on Martin. Versatile, smart, and technically sound.

117: R4P19

WR KENNY LAWLER

CALIFORNIA - Needs to bulk up a bit, but one of the most talented WR's in this class, IMO.

139: R4P41

DE CHARLES TAPPER

OKLAHOMA - Good, athletic 5 technique guy for depth. Potential starter.

156: R5P17

ILB JARED NORRIS

UTAH - Instinctive 3-4 ILB. Tough kid who diagnoses well and does well to shed blockers.

192: R6P17

CB JAMES BRADBERRY

SAMFORD - I like his size and ability to play press corner. Could be a steal. Perhaps transition to safety if needed too.

218: R6P43

QB JEFF DRISKEL

LOUISIANA TECH - I had a choice of Driskel and Hogan here. Went with my gut.

I trade a "good QB" for a 2nd & 4th round pick all day everyday to get a chance at a Franchise QB.

That wasn't the initial trade. Either way I think that is insanity.

Below are players that I would say are at/near the level of play that Tyrod provided. Would you trade the following players for a 2nd and a 4th?

• Joe Flacco
  • Matt Ryan
  • Alex Smith
  • Derek Carr
  • Teddy Bridgewater
  • Jay Cutler
  • Matt Stafford
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Blake Bortles
Edited by Kirby Jackson

That wasn't the initial trade. Either way I think that is insanity.

Below are players that I would say are at/near the level of play that Tyrod provided. Would you trade the following players for a 2nd and a 4th?

• Joe Flacco
  • Matt Ryan
  • Alex Smith
  • Derek Carr
  • Teddy Bridgewater
  • Jay Cutler
  • Matt Stafford
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Blake Bortles

I think you are inflating your grade on TT in your comparisons. We are hoping that TT can attain the level of most of the qbs you cited. You are premature in now putting him in that category. That is what we are going to find out this year. Would I take a Derek Carr or a Teddy Bridgewater over TT? With not hesitiation, yes.

I am not one to be overly critical of TT. Quite the contrary. Considering his prior playing experience I thought TT not only played well but exhibited enough qualities to be optimistic that he can be a good qb in this league. As far as I am concerned this is the tell year in which he demonstrates that he is capable of making all the plays that a franchise qb in this league should make.

Side note: I wished the Bills would have drafted Derek Carr. We could have moved down in the first round and still have been in position to select him. I like him a lot. I think he is on the verge of transitioning into being a really good qb.

Edited by JohnC

Using NFL.com on Fanspeak--trade down to 26 for 3 extra picks; trade up in 6th round to nab Josh Perry..

26: R1P26
DT VERNON BUTLER
LOUISIANA TECH
QB PAXTON LYNCH
MEMPHIS
S MILES KILLEBREW
SOUTHERN UTAH
104: R4P6
OLB DEION JONES
LSU
DT ADOLPHUS WASHINGTON
OHIO ST.
124: R4P26
RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS
130: R4P32
WR MORITZ BOEHRINGER
OT KYLE MURPHY
STANFORD
CB ERIC MURRAY
MINNESOTA
179: R6P4
ILB JOSHUA PERRY
OHIO ST.
TE BRYCE WILLIAMS
EAST CAROLINA

I think you are inflating your grade on TT in your comparisons. We are hoping that TT can attain the level of most of the qbs you cited. You are premature in now putting him in that category. That is what we are going to find out this year. Would I take a Derek Carr or a Teddy Bridgewater over TT? With not hesitiation, yes.

I am not one to be overly critical of TT. Quite the contrary. Considering his prior playing experience I thought TT not only played well but exhibited enough qualities to be optimistic that he can be a good qb in this league. As far as I am concerned this is the tell year in which he demonstrates that he is capable of making all the plays that a franchise qb in this league should make.

Side note: I wished the Bills would have drafted Derek Carr. We could have moved down in the first round and still have been in position to select him. I like him a lot. I think he is on the verge of transitioning into being a really good qb.

TT outplayed Teddie in his first year

Carr is an absolute stud.....who has a team that is really putting offensive weapons around him.....but lets take a look at that list:

• Joe Flacco - At this point....Flacco...but only because of years of consistancy and Super Bowl...who knows what Flacco they are getting after the injury?
  • Matt Ryan - No.....Matt Ryan has a superstar cast of offensive players and that team is still offensive......
  • Alex Smith....No.....Alex Smith....Alex Smith is at his celing....he is efficient but benefits from a stifling defense getting him the ball....he doesnt even throw to his wr's
  • Derek Carr....yes...I think Derek Carr is gonna be the next great QB
  • Teddy Bridgewater...no.....not based off last year
  • Jay Cutler - an inconsistant up and down player......why should he be above a consistant QB like Tyrod be behind him?
  • Matt Stafford - Im tossed on this one.....Matt puts up the numbers but is a non clutch player
  • Kirk Cousins - Up and down.....not on Tyrods level
  • Blake Bortles - I think he might be a good one.....but still plays on a crap team and he has weapons

There is NOTHING that see where Tyrod should not be included in this list....every one of these qbs has warts to go with their success. If someone wants to say only 1 starting year....ok fine I get that arguement.

This is what I got today:

19: R1P19
DT VERNON BUTLER
LOUISIANA TECH
WR WILLIAM FULLER
NOTRE DAME
S KARL JOSPEH
WEST VIRGINIA
LB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME
LB SCOOBY WRIGHT
ARIZONA
OT CALEB BENENOCH
UCLA
192: R6P17
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
QB BRANDON DOUGHTY
WESTERN KENTUCKY

<p>

[*]Joe Flacco

[*]Matt Ryan

[*]Alex Smith

[*]Derek Carr

[*]Teddy Bridgewater

[*]Jay Cutler

[*]Matt Stafford

[*]Kirk Cousins

[*]Blake Bortles

I'd trade none of those for what is on offer here. Where does TT fit in that group? Hard to say after 14 starts but of the less established guys I'd rather have him than Cousins and probably Teddy but would take Carr and especially Bortles (who I think could end up being great) above him.

I'd trade none of those for what is on offer here. Where does TT fit in that group? Hard to say after 14 starts but of the less established guys I'd rather have him than Cousins and probably Teddy but would take Carr and especially Bortles (who I think could end up being great) above him.

That is kind of how I feel. I'd rather have him than Cutler and Alex Smith as well. I'd rather Stafford, Flacco or Ryan than Tyrod but think that he probably belongs in that group at the moment.

That is kind of how I feel. I'd rather have him than Cutler and Alex Smith as well. I'd rather Stafford, Flacco or Ryan than Tyrod but think that he probably belongs in that group at the moment.

I struggle to compare him to those guys because of the huge difference in experience.

- There are a lot of QBs that struggle against NE. NE is kind of good. Also, cannot? Really? He's 0-2, but that doesn't mean he's going to be 0-30.

- He missed 2 games due to an injury suffered by an illegal tackle that was made illegal because it tends to cause injuries.

- All players ask for more than they are worth, it's called negotiations.

- He's 8-6 as a starter and had several stats in the top 10 of the league in his first year as a starter and his first year in Roman's system where he split reps all offseason with 2 other QBs trying to earn his place. Rate him where you please based on those facts.

- Baltimore had no say in the matter. Their options to keep Tyrod were to trade Flacco and his $100M contract, cut Flacco and his $100M contract, or Franchise Tag their Backup QB for ~$19M guaranteed.

- Tyrod Taylor 6-1 weight 215, missed 2 games due to injury in 2015; Joe Flacco 6-6 weight 245, missed 6 games due to injury in 2015; Ben Roethlisburger 6-5 weight 240, missed 4 games due to injury in 2015

Those are the facts.

-There are alot of QB's that struggle against NE, not ALL QB's. If you want the Bills to be successful you cannot have a QB that struggles. His play cost us the game in NE on Monday night.

- No matter the reason, he still was injured.

- All players reps do not trash talk the defense as part of "negotiations."

-If he is all that and a bag of chips, tell me why the Bills are shopping for a QB still?

Those are the facts.

-There are alot of QB's that struggle against NE, not ALL QB's. If you want the Bills to be successful you cannot have a QB that struggles. His play cost us the game in NE on Monday night.

-If he is all that and a bag of chips, tell me why the Bills are shopping for a QB still?

Those are the facts.

God u are hopeless.....

How do you even know the bills are shopping for a QB?

Those are the facts.

I think that condemning him to failure based on his performance against NE* in his first year as a starter is premature at best. The thing to look for is how he progresses in his first full offseason as a starter.

Also, what his agent says means nothing except that his agent is a moron.

Lastly, teams should always be planning ahead at the QB position. Even if they think the world of him, he's an UFA next year, and tag or not, you need to have a contingency plan in place

Those are the facts.

- Can you name me a QB that has a winning record against NE over the past 15 years? I honestly can't think of one. Flacco may be close.

- As were many QB's that are considered good to franchise quality.

- Tyrod has not said anything about the defense. He said he will continue to focus on what he can control, and that is preparing for 2016. Do not confuse a player's agent with a players themselves.

- Why has NE spent so many picks/roster spots on QB's in the last decade? They've had Tom Brady the whole time!

Here is what I think

- TT showed last year in his first year with the bills that he is a good qb

- Rex and Whaley are on shaky ground to get this team to the playoffs.....they dont trust EJ to be the starter and they are not gonna put it in the hands of a 1st year rookie QB

- Rex is a defensive guy.....and you can bet this draft is going to be used for impact defensive starters with the losses they took in the offseason AND the scheme switch that is underway

This team needs DL (which is the strength of the draft) and LB's BADLY

I think all the QBs worth taking in the 1st will be off the board anyway......but if Lynch for some reason is there at 19.....I think they trade down because the strength of this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Chris Brown tends to have the pulse of the organization, and here's his take:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2016/04/15/fan-friday-4-15-2/

"I think everyone needs to understand that the Bills won’t be drafting a quarterback to compete with Tyrod Taylor this season. They’re drafting a quarterback because they need to add one to their roster that they feel has the potential to grow and learn and eventually compete for a starting role in 2-3 years time."

"That’s not only their plan, but aside from Carson Wentz and Jared Goff that’s what this year’s class of quarterbacks has to offer."

Chris Brown tends to have the pulse of the organization, and here's his take:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2016/04/15/fan-friday-4-15-2/

"I think everyone needs to understand that the Bills won’t be drafting a quarterback to compete with Tyrod Taylor this season. They’re drafting a quarterback because they need to add one to their roster that they feel has the potential to grow and learn and eventually compete for a starting role in 2-3 years time."

"That’s not only their plan, but aside from Carson Wentz and Jared Goff that’s what this year’s class of quarterbacks has to offer."

Exactly

A is why a guy like Card Jones or Dak Prescott would make a good pick in this draft

EJ Manuel isnt going anywhere this year because of his contract.....but will almost certainly be shown the door next year......you take a guy with high upside to have as your 3rd qb this year.....and he slides into the number 2 next year.