Clinton Political Dynasty

True.

He also didn't pretend that he could walk while secret service agents helped him wobble up a flight of stairs.

Are you sure about that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1982/01/24/fdrs-cover-up-the-extent-of-his-handicap/9e3f26df-c0a4-4cb6-9852-754fd54d3cae/?utm_term=.37efdbc4a4fb

Working first with his sons and later with the Secret Service, FDR developed a strategy for public appearances that allowed the public to see him without being unduly aware of his handicap. FDR was never seen by the public in a wheelchair. He was never lifted bodily in the presence of the public. He developed a means of "walking" without crutches, which involved leaning heavily upon the strong right arm of an attendant while stabilizing himself with a cane. He used numerous tricks. For example, in proceeding up to a speaker's platform, he would have himself carried up the steps in a standing position. To all but the closest observers this appeared as though the president himself was climbing the stairs. He insisted upon endless practice because, as he emphasized to his sons, he thought that whatever was done in public must appear to spectators to be easy and without effort. FDR succeeded in this to an astonishing degree. Many hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people saw him at fairly close range over the White House years and most did not notice that he was physically handicapped.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...fine... we agree...Hillary isn't healthy enough to climb stairs. What's her excuse?

You miss stated a historical fact. I thought you would have appreciated the history lesson.

I learned about this on the Roosevelt series on PBS.

I also learned that FDR was very partisan. In speeches he would say things like he was trying to help Americans, but those wascally wepublicans wouldn't let him etc.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but it was to me.

Edited by reddogblitz

You miss stated a historical fact. I thought you would have appreciated the history lesson.

I learned about this on the Roosevelt series on PBS.

I also learned that FDR was very partisan. In speeches he would say things like he was trying to help Americans, but those wascally wepublicans wouldn't let him etc.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but it was to me.

Why is that a surprise? He was a commie. Is this your transportation?:

mSTn9T4v_400x400.png

Edited by 4merper4mer

Why is that a surprise? He was a commie. Is this your transportation?:

mSTn9T4v_400x400.png

I learned something else about FDR today. He was a racist Confederate sympathizer.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/statue-of-gen-robert-e-lee-removed-from-dallas-park/

The 14-foot-tall, 6-ton statue depicting Lee on horseback flanked by an anonymous Confederate soldier was erected in what was originally called Oak Lawn Park. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dedicated the statue in 1936 as part of the Texas Centennial celebration.

Here’s more evidence Team Hillary tried to destroy

Original Article

Something Else Happened the week of Hillary Clinton’s book launch: the release of more “lost” e-mails that further highlight her corrupt ways.

The watchdogs at Judicial Watch shared 1,600 fresh e-mails released thanks to their Freedom of Information lawsuits — missives that Clinton & Co. failed to turn over from her private servers, but which the feds recovered from other sources.

The e-mails contain new examples of the Clinton Foundation requesting and receiving State Department favors, plus more cases of classified information being sent through unsecure, non-state.gov accounts.

Here’s more evidence Team Hillary tried to destroy

Original Article

Something Else Happened the week of Hillary Clinton’s book launch: the release of more “lost” e-mails that further highlight her corrupt ways.

The watchdogs at Judicial Watch shared 1,600 fresh e-mails released thanks to their Freedom of Information lawsuits — missives that Clinton & Co. failed to turn over from her private servers, but which the feds recovered from other sources.

The e-mails contain new examples of the Clinton Foundation requesting and receiving State Department favors, plus more cases of classified information being sent through unsecure, non-state.gov accounts.

So... did you hear about the Russians hacking the election lately? That's far more important than this old news.