Is it wise to grossly underpay your starting QB?

Totally agree and would probably even include the Browns in that conversation as they have such an early pick. They can get Wentz or Goff on a rookie deal. Who ever knows what they are doing though.

Hue is gonna turn that clown car around....for the first 4 weeks.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. You put together random lines like a ransom note and then present them as me saying TT would get $19MM as a backup? :lol: Hilarious but sadly not surprising coming from WEO. The Sarah Palin of trolls.

Ah, yes....the "your reading comprehension..." comeback. The first and last refuge for guys who are stepping back from really goofy arguments.

You said he would command 19 million and then mentioned such teams as AZ and NO and Baltimore as teams that would be so interested, knowing he would be a backup there.

Now you're saying that "he would command 19 million a year, but not from thooooose teams that I mentioned".

Just answer the question--would any of those 3 teams you mentioned pay him 19 million if he was a FA today? If not then why did you include them in this thread?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Ah, yes....the "your reading comprehension..." comeback. The first and last refuge for guys who are stepping back from really goofy arguments.

You said he would command 19 million and then mentioned such teams as AZ and NO and Baltimore as teams that would be so interested, knowing he would be a backup there.

Now you're saying that "he would command 19 million a year, but not from thooooose teams that I mentioned".

Just answer the question--would any of those 3 teams you mentioned pay him 19 million if he was a FA today? If not then why did you include them in this thread?

If anything, wouldn't TT feel even more disrespected from teams trying to get him to back up those other guys?

You and your cadre knock it off. If you have nothing to add then how about saying nothing at all?

You have no idea how much it pisses me off when you, of all people, use words that I have to look up.

Edited by Gugny

Then I guess you're just a worrier. Probably why your friends call you Whiskers?

knock

it

off

knock

it

off

I know. I just worry about TT souring on the Bills if he feels unappreciated.

No offense--that makes no sense.

He signed a contract for 3 years, with the incentive that the final year would void if he met certain playing time criteria, making him an unrestricted FA 1 year earlier.

He played above expectations, and earned the chance to start next year. Now he has to go out and prove that he can improve upon his first year as a starter, in which case he'll be rewarded.

How could he possibly feel unappreciated?

I'd add that the situation will have to play out like one of these scenarios:

TT excels: He'd probably get his big deal sometime late this season or in the offseason. If the deal didn't get worked out he'd get tagged and make $20M. Difficult to be too mad about that I'd wager.

TT takes a big step back: Then the Bills would have saved a lot of cap space by not jumping the gun and any hard feeling he would have toward the Bills would be pretty moot.

TT stays level with last season: This is the toughest scenario by far and the most likely to result in a big difference between what the Bills will want to pay and what TT thinks he worth. Thus, there's a real chance for some hard feelings in this case. But it'd probably be the same situation as if they fried to do a deal now. TT's agent can make a case for him to get PAID big time and the Bills FO can make a case for him to get paid a lot less.

The Bills have got him wrapped up for this season on the cheap. He seems okay with betting on himself so let's just see if things clarify on their own before we make a move. It really is the prudent course of action.

How many players on a football team?

Will holding your breath and stomping your feet get you Aaron Rogers?

Honestly I would rather experience the ascension of our very own Taylor. That would be awesome !

as Augie said " that does not work" around my house either.

It must be a rare feeling to have a majority in your corner for once. It's a free country (and a free message board, I assume) if I want to express my opinion. My feeling is you don't mess around when you have a good thing going. You are still on your "TT sux" crusade. Whatever. Time will reveal the truth.

Tyrods got character I think hes gonna be loyal to the 1st team that gave him an opportunity to be the 'man' and start a full 2 seasons. Def restructure or resign Tyrod in November next year based on results. He doesnt seem like the type of player to bail for more $$ on the 1st team that gave him the steering wheel, I see too much character for that.

He missed 2 games and played something like 83% of our offensive snaps. Let's not act like he's Goodwin or Harvin...

Agreed. Couple this with the studies that have shown "running QBs" get hurt at the same rate as any other type of QB and this might be one of the biggest fallacies in football...Mobile QBs somehow get hurt more than non mobile QBs. It's simply not true.

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. You put together random lines like a ransom note and then present them as me saying TT would get $19MM as a backup? :lol: Hilarious but sadly not surprising coming from WEO. The Sarah Palin of trolls.

Here you are making false statements ... where is proof "he" is a mother of a female abuser?

Simpliest solution is to sign an agreement which adds a short term extension at bye week if he hits certain milestones negotiated during this offseason so he can get his money but it impacts 2017 cap if he performs. If the Bills in offseason draft the next Willson who makes starting QB ride the bench, that is the way the NFL works.

Unless there is a concern over TT holding out, there's no need to pay him until he's proven himself. I think that Russ Wilson's contract is the ceiling for him, considering he took his team to the playoffs all 3 seasons, and to 2 SB's, winning one. If he holds out, tell his agent to shop him around and deal him for a 1st rounder.

If TT shows he is capable of carrying this team next year, he will get paid by the Bills. It's kinda silly to stress about this now.

We were 2nd in 3 and outs and our game plans are to limit passing attempts. Let's see an improvement in that before shooting our load over 14 games. Of course shooting their load and giving out bad contracts is a Bills tradition.

• 2 weeks later...

Disagree. We must overreact to every game. We beat Dallas in spectular fashion!

You're right my bad!!!! Have I learned nothing from missing the play-offs for 16 years?!!! :)

While we are at it Gillespie had a couple of good runs and McCoy is in trouble with the police we should sign him to a 10 year no move contract.

I'd add that the situation will have to play out like one of these scenarios:

TT excels: He'd probably get his big deal sometime late this season or in the offseason. If the deal didn't get worked out he'd get tagged and make $20M. Difficult to be too mad about that I'd wager.

TT takes a big step back: Then the Bills would have saved a lot of cap space by not jumping the gun and any hard feeling he would have toward the Bills would be pretty moot.

TT stays level with last season: This is the toughest scenario by far and the most likely to result in a big difference between what the Bills will want to pay and what TT thinks he worth. Thus, there's a real chance for some hard feelings in this case. But it'd probably be the same situation as if they fried to do a deal now. TT's agent can make a case for him to get PAID big time and the Bills FO can make a case for him to get paid a lot less.

The Bills have got him wrapped up for this season on the cheap. He seems okay with betting on himself so let's just see if things clarify on their own before we make a move. It really is the prudent course of action.

I totally agree with your opinion on this situation. I think it will work out for the Bills real well.

I would also add a scenario which can be lumped in with scenario #3. TT gets hurt. That leaves the Bills again in the unknown area.

If TT shows he is capable of carrying this team next year, he will get paid by the Bills. It's kinda silly to stress about this now.

We were 2nd in 3 and outs and our game plans are to limit passing attempts. Let's see an improvement in that before shooting our load over 14 games. Of course shooting their load and giving out bad contracts is a Bills tradition.

Agreed