Simms and Nantz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow, my brain has been trained to ignore these guys most of the time. To me they are like baseball on in the background, I hear it, but I don't listen.

And that's pretty much EVERY crew. Who's are the good ones?

if only a bus could collide with these two and gruden and that that one guy on espn2 who has the funny hair and the loud mouth who talks loud and does the beef jerky commercials.

if all them would go off a cliff o'doyle style, i'd be happy.

My god these guys are so bad.

If Simms followed his own advice the QB would either throw it away or take a sack on every pass attempt.

Nantz tries to make every three yard gain seem as important as a birdie putt on the 72nd hole of the Masters.

I hate Simms. For Nantz, I personally give him a pass on everything for his annual Master's performances. Seriously, I am not just saying that. I have heard him do okay, average or other performances and I think about it and say "its fine based on Nantz's awesome Master's showings". He could never disappoint me!!

Once again, Simms blows!!

Somehow, my brain has been trained to ignore these guys most of the time. To me they are like baseball on in the background, I hear it, but I don't listen.

And that's pretty much EVERY crew. Who's are the good ones?

I like Collingsworth. I can deal with Gruden in short doses, but, mostly because Gruden teaches me things I don't know or understand.

Nantz has lost a step. I don't know if it's us getting stuck with Dedes and Wilcots all season and just not watching Nantz or what, but dear lord, he sounds like he's a senior citizen that can barely keep track of the game anymore.

Put Nantz out to pasture on The Masters, pair Ian Eagle with the #1 color guy, and just get rid of Simms. Peyton's probably looking for a job after this season...

Seems like all these announcers start out good, then go downhill over time. Makes me wonder are the announcers really going downhill or is simply the fact that viewers get tired of listening to them.

They have to talk a lot.

25 games a year, at 3 hour clips is hard to keep original, insightful, and interesting to the wide range in the audience.

I like Collingsworth. I can deal with Gruden in short doses, but, mostly because Gruden teaches me things I don't know or understand.

I like Collinsworth and Al Michaels a lot. They are the best crew by far. Gruden and Tirico are a distant second, but at least they don't make me want to drink bleach.

Edited by Uffalo Ills

I love Gruden. I respect Collinsworth. Aikman and Johnston are good color guys.

Count me in the minority that can't stand Al Michaels.

Tirico and Nantz just bug the hell out of me now.

I'm not sure I like any play-by-play guys - Maybe Kenny Albert with Johnston.

I don't mind Nantz, but Sims needs to be put out to pasture. He's "Captain Obvious" with his color commentary. Even Spiro and Soloman would have called a better game.

People here hate Wilcox! I like his color commentary. Collinsworth and Esiason are very good at what they do. Wow three ex-Bengals.

I like Collinsworth and Al Michaels a lot. They are the best crew by far. Grudges and Tirico are a distant second, but at least they don't make me want to drink bleach.

Absolute loathe Collinsworth and Al Michaels. Collinsworth whiney and Michaels slurs.. Horrible.

I like Collinsworth and Al Michaels a lot. They are the best crew by far. Gruden and Tirico are a distant second, but at least they don't make me want to drink bleach.

The NBC crew are definitely the best. Chris Collinsworth is the best in the business and maybe the best since Madden. Gruden makes some good points but with a smarm that makes me want to smash his face in over and over again.