Whaley signs multi-year extension with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or this report is BS.

Unless they have taken cues from the Blue Jays in Toronto and are going to give Whaley a revolving open ended contract like their manager has where if he isn't fired before January he had an additional year added to his deal (so he is never in the final year of his deal)

I like that contract idea. Though, I'd make the decision date the end of Jan for obvious reasons.

They could put in automatic pay adjustments like:

• finishing worse than 10-6, same pay next year
  • finishing better than 10-6, you get 3% raise
  • each playoff win in a season, you get 3% bonus (and a first round bye = win)

What a stupid move. I'm sure teams were lining up to snag Doug Whaley if he left here..ugh..

Also, let's not forget all the geniuses here proclaiming "Russ is NOT involved in football operations".

This team is going nowhere with that disease in the building.

Edited by QB Bills

If they keep the same MO as last year. Everybody but the Pegulas are staying at a hotel two blocks from where I live. Should I go down there and give them a collective piece of our mind? And tell them how to fix everything?

Edited by chris heff

Don't you find it the least bit strange that you get into threads/arguments a few times a week where no one is on your side except for one meth-head, and dozens of posters consistently contradict your ever-changing point?

Not really. Then again, I don't discount my argument because it's unpopular, or because the peanut gallery and their never ending guerrilla campaign don't like it.

But what else is new? Few were on my "side" when I said Spiller was garbage and would never come close to replicating his 2012 season. Few were on my "side" when I said Rex was a crap HC when he was hired on the Bills (even though many held that opinion when he was on the sinking ship in NY). Few were on my side when I said that Ryan Fitzpatrick failed in Buffalo mostly because he had a horrific defense and terrible WR's.

So I don't really care. In my opinion, disagreeing with the group-think on this board only lends credence to my arguments. Time will tell if DW finishes up his "long-term deal." I'll bet not. And when the new GM comes in and has a couple moves suck, and I say he's not that good, and you dig in to disagree with anyone who slights your boy, you'll have forgotten about this debate. I guess that's the common thread, huh? Short-term memories.

i still say russ brandon is the source. who else has the inside info and balls to leak stuff.

the going "rogue" leak smacks of russ being upset over screwing M&T out of their big AD campaign with fred......without advanced notice.

maybe T Pegs told russ that rex and whaley have a year to get it right, but never told doug & rex......allowing T Pegs to call BS on Vic's story of him personally giving them an ultimatum. again, russ getting a message out to sponsors & season ticket holders that we are not going to put up with losing for long (selling hope).

russ brandon is pretty much the only source left at OBD with a history that dates back to Vic's earlier days at the BN.

Scott Berchtold is arguably the most powerful man in sports media in WNY. That CANNOT be overlooked. The message that the media receives from the Bills comes directly from Berchtold and his staff.

If they keep the same MO as last year. Everybody but the Pegulas are staying at a hotel two blocks from where I live. Should I go down there and give them a collective piece of our mind? And tell them how to fix everything?

yes you are now on the clock to report all the goings on in Boca. FA sightings, etc.

What a stupid move. I'm sure teams were lining up to snag Doug Whaley if he left here..ugh..

Also, let's not forget all the geniuses here proclaiming "Russ is NOT involved in football operations".

Whaley is a good solid GM. Extending him was a smart move.

Not really. Then again, I don't discount my argument because it's unpopular, or because the peanut gallery and their never ending guerrilla campaign don't like it.

But what else is new? Few were on my "side" when I said Spiller was garbage and would never come close to replicating his 2012 season. Few were on my "side" when I said Rex was a crap HC when he was hired on the Bills Its been one year (even though many held that opinion when he was on the sinking ship in NY). Few were on my side when I said that Ryan Fitzpatrick failed in Buffalo mostly because he had a horrific defense and terrible WR's. Fitz just had another melt down that kept him out of the playoffs.....oh yeah it was against US

So I don't really care. In my opinion, disagreeing with the group-think on this board only lends credence to my arguments. Time will tell if DW finishes up his "long-term deal." I'll bet not. And when the new GM comes in and has a couple moves suck, and I say he's not that good, and you dig in to disagree with anyone who slights your boy, you'll have forgotten about this debate. I guess that's the common thread, huh? Short-term memories. I personally like that you dont care what people think....I dont care what people think of my opinions either. It doesnt make you consistantly right.

Just want to point something out here

When you always fall on the negative side.....your gonna be right about a lot of stuff because it all doesnt work out perfectly.

Carry on

I don't always fall on the negative side. I usually just fall on the correct side, which happens to coincide with a negative.

But what else is new? Few were on my "side" when I said Spiller was garbage and would never come close to replicating his 2012 season. Few were on my "side" when I said Rex was a crap HC when he was hired on the Bills (even though many held that opinion when he was on the sinking ship in NY). Few were on my side when I said that Ryan Fitzpatrick failed in Buffalo mostly because he had a horrific defense and terrible WR's.

I disagree with you on Whaley as you know. As for the three opinions above...I agree on all 3 and did at the time too depending on what your definition of "fail" is on Fitz. He was never going to be good enough to win us a Championship but with a better D and better talent around him he could have had winning seasons and maybe snuck us into the post-season.

EDIT: and your definition of "garbage" on Spiller. I always maintained he was limited though.

Edited by GunnerBill

But what else is new? Few were on my "side" when I said Spiller was garbage and would never come close to replicating his 2012 season. Few were on my "side" when I said Rex was a crap HC when he was hired on the Bills Its been one year (even though many held that opinion when he was on the sinking ship in NY). Few were on my side when I said that Ryan Fitzpatrick failed in Buffalo mostly because he had a horrific defense and terrible WR's. Fitz just had another melt down that kept him out of the playoffs.....oh yeah it was against US

So I don't really care. In my opinion, disagreeing with the group-think on this board only lends credence to my arguments. Time will tell if DW finishes up his "long-term deal." I'll bet not. And when the new GM comes in and has a couple moves suck, and I say he's not that good, and you dig in to disagree with anyone who slights your boy, you'll have forgotten about this debate. I guess that's the common thread, huh? Short-term memories. I personally like that you dont care what people think....I dont care what people think of my opinions either. It doesnt make you consistantly right.

-It's been 5 years since Rex Ryan has posted a winning record.

-Fitz went 10-6 and will get another decent deal. He also had a career year. How does him losing one game invalidate what I said?

-It doesn't make me right, it correlates.

Edited by FireChan

I'm one of those 'RB is not in football ops people' (he may be a situational advisor to TP.. but that isn't allot of quan).

Since the Bills org. structure clearly has RB acting as an non-football Executive (President), I'd say the onus is on the RB conspiracists to prove (instead of rant) RB has his hand in football ops.

I don't always fall on the negative side. I usually just fall on the correct side, which happens to coincide with a negative.

You made my day with this one. We need to get you and Boyst into the same room. I don't know if your egos can be contained! :lol: