Americans hate the Federal Government more than ever

In IRS/Tea Party lawsuit, Lois Lerner doesn't want her testimony made public. Fears for her life.

IRS execs: Our lives at risk in tea party case

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/12/irs-execs-lives-risk-tea-party-case/101591538/

Details about tea party bias claims against the IRS could remain secret because current and former agency officials say their lives are in danger if they publicly testify about the case.

Lois Lerner and Holly Paz both have argued in recent court filings that the threat to their lives outweighs the public's right to hear their testimony about how IRS employees in Cincinnati and Washington D.C. handled applications for tax-exempt status from tea party groups.

lois_lerner_ap_photo_0.jpg

In IRS/Tea Party lawsuit, Lois Lerner doesn't want her testimony made public. Fears for her life.

IRS execs: Our lives at risk in tea party case

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/12/irs-execs-lives-risk-tea-party-case/101591538/

Details about tea party bias claims against the IRS could remain secret because current and former agency officials say their lives are in danger if they publicly testify about the case.

Lois Lerner and Holly Paz both have argued in recent court filings that the threat to their lives outweighs the public's right to hear their testimony about how IRS employees in Cincinnati and Washington D.C. handled applications for tax-exempt status from tea party groups.

lois_lerner_ap_photo_0.jpg

Couldn't get the link to open. Is she afraid members of the groups she targeted will want to kill her, the people she did the targeting for want to kill her, or both?

Couldn't get the link to open. Is she afraid members of the groups she targeted will want to kill her, the people she did the targeting for want to kill her, or both?

Probably afraid Hillary will have her killed.

Not the "federal government, but the U.N.....................so.........

PRIORITIES: UN health agency spends more on travel than on AIDS and malaria combined.

According to the Associated Press, the WHO routinely has spent about $200 million a year on travel expenses—more than what it spends to fight AIDS and hepatitis ($70.5 million), tuberculosis ($59 million), and malaria ($61 million) combined.

At a time when the cash-strapped health agency is pleading for more money to fund its responses to health crises worldwide, it has struggled to get its travel costs under control. Senior officials have complained internally that U.N. staffers break new rules that were introduced to try to curb its expansive travel spending, booking perks like business class airplane tickets and rooms in five-star hotels with few consequences.

“We don’t trust people to do the right thing when it comes to travel,” Nick Jeffreys, WHO’s director of finance, said during a September 2015 in-house seminar on accountability — a video of which was obtained by the AP.

Despite WHO’s numerous travel regulations, Jeffreys said staffers “can sometimes manipulate a little bit their travel.” The agency couldn’t be sure people on its payroll always booked the cheapest fares or that their travel was even warranted, he said.

“People don’t always know what the right thing to do is,” Jeffreys said.

People don’t know what to do? Here’s a hint:

If you work for global nonprofit you probably shouldn’t be flying first class or spending $1,008 per night on a hotel suite that has marble bathrooms and a dining room that seats eight.

That’s what the AP says Dr. Margaret Chan, director-general of the WHO, did earlier this month while in Guinea to join the country’s president in celebrating the world’s first Ebola vaccine. Chan alone spent more than $370,000 in travel in 2014—and she wasn’t even the WHO executive with the highest travel expenses for the year.

The United Nations is a slush fund for politicians and bureaucrats too untalented or unliked to hold office in their own countries.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/265702/

J. CHRISTIAN ADAMS: Thousands of Foreigners Registered to Vote (and Voting) in Virginia.

Some inside the Beltway are in a froth about foreign influence in our elections.

Yet I’ll wager they won’t say a word about real foreign influence in elections -- even when actual evidence exists.

A new report released today documents that in Virginia alone, 5,556 voter registrations were cancelled because of citizenship defects. Many of those cancelled had gotten on the voter rolls despite saying on their voter registration form that they were an alien and not eligible to vote.

Voter history records also show that many thousands of ballots were cast by registrants removed for citizenship defects.

Only Americans should be electing American leaders, but that isn't happening.

Even worse, the report documents the extensive efforts by state and local election officials to conceal the extent of noncitizen registration and voting.

These efforts include internal emails that revealed an intent to alter public records to hide the full extent of noncitizen cancellations.

The report, titled "Alien Invasion II: The Sequel to the Discovery and Cover Up of Non-Citizen Registration and Voting in Virginia," notes that the 5,556 removed for citizenship defects in Virginia are only the tip of the iceberg. These 5,556 were only caught by accident after each told a state agency of his or her alien status after previously registering to vote. Had they never provided an inconsistent answer to citizenship status, they never would have been detected.

The report released by the Public Interest Legal Foundation, of which I am president, can be accessed here.

PILF originally asked in 2016 for election records demonstrating registrants removed from the voter rolls for citizenship defects. Under federal law, all list maintenance records are subject to public inspection. You would have thought election officials would be transparent and keen to comply with federal disclosure laws.

You would be wrong: it took three separate federal lawsuits -- against Alexandria City, Manassas City, and Chesterfield County -- filed by PILF to finally obtain the information.

Along the way, other election officials in internal email discussions obtained by PILF contemplated altering list maintenance records to conceal the extent of cancellations for citizenship status.

More at the link:

J. CHRISTIAN ADAMS: Thousands of Foreigners Registered to Vote (and Voting) in Virginia.

Some inside the Beltway are in a froth about foreign influence in our elections.

Yet I’ll wager they won’t say a word about real foreign influence in elections -- even when actual evidence exists.

A new report released today documents that in Virginia alone, 5,556 voter registrations were cancelled because of citizenship defects. Many of those cancelled had gotten on the voter rolls despite saying on their voter registration form that they were an alien and not eligible to vote.

Voter history records also show that many thousands of ballots were cast by registrants removed for citizenship defects.

Only Americans should be electing American leaders, but that isn't happening.

Even worse, the report documents the extensive efforts by state and local election officials to conceal the extent of noncitizen registration and voting.

These efforts include internal emails that revealed an intent to alter public records to hide the full extent of noncitizen cancellations.

The report, titled "Alien Invasion II: The Sequel to the Discovery and Cover Up of Non-Citizen Registration and Voting in Virginia," notes that the 5,556 removed for citizenship defects in Virginia are only the tip of the iceberg. These 5,556 were only caught by accident after each told a state agency of his or her alien status after previously registering to vote. Had they never provided an inconsistent answer to citizenship status, they never would have been detected.

The report released by the Public Interest Legal Foundation, of which I am president, can be accessed here.

PILF originally asked in 2016 for election records demonstrating registrants removed from the voter rolls for citizenship defects. Under federal law, all list maintenance records are subject to public inspection. You would have thought election officials would be transparent and keen to comply with federal disclosure laws.

You would be wrong: it took three separate federal lawsuits -- against Alexandria City, Manassas City, and Chesterfield County -- filed by PILF to finally obtain the information.

Along the way, other election officials in internal email discussions obtained by PILF contemplated altering list maintenance records to conceal the extent of cancellations for citizenship status.

More at the link:

Some of those aliens must have been Russian so expect to see CNN (when grudgingly forced to repeat this story) put a headline on it of "Proof Russians Hacked the Election".

IT’S DIFFERENT WHEN THEY DO IT: Maryland Democrats finally confess to gerrymandering a Republican out of office.

Something interesting is going on in Maryland this month because a rather famous Democrat from that state has finally said aloud and under oath something which everyone knows, but nobody is supposed to admit in public. Maryland’s chaotic looking map of congressional districts was drawn… (are you sitting down for this?) to oust a Republican from office. I’ll give you a moment to recover from the shock. You see, we all know that’s why gerrymandering takes place and we all know how it’s done, but admitting it puts you in particular trouble with the law.

Former Governor (and Democratic presidential candidate) Martin O’Malley has been drawn into a lawsuit brought in opposition to the scheme and has admitted in court that this was specifically the reason that the lines were drawn the way they were.

• 2 weeks later...

From the A.P.

VOTER FRAUD:

“Twelve employees of a Democrat-linked group focused on mobilizing black voters in Indiana are accused of submitting fake or fraudulent voter registration applications ahead of last year’s general election in order to meet quotas, according to charging documents filed Friday.”

Also:

RULES ARE FOR THE LITTLE PEOPLE: Joe Biden’s niece dodges jail after $100K credit card scam.

Edited by B-Man

• 4 weeks later...
Oregon’s full-tilt mandate for abortion-on-demand insurance coverage, public funding almost complete

Oregon’s legislature wants to cement the state’s status as the most abortion-friendly in the US — and its governor is champing at the bit to finalize it.

Last week, lawmakers passed a bill that would require insurers to pay 100% of all abortion-on-demand costs no matter how late-term they may be, and regardless of motive.

It would also require insurers to pay $10 million into a fund for public funding of abortions in what is clearly a gift to Planned Parenthood:

Oregon’s full-tilt mandate for abortion-on-demand insurance coverage, public funding almost complete

Oregon’s legislature wants to cement the state’s status as the most abortion-friendly in the US — and its governor is champing at the bit to finalize it.

Last week, lawmakers passed a bill that would require insurers to pay 100% of all abortion-on-demand costs no matter how late-term they may be, and regardless of motive.

It would also require insurers to pay $10 million into a fund for public funding of abortions in what is clearly a gift to Planned Parenthood:

Ugh

LET'S KILL MORE BABIES!

MOAR BABIES!!!!

Apparently the ABSENCE of any credible evidence means that something must have happened these days.

in part.

I've got dirt on (crooked shrill) Hillary

I love it ....

From a US source. I'd have no problem with that. Anyone who doesn't is crazy not too as its the norm.

From a Russian citizen though .... Have you ever worked anywhere where you needed a clearance?

ignorance of the law is not a defense or excuse. Any judge in the world will tell you that.

Pay that $10,000 fine and 1 to 10 years in jail.

The last time i read something on Russia, a reporter was obtaining his driver's license.

He got 98% on the written part, then realized that everyone got 98% on the written part.

Then he handed over $500 USD to someone with a clipboard and that person drove around the parking lot twice and he was issued a driving license.

The last time i read something on Russia, a reporter was obtaining his driver's license.

He got 98% on the written part, then realized that everyone got 98% on the written part.

Then he handed over $500 USD to someone with a clipboard and that person drove around the parking lot twice and he was issued a driving license.

so all the fake voters were russians??

;)

damn written tests

they always throw some bizarro question on the test

I was amazed that when I moved to NC in 97 that I had to take a written test to get my license there. I'd been driving for 20 + years

no other state that I lived in (3) made me take a written test,

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Maybe the same article said their society was one where a major goal would be able to boast "I can sleep with your wife and you cannot do anything about it."

I nodded and turned the page.

I try to avoid any interpersonal interaction with anyone affiliated with the motor vehicle department of our government.

Especially the dude that is going to make you sit there and be miserable for 4 hours because I've piled up too many points...

How unbelievably vile.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/14/jpms-jamie-dimon-blows-up-at-washington-on-earnings-call.html

Since the Great Recession, which is now 8 years old, we've been growing at 1.5 to 2 percent in spite of stupidity and political gridlock. Because the American business sector is powerful and strong, and is going to grow regardless of — people wake up in the morning, they want to feed their kids, they want to buy a home, they want to do things, the same with American businesses — what I'm saying is it would be much stronger growth had we made intelligent decisions and were there not gridlock.

And thank you for pointing it out because I'm going to be a broken record until this gets done. We are unable to build bridges, we're unable to build airports, our inner city school kids are not graduating.

I was just in France, I was recently in Argentina, I was in Israel, I was in Ireland. We met with the prime minister of India and China. It's amazing to me that every single one of those countries understands that practical policies to promote business and growth is good for the average citizens of those countries, for jobs and wages, and that somehow this great American free enterprise system, we no longer get it.

Corporate taxation is critical to that, by the way. We've been driving capital earnings overseas, which is why there's $2 trillion overseas benefiting all these other countries and stuff like that. So if we don't get our act together — we can still grow.

It's unfortunate, but it's hurting us, it's hurting the body politic, it's hurting the average American that we don't have these right policies. So no, in spite of gridlock we'll grow at maybe 1.5 or 2 percent.

I don't buy the argument that we're relegated to this forever. We're not. If this administration can make breakthroughs in taxes and infrastructure, regulatory reform —we have become one of the most bureaucratic, confusing, litigious societies on the planet.

It's almost an embarrassment being an American citizen traveling around the world and listening to the stupid s--- we have to deal with in this country. And at one point we all have to get our act together or we won't do what we're supposed to [do] for the average Americans.

And unfortunately people write about this saying like it's for corporations. It's not for corporations. Competitive taxes are important for business and business growth, which is important for jobs and wage growth. And honestly we should be ringing that alarm bell, every single one of you, every time you talk to a client.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/local/2017/07/21/how-disability-benefits-divided-this-rural-community-between-those-who-work-and-those-who-dont/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-low_disabled-10a-10%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.a1e8152a03ed

Pretty interesting about disability, begging and work

GRUNDY, Va. — Five days earlier, his mother had spent the last of her disability check on bologna, cheese, bread and Pepsi. Two days earlier, he had gone outside and looked at the train tracks that wind between the coal mines and said, “I don’t know how I’m going to get out of this.” One day earlier, the family dog had collapsed from an unnamed illness, and, without money for a veterinarian, he had watched her die on the porch. And now it was Monday morning, and Tyler McGlothlin, 19, had a plan.

“About time to go,” said his mother, Sheila McGlothlin, 57, stamping out a cigarette.

“I’m ready,” Tyler said, walking across a small, decaying house wedged against a mountain and strewn with dirty dishes, soda cans and ashtrays. They went outside, stepping past bottles of vodka his father had discarded before disappearing into another jail cell, and climbed a dirt path toward a housemate’s car.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/local/2017/07/21/how-disability-benefits-divided-this-rural-community-between-those-who-work-and-those-who-dont/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-low_disabled-10a-10%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.a1e8152a03ed

Pretty interesting about disability, begging and work

GRUNDY, Va. — Five days earlier, his mother had spent the last of her disability check on bologna, cheese, bread and Pepsi. Two days earlier, he had gone outside and looked at the train tracks that wind between the coal mines and said, “I don’t know how I’m going to get out of this.” One day earlier, the family dog had collapsed from an unnamed illness, and, without money for a veterinarian, he had watched her die on the porch. And now it was Monday morning, and Tyler McGlothlin, 19, had a plan.

“About time to go,” said his mother, Sheila McGlothlin, 57, stamping out a cigarette.

“I’m ready,” Tyler said, walking across a small, decaying house wedged against a mountain and strewn with dirty dishes, soda cans and ashtrays. They went outside, stepping past bottles of vodka his father had discarded before disappearing into another jail cell, and climbed a dirt path toward a housemate’s car.

Gee, man, sorry about your dog.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=27476?omhide=true

A retired Marine was warned by a Michigan judge that if he did not get rid of his guns that he keeps for protection, he and his wife would not be allowed to be the foster parents of their grandson.

William and Jill Johnson were asked by the state of Michigan to be foster parents of their grandson to keep him from not going into foster care with parents outside his family, and the couple happily agreed. However, one stipulation was given.

“But during the course of the necessary paperwork for the placement, a local judge stunned them with the warning that they no longer would have all of their constitutional rights,” WND reported.

Give up your gun rights or else …

The judge in the case – filed with the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan – candidly admitted that the court was denying the veteran’s rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution … if he wanted to keep his grandson.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=27476?omhide=true

A retired Marine was warned by a Michigan judge that if he did not get rid of his guns that he keeps for protection, he and his wife would not be allowed to be the foster parents of their grandson.

William and Jill Johnson were asked by the state of Michigan to be foster parents of their grandson to keep him from not going into foster care with parents outside his family, and the couple happily agreed. However, one stipulation was given.

But during the course of the necessary paperwork for the placement, a local judge stunned them with the warning that they no longer would have all of their constitutional rights, WND reported.

Give up your gun rights or else

The judge in the case filed with the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan candidly admitted that the court was denying the veterans rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution if he wanted to keep his grandson.

!@#$ the judiciary in this country. It's gotten to be out of control.

Starts with stacking the Supreme Court with judges who interpret the law, that don't make it up on the fly due to emotions or hot flashes or their private perversities.

I wouldn't call that "stacking", I'd call it nominating people qualified for the job.

Edited by Azalin

Years ago when they banned smoking in all Fed buildings, we built smoking shelters @ our respective field sites. We could have built them for a fraction of the cost. Instead, they get Engineering Division involved and the project soared to about 4k... For a shelter! We did the construction in-house so no money was spent on a contractor. It was simply over built, Cadillac of park shelters... Can withstand a hurricane. Still going strong after 20 years though, so I guess that's positive. Corps wanted all field sites to have uniform shelters. We could have went to Menards or Home Depot and spent $800.

Our A/C and boiler install ran under 1/2 a million! We were getting local bids for under $100k or ourselves, in-house for just the price of the parts & components We have a few ex-heating and cooling guys on staff. Nope. They (Agency) got a contractor out of Alabama... And all the contractor did was rag on the Fed and the strict contract stipulations that once again, had Engineering Division involved in the systems specs. All the while the contractor gleefully taking the money to the bank... Contractor wanted to cut corners left and right!

You simply can't win with the pencil pushers of the world. They will do what they want to do. And, once Engineering Division gets involved, look out! Gotta keep the desk jockeys working!

HOW GOVERNMENT wrecked the gas can. “Soap doesn’t work. Toilets don’t flush. Clothes washers don’t clean. Light bulbs don’t illuminate. Refrigerators break too soon. Paint discolors. Lawnmowers have to be hacked. It’s all caused by idiotic government regulations that are wrecking our lives one consumer product at a time, all in ways we hardly notice. It’s like the barbarian invasions that wrecked Rome, taking away the gains we’ve made in bettering our lives. It’s the bureaucrats’ way of reminding market producers and consumers who is in charge.”

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/271309/

HOW GOVERNMENT wrecked the gas can. Soap doesnt work. Toilets dont flush. Clothes washers dont clean. Light bulbs dont illuminate. Refrigerators break too soon. Paint discolors. Lawnmowers have to be hacked. Its all caused by idiotic government regulations that are wrecking our lives one consumer product at a time, all in ways we hardly notice. Its like the barbarian invasions that wrecked Rome, taking away the gains weve made in bettering our lives. Its the bureaucrats way of reminding market producers and consumers who is in charge.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/271309/

having this issue is a pain in the ass. When refueling equipment the new spouts often get in the way and funnels make situations worse.

It has, however, drawn more sales of truck bed fuel cells

• 2 weeks later...