Ugh - David Bowie has died

bbb

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woke up this morning with, "Under Pressure," in my head - on repeat. No complaints. It made me think of how sad it was when Freddie Mercury passed. Then my wife told me about Bowie.

A legend, indeed.

RIP

I may be misremembering, but that concert was originally scheduled to have the Tubes open for Bowie. Something came up and the show was cancelled/postponed, I had tickets. When the concert happened, i don't remember if there was an opening act, but, again my memory is very fuzzy as to whether i was actually there or not, I seem to recall leaving the show thinking that that may have been the one event, concert, movie etc that I could have walked out of from complete dissatisfaction. I seem to recall him just up on stage in his silver suit crooning and swaying and not much else.. That said, I always loved Bowie and his music. Very sad day in the music world today.

maybe my recollection is pretty good...this one site doesn't give the show/venue a lot of praise

http://www.davidbowieworld.nl/mijn-bootlegs-2-2/tour-recordings/1983-the-serious-moonlight-tour/attachment/david-bowie-1983-09-05/

One of the last shows I saw in Buffalo before moving away was Bowie on the Serious Moonlight tour, just epic.

Edited by The Poojer

I may be misremembering, but that concert was originally scheduled to have the Tubes open for Bowie. Something came up and the show was cancelled/postponed, I had tickets. When the concert happened, i don't remember if there was an opening act, but, again my memory is very fuzzy as to whether i was actually there or not, I seem to recall leaving the show thinking that that may have been the one event, concert, movie etc that I could have walked out of from complete dissatisfaction. I seem to recall him just up on stage in his silver suit crooning and swaying and not much else.. That said, I always loved Bowie and his music. Very sad day in the music world today.

maybe my recollection is pretty good...this one site doesn't give the show/venue a lot of praise

http://www.davidbowieworld.nl/mijn-bootlegs-2-2/tour-recordings/1983-the-serious-moonlight-tour/attachment/david-bowie-1983-09-05/

Don't remember a cancellation or the Tubes, don't think anyone opened (or if they did, I missed it). I do remember the Aud was a sauna that night, but you couldn't tell by looking at him. That setlist is ridiculous, great tour. Maybe Buffalo was one of the lesser shows, I don't know, but I loved it.