Whew! I'm glad to see the Seahawks lose!

Tipster19

Wait you mean you aren't rooting for Pete the Weenie, Sherman the mouth and Lynch the felon?

Me either.

nice to see some new blood in there. Broncos Carolina superbowl, I'd be happy for both teams. Ironically, those are the two teams that picked ahead of us when we drafted big 99 with the 3rd overall pick.

What's ironic about that

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolina fans seem very much the fair weather type. The restaurant that I bartend at, here in Raleigh is pretty large. There's about 20 self proclaimed "die hards" that work there. Yet, during the playoff game today, almost all of them were there at work, very non chalantly stopping up to check the score and cheer them on for a play or two. Work is the last place I'd be for a playoff game!

Carolina fans seem very much the fair weather type. The restaurant that I bartend at, here in Raleigh is pretty large. There's about 20 self proclaimed "die hards" that work there. Yet, during the playoff game today, almost all of them were there at work, very non chalantly stopping up to check the score and cheer them on for a play or two. Work is the last place I'd be for a playoff game!

just like their hockey fans. PNC is virtually empty most nights now and even when they won the cup in 2006 their arena was full of opposing teams fans.

Least loyal fan base I have seen. When they're good the stadium is standing room only. When they're not competitive, I don't think people even watch them on TV. Saw the Bills play in BOA Stadium 6 years ago, and the place was 3/4 Bills fans.

I was there for thst game and it was exactly as you put it. I do root for the panthers in the NFC since they came into the league plus I love Charlotte but they are horrible fans. I hope they win the superbowl maybe that will change things.

Least loyal fan base I have seen. When they're good the stadium is standing room only. When they're not competitive, I don't think people even watch them on TV. Saw the Bills play in BOA Stadium 6 years ago, and the place was 3/4 Bills fans.

Soooo, you've never been to Atlanta then?

Living here made me realize that the Falcons don't matter much in terms of sports.

Here is how sports rank in ATL:

1 - GA Bulldogs

2 - GA Tech Jackets

3 - Atlanta Braves

4 - Any other SEC Football team

5 - Atlanta Falcons

6 - Atlanta Hawks

Would you call in sick and screw over your employer?

He had a really nice game too. You could see the effects of his leadership.

I am sure Whaley regrets cutting Fred now.. but he didn't know the Williams' were going to be out for the year and leave a big hole in the locker room.

but a good move for the longer term... Gillislee, Karlos and Shady are a great trio, huge, youthful improvement over Fred, Bryce Brown and Boobie

its amazing, and frustrating to talk to Panther fans about it because they do not listen.

I do not mean this as harshly as it sounds to those reading it - just let it sink in. But, the Panther fans ignorance arrogance is on par with that of the average Patriots fan 6-7 years ago specifically and many still to this day. The ones that cheer on the team and are so proud of the team, yet, do not watch the game or know many of the players positions, etc. They'll know the name from local media and know the specifics of what is going on with the popular headlines but have no actual awareness of the game.

Panthers fans are arrogant and just as ignorant as Patriot fans. It's funny, because to Patriot fans their team didn't exist before 2002 and to Panther fans their team didnt' exist until 2003. The way you hear them tell it, Jake Delhomme was the weakness of the team, etc. That Steve Smith had to go, their team would never be what it is today with him on it - he held them back. There is just, simply put, a lot of cocksure fans here that think they know the team and they do not. They do not even know the game.

The odd part is that Clemson fans are usually not Panther fans. Panther fans are almost always USC, ECU, UNC or anyone but Clemson and NCSU.

I've been here 16 years and thank god I don't know the people you talk to. Never ran into fans like that.

According to many on TBD, that's the perfect fan base. Supports the team when they put a good product on the field but doesn't subsidize crap. I'm not sure I disagree with them. I don't know why it became noble and a credit to fans to take it in the butt and continue to pay when a team doesn't have a commitment to winning or can't produce.

But the team has been good for several years now (three straight division titles) so it's a moot discussion. They've had very strong support for a while.