Simms and Nantz

At one point this weekend there was some tech difficulties during (i think) the Texans game. FOr like 4-5 plays there were NO anouncers but they still had the on-field audio. It was AWESOME!!!!!!

I wish we had the option to turn those bozos off,.

A long time ago there was an experiment of not using announcers for a game and just using cameras and the stadium sound system system. It was dreadful.

I wish we had the option to turn those bozos off,.
You do have that option. Just turn off the sound when watching the game. Simple problem with a simple solution.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this Twitter account.

Phil Simms Quotes (@philsimmsquotes): https://twitter.com/philsimmsquotes?s=09

I know it's not cool, but I think Simms is the best. He does not get too hyped up, doesn't hero-worship and doesn't tell us that something happened when clearly it didn't. I see a lot of complaints about Simms but no specifics--just, "he sucks" or "I hate him". Not very convincing. What specifically do you not like?

Nantz, I agree, is awful.

Look at that Twitter account for your answer.

Didn't NBC (maybe?) do that as an experiment about 20 years ago for an entire game? It was refreshing.

I could be wrong but I think it was a MNF game and obviously it wasn't well received since they haven't done it since. I watched and didn't care for it.

My earliest recollection of announcer bashing goes back to Cosell/Meredith/Gifford. As a kid I used to look forward to Cosells overly dramatic MNF intros. Meredith was the clownish ex player and Gifford played it straight. My father couldn't stomach Cosell or Meredith but for me it worked.

Present day I like Tirico. The color guys are all guaranteed to get on my nerves at some point so i take what they say with a grain of salt and pick out the pieces that make sense to me.

And of course you can always go to a bar where you can't hear the announcers but can get aggravated by the know-nothing on the bar stool next to you.

Edited by SinceThe70s

I could be wrong but I think it was a MNF game and obviously it wasn't well received since they haven't done it since. I watched and didn't care for it.

My earliest recollection of announcer bashing goes back to Cosell/Meredith/Gifford. As a kid I used to look forward to Cosells overly dramatic MNF intros. Meredith was the clownish ex player and Gifford played it straight. My father couldn't stomach Cosell or Meredith but for me it worked.

Present day I like Tirico. The color guys are all guaranteed to get on my nerves at some point so i take what they say with a grain of salt and pick out the pieces that make sense to me.

And of course you can always go to a bar where you can't hear the announcers but can get aggravated by the know-nothing on the bar stool next to you.

I remember it as an afternoon game (maybe even Saturday?) with the NY Jets involved.

Edited by HoF Watkins