Greg Roman Bills HC in 2017

TDRupp

Let me preface this by saying that I am not rooting for this. I want Rex and his new D coach hires to work so the Bills improve on D and go to the playoffs next year. Would love it as everyone here would.

That said I have doubts and concerns about Rex bringing in Rob Ryan (shaky track record) and Ed Reed (unproven coaching commodity) and losing Donnie Henderson. He was, IMO, one of the best coaches on the Bills. I was a fan of his coaching style, his results with McKelvin, Darby, Gilmore and Aaron Williams (conversion to Safety ) and liked his interviews (okay, least important!). So while I am generally a Bills koolaid drinking fan, I am not feeling it right now.

If Rex does not get the Bills into the Playoffs next year or significantly improve our D to be top 12, I would be okay with moving on from Rex and promoting Greg Roman to HC. I prefer stability and keeping Rex and Roman, but if Rex's D struggles we may have to move on. If Roman's star is shining bright after 2016, I would pull a Lovie Smith on Rex and go with Roman.

It sure would be an ugly offseason in 2017 if we retained Rex and a struggling D's coaching staff and let Roman walk. Hopefully that is a moot point and all goes well.

Go Bills!!

I would think that would be a strong consideration if next year plays out similarly to this year.

My biggest concern with Roman is his philosophy seems to be aligned with Rex in that he want to run the ball a lot. Philosophically I believe that is not the way you succeed in the NFL.

I would think that would be a strong consideration if next year plays out similarly to this year.

My biggest concern with Roman is his philosophy seems to be aligned with Rex in that he want to run the ball a lot. Philosophically I believe that is not the way you succeed in the NFL.

Balance is how you succeed.

Roman will be a HC but it won't be in Buffalo. We are stuck with the Ryan Bros circus. Demolishing our D is the next step of this rollercoaster ride. The one thing we had going for us and now we are going good back to square one. Very frustrating

Roman will be a HC but it won't be in Buffalo. We are stuck with the Ryan Bros circus. Demolishing our D is the next step of this rollercoaster ride. The one thing we had going for us and now we are going good back to square one. Very frustrating

Same thing could happen if Roman became head coach with his new D coordinator. Which proves that firing a coach after one year isn't smart and why they wanted Marrone to stay.

The issue with your statement is you hate roller coasters but when the rides over want to get on another one.

Edited by Triple Threat

I would give Rex the chance to prove it early in the season. If I'm TP and I think I'm going to can Rex in the offseason, I also want to position the team in the draft. If it goes south in a hurry, I'd can Rex and tank the remainder of the season. If Roman won't oversee that operation - thus earning him a new QB through the draft - I would can him after the season and get an offensive coach to develop the newly drafted QB. I'd also make sure that the DC hired by the new HC would run a 3-4 scheme so I'm not retooling defense when I should be augmenting the offense around a young qb.

Was this a treatise?

Treatise is the new F5.

The twins chances of turning this around are iffy at best in 2016.

Depending on ownerships patience maybe they get another year in 17?

sad for fans who have not only emotional but in some cases heavy financial investments ( out of town ST holders)

And riding 16 years of failure. fans accepting that the team has not been under .500 for two seasons drink way too much kool aid.

Mediocrity for 16+ years is of historical proportions in terms of just qualifying for the post season.

the team sucks as a functioning unit. Players even made remarks indicating that. look them up.

greg Roman in 17 if ties are cut may get a courtsey interview or may get canned with the rest.

one would think better candidites would be available. roman has proven nothing, zero hits this year. And the success in running the ball

And Tyrods decent year may not be all his doing.

The Pegulas seem like owners that want too

Wash the stink off the deck as much as anyone. Roman if they clean house is gone.

As we saw last year we could run and we could throw. I think if tyrod is going to take the next step. He has to show he can make clutch plays with his arm. He hasnt yet... outside of his rainbows to what is more than likely going to amount to the most dominant WR to ever dress for us

That is how you succeed when you don't have a QB that can stand in the pocket consistently and win with his arm.

And running the ball eats up clock and helps cover for the suspect defense. So, at this point, Bills fans (and the offensive coaching staff) should be all about running the football.