Americans hate the Federal Government more than ever

I just ran across this article tonight. The contents aren't surprising considering how the past 16 years have unfolded. We're being spied on, lied to, and taken advantage of on a daily basis by a government that's supposed to work for us.

Americans' satisfaction level in dealing with federal agencies --everything from Treasury to Homeland Security -- has fallen for a third consecutive year, reaching an eight-year low.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-hate-the-u-s-government-more-than-ever/

Reading this reminded me of some of Carlin's best work:

I think more and more, many citizens are beginning to feel used by the government.

They in general do not care about individual citizens and only care about staying in power. They are corrupt, lie and whore out our nation's future to stay in power now.

They view most citizens as unwashed masses to be fearful of, spy on and control.

Personal freedoms are slowly but steadily eroding being replaced with increasing personal dependency upon the government.

What's to like about that?

I think more and more, many citizens are beginning to feel used by the government.

They in general do not care about individual citizens and only care about staying in power. They are corrupt, lie and whore out our nation's future to stay in power now.

They view most citizens as unwashed masses to be fearful of, spy on and control.

Personal freedoms are slowly but steadily eroding being replaced with increasing personal dependency upon the government.

I hate losing my personal freedom! Can't stand it! Can't even speak my mind on the interweb...oh wait. What freedoms have we lost??

Americans hate the U.S. government more than ever.

Which is an amazing headline to find at CBS, considering its entire journalistic operation over the last 60 years has been to condition Americans to love Big Brother, and to destroy the reputations of the wreckers and subversives who would prevent them from doing so.

:rolleyes:

Wackjob b-man

Absolutely. Like Carlin said, it's a big club and we ain't in it.

Gator is the perfect example of the model citizen the owners of this country desire as he's already demonstrated in just one post in this thread (now two). He's someone incapable of critical thinking, incapable of thinking for himself (seriously, he's never had an original insult let alone thought), he's someone who likes being told what to do, what to think, and when to think and do those things...

As Carlin puts it best:

"They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting FUKED by the system that threw them overboard 30 fukin' years ago. They don't want that. They want more Gators. OBEDIENT WORKERS, people who are just smart enough to run the machines do the paperwork, and just dumb enough to passably accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime, and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it."

Gator is the model citizen for the owners of this country. And he revels in his ignorance.

In short, here's a general plea: don't be like Gator. Be smarter than Gator. Open your eyes and realize the game is rigged. It's time for a real change in this country and that starts by not accepting the status quo.

Absolutely. Like Carlin said, it's a big club and we ain't in it.

Gator is the perfect example of the model citizen the owners of this country desire as he's already demonstrated in just one post in this thread (now two). He's someone incapable of critical thinking, incapable of thinking for himself (seriously, he's never had an original insult let alone thought), he's someone who likes being told what to do, what to think, and when to think and do those things...

As Carlin puts it best:

"They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting FUKED by the system that threw them overboard 30 fukin' years ago. They don't want that. They want more Gators. OBEDIENT WORKERS, people who are just smart enough to run the machines do the paperwork, and just dumb enough to passably accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime, and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it."

Gator is the model citizen for the owners of this country. And he revels in his ignorance.

In short, here's a general plea: don't be like Gator. Be smarter than Gator. Open your eyes and realize the game is rigged. It's time for a real change in this country and that starts by not accepting the status quo.

What is it you want? What would make you happy? Can you show us how smart you are and give us a little list?

Like you are going to tell us what freedoms we lack, or what the government has taken away or anything

You are a dunce

Ah, your'e back to reusing old insults. The shallowness of your intellect would stagger an amoeba. I'll happily talk about what changes should be made to serious people interested in serious conversations. Since you're neither serious nor serious about having an honest conversation, you can go on being the asshat Carlin talks about in the above link. Keep on reveling in your own ignorance, it's working out great for you.

Ah, your'e back to reusing old insults. The shallowness of your intellect would stagger an amoeba. I'll happily talk about what changes should be made to serious people interested in serious conversations. Since you're neither serious nor serious about having an honest conversation, you can go on being the asshat Carlin talks about in the above link. Keep on reveling in your own ignorance, it's working out great for you.

the "other posters" here might be interested, so let's hear what you got!

--see what I did there B-)

And, because I'm on a Carlin kick this morning, here's a great 10 minute segment from 2005 Real Time (bias alert) talking about Katrina. Here, Carlin goes toe to toe with one of W's policy flunkies and calls out the rise of fascism in America since the end of WWII. He's pretty prophetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9f4wSYATh0

brkl3z.jpg

:lol::lol:

Another Carlin gem on the current situation and how the Gators of the country are destroying any and all hope of change:

(edit for clarity: I'm not the atheist Carlin was, much more agnostic)

I'm not religious, I don't drive a big truck but I have an iphone, so really isn't talking much about me. I'm not a materialist and that and religion is what he is complaining about. Sounds like he is pissed he's dying, poor guy. Hardly says anything constructive though.