Bills hire first full time female assistant coach

Peter

Awesome to see women make some inroads into the NFL these past couple years.

My understanding is that QC coaches don't usually work with the players on technique. Instead they work with statistics and video to prepare for future opponents.

It's an entry level coaching position that often leads to a job as a position coach.

It'll be interesting to see how far she goes in the years ahead.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool of the Bills. And Rex. Probably makes the Pegulas happy.

I am fine with it. But, please stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just win. Rex is always trying to reinvent and change things to his way to show he is better for the reason of trying to prove he is better. Be better by winning!!

If she was Rex's assistant....Rex did a poor job. What part of the poor job was she responsible for that earned her a promotion?

First his brother, now his secretary?

Right?

We were terrible last year and Rex has more control of the circus?

Coach and win Rex! Dennis Thurman will be a great HC in the league and then you demote him? Results matter Rex!! He hasn't won in this League in 5 years. Adapt, evolve and improve or you will be left in the rear view mirror.

Bills are getting good at owning the offseason

Right! She has been with Rex 6 years now and part of no winning seasons since her first. Changing culture.

I am not saying a woman shouldn't anything. I am saying Rex and his side shows seem more important than him working, planning, teaching, doing his job and ultimately winning.

I hope it's his last season or he changes and turns things around.

Win Rex! Win against good teams! Go 10-6! Make the playoffs! Be a doer and not a talker!

Great if she's good at the job, and I couldn't care less about her gender, my only concern is that with so many ex-Jets players and coaches, why should Bills' fans expect the Bills to be any better than the Jets the last four years of Rex's reign.

Well now we have Ed Reed coaching the defensive backs.

If we can miraculously get Muhammad Wilkerson, that's one Jet player I wouldn't mind having on the roster.

We have a much better QB than Mark Sanchez, so if we can draft well again this year, I don't see why we can't have a great football team.

Also, Sammy has been taking the leadership role very serious and so is Tyrod. We finally have some leaders on offense and don't have to rely on Freddy to keep guys in check anymore. We just need Dareus to become a leader on defense and I think we'll be alright.

Rex made it to two AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez at QB let's not forget. At the end of the day, Rex is our coach for at least next year. Either u can root for him to succeed, or just stop watching. There's no middle ground.

Great if she's good at the job, and I couldn't care less about her gender, my only concern is that with so many ex-Jets players and coaches, why should Bills' fans expect the Bills to be any better than the Jets the last four years of Rex's reign.

how many former Jets players are starting on the Bills? There are 3 former jets on the squad not including AWOL Harvin who has been gone since week 5 and won't be back. All 3 are depth players at the bottom of the roster. Two were added during the season due to injuries. None of the 3 are a good bet to be on the team next year. I have no idea how we will ever be better than the Jets with "all these former Jets players"! Edited by YoloinOhio

when a man coaches a woman's team....no one blinks.

should be the same reaction when a woman coaches a men's team.

she is taking the same path to coaching that hundreds of men have taken before her. she has paid her dues.

congrats and good luck to her.

she is taking the same path to coaching that hundreds of men have taken before her. she has paid her dues.

congrats and good luck to her.

Really!? Administrative assistant to coach!? I don't think that happens very often, if ever....until now. But hey, I could be wrong, but probably not.

Really!? Administrative assistant to coach!? I don't think that happens very often, if ever....until now. But hey, I could be wrong, but probably not.

maybe you missed the part where she spent seven years as a player personnel assistant with the Jets.

it is quality control. Basically an administrative version of a coach. They help the coaches behind the scenes doing a lot of film work, reports, analytics and game prep. She was an admin to a coach prior to this. Not a leap at all. It isn't like she was a receptionist or something Edited by YoloinOhio