Lawrence Phillips Found Dead in Prison

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Couple of observations.

When he came in the league i thought WOW this guy will dominate.

KERN prison. drove by that hell hole many times headed into the desert for vacations.

My thoughts were always if I for any reason had to spend two bights there it would be all I could handle.

Location? hell on earth.

He wasted his life. Probably should have been on death row anyway for murder, so this just saves taxpayer money. In 15 years, no one will remember his name.

Yikes man. I'm a personal responsibility advocate for sure - but that's a pretty cold take. I guess when death of a human being is involved I soften up.

Yikes man. I'm a personal responsibility advocate for sure - but that's a pretty cold take. I guess when death of a human being is involved I soften up.

When it generally involves the death of a human being, I'm softer too. When it involves the death of a human being that beat up his girlfriend, assaulted others, and likely killed someone, I'm not the same. I have zero pity for life's scumbags and no additional pity if one of said scumbags happens to be an NFL player. Anyway, just thought I should clarify there. Phillips was no great contributor to society. I don't feel for him any more than I feel for those two guys trying to rob a convenience store that were shot and killed. I say to the store owner BRAVO. Well done!

Edited by Luxy312

It's all about mental health.

I did a Google. On ESPN I saw LP's last letter to his former coach. Very logical and in character with what many of us would say.

At one moment he has documented murder actions, then another moment he comes across soundly. I hope the big brains at mental health can fix this.

I was living in St Louis when the Rams picked him like 6th overall in the draft. He had domestic violence issues in college and afterwards.

May his troubled soul rest in peace.

I remember Dick Vermeil crying the day the Rams cut him, saying he had the potential to be the best RB he'd ever coached.

HIs letters to his Nebraska and HS coaches from prison were so sad. Seemed like he'd finally figured it out, but way too late. Our prison system is horrible.

I remember Dick Vermeil crying the day the Rams cut him, saying he had the potential to be the best RB he'd ever coached.

HIs letters to his Nebraska and HS coaches from prison were so sad. Seemed like he'd finally figured it out, but way too late. Our prison system is horrible.

Agree. But shall we make this bigger picture... it isn't the prisons that suck, but the mental health system?

In all events, it's philosophical discussion of whether prison is for punishment or rehabilitation. Here, I'd rather argue whether Rex should have hired his bro.

When it generally involves the death of a human being, I'm softer too. When it involves the death of a human being that beat up his girlfriend, assaulted others, and likely killed someone, I'm not the same. I have zero pity for life's scumbags and no additional pity if one of said scumbags happens to be an NFL player. Anyway, just thought I should clarify there. Phillips was no great contributor to society. I don't feel for him any more than I feel for those two guys trying to rob a convenience store that were shot and killed. I say to the store owner BRAVO. Well done!

Zero pity from me either. Dude was a sad excuse for a human being. The karma train snatched him up- enjoy hell just like you had cast on others.