Clinton Political Dynasty

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“WHAT HAPPENED” IN A NUTSHELL

Hillary Clinton’s book about her 2016 defeat is called What Happened. Her answer, apparently, is that Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein, Barack Obama, the Russians, Joe Biden, James Comey, Anthony Weiner, the Electoral College, apathetic voters, and assorted misogynists behaved badly and/or let her down.

A better answer can be gleaned from this account by Maureen Callahan of a book signing event in New York City. Callahan writes:

Among the enduring criticisms of Hillary Clinton: Her sense of entitlement is limitless. She’s tone-deaf and doesn’t understand the average American — nor does she care to. Her greed is insatiable.

Add to this a gaping lack of self-awareness, and you have all the ingredients for the New York City launch of Hillary’s nationwide book tour Tuesday morning.

{snip}...........descriptions of her "requirements to attend her book-signing

In other words, observes Callahan, attendees were to serve two purposes: To make sure What Happened debuts at No. 1 on the bestseller list and to line Hillary’s pockets. But at least she wasn’t charging $89 to $3,000 per head, as she is at upcoming events.

Clinton’s announced arrival time was 11:00 a.m. She arrived just before noon. According to Callahan:

[There was] no hello to the crowd, no thanks for the hours of waiting — let alone decades of support — no apology for or acknowledgment of being an hour late, or losing the most consequential election in American history. Not a single word. She just started signing.

I have a hard time imagining Donald Trump behaving this way. No apology, yes. Not a single word, no.

The wheelchair bound seniors near the stage were forced to move or, in some cases, wheeled away by staff. “We’re going for a ride,” one staffer explained.

If Donald Trump had treated his admirers the way Clinton treats hers, he wouldn’t have won a single primary. If Trump were as people-averse as Clinton, he would have lost the general election as badly as many of us expected him to.

What happened in 2016? The electorate rejected, albeit narrowly, a candidate who professes love for “the people” but doesn’t seem to like people much and has no idea how to connect with them.

Greg, this book has all the makings of a classic.

You should absolutely develop a satirical screenplay based on it.

:lol::beer: I really should.

No way a major studio would touch this

If you're serious we should start a Kickstarter and figure out which C/D List actresses are willing to blacklist their careers for taking on the role.

This is probably the place where I'm supposed to admit I'm the one person who doesn't watch GoT and ask who the hell is Lannister.

Cersei Lannister. Head antagonist B word, evil, conniving her way to the throne and her children's way to the throne, soulless psychopath, was publicly shamed by the Church and subsequently destroyed it, wields immense power but complains she's a victim of the patriarchy, completely unsympathetic, looks down on the commoners, pretends to be a good mother but you get the sense it's just a shallow and empty image she's projecting...

Really, only difference is Cersei's daughter didn't command the !@#$ing Navy.

Cersei Lannister. Head antagonist B word, evil, conniving her way to the throne and her children's way to the throne, soulless psychopath, was publicly shamed by the Church and subsequently destroyed it, wields immense power but complains she's a victim of the patriarchy, completely unsympathetic, looks down on the commoners, pretends to be a good mother but you get the sense it's just a shallow and empty image she's projecting...

Really, only difference is Cersei's daughter didn't command the !@#$ing Navy.

She really is an entitled dumbass. I look forward to Hillary 2020. Assuming she can still walk.

She really is an entitled dumbass. I look forward to Hillary 2020. Assuming she can still walk.

How often? She ALMOST always could this time around. She'll probably be able to do it SOME in 2020 (The year we finaly see clearly? Yeah, right. Not a friggin' chance.) but not as often as in 2016.

B word is too kind

I would have moved over one more letter in the alphabet to describe them both

I was shocked to read that people who have perused Hill'ry's current book describe it as a bit less than insightful.

"According to the Washington Examiner, readers have not been impressed with the book, calling it “complete garbage,” an “overrated piece of fiction,” and “hastily slapped together.”

I'm thinkin' it must be much like her campaign.

:lol::beer: I really should.

No way a major studio would touch this

If you're serious we should start a Kickstarter and figure out which C/D List actresses are willing to blacklist their careers for taking on the role.

Solution: Pluck Cersei Lannister right out of that nerd show and have her play the lead. Take her husband too. By that I mean take the same actress, same voice, same wardrobe, same personality traits, everything and plop her right into a modern day US Presidential campaign. The nerd fans of the show, at a minimum, will be hooked.

You also have the angle of the whole spoofy thing being done like The Brady Bunch movie or Starsky and Hutch, but now partly with Game of Thrones and partly with politics. You guys already said the nerd lady is like Hillary and Hillary already thinks she is a hero so there is a good chance that you're flying under the radar with this plan. Work in crap about her being obnoxious to her supporters, above everything and her husband boinking everything and make it funny. Throw in a few bits of confusion that a medieval character would have with modern society. Maybe give the Googlebot a cameo. Do an explosion where he gets all dirty and have her tell somebody to wipe it with a cloth.

This crap should be easy.

NEW YORK — A federal judge on Wednesday revoked the $5 million bail of Martin Shkreli, the infamous former hedge fund manager convicted of defrauding investors, after prosecutors complained that his out-of-court antics posed a danger to the community.

While awaiting sentencing, Shkreli has harassed women online, prosecutors argued, and even offered his Facebook followers $5,000 to grab a strand of Hillary Clinton’s hair during her book tour. Shkreli, who faces up to 20 years in prison for securities fraud, apologized in writing, saying that he did not expect anyone to take his online comments seriously, and his attorneys pleaded with the judge Wednesday to give him another chance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/09/13/martin-shkreli-apologizes-for-facebook-post-about-hillary-clinton/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_shkreli616pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.487278c2ab8b

What is it with these guys that hate strong women? Hope he enjoys his 20 years, filth. Hillary really went up against an irrational fog of hate