Whaley signs multi-year extension with Bills

YoloinOhio

Don't you find it the least bit strange that you get into threads/arguments a few times a week where no one is on your side except for one meth-head, and dozens of posters consistently contradict your ever-changing point?

If you are talking about having accurate takes on the Bills though, FireChan would be near the top of the list for being most accurate, and you would be near the bottom. Look it up, it is what it is.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with you on Whaley as you know. As for the three opinions above...I agree on all 3 and did at the time too depending on what your definition of "fail" is on Fitz. He was never going to be good enough to win us a Championship but with a better D and better talent around him he could have had winning seasons and maybe snuck us into the post-season.

EDIT: and your definition of "garbage" on Spiller. I always maintained he was limited though.

And that's fine.

Spiller as "garbage" may be a little harsh. He's a super-limited gadget player with bad vision, constantly poor decision-making, and few strengths. In fact, I postulated that CJ Spiller would be one of the worst RB's in the league once he loses some speed as he approaches 30. That's certainly bad, if not garbage.

You made my day with this one. We need to get you and Boyst into the same room. I don't know if your egos can be contained! :lol:

Boyst would win. I may have an ego, but Boyst thinks he could open field tackle Marshawn. Bananas.

-It's been 5 years since Rex Ryan has posted a winning record.

-Fitz went 10-6 and will get another decent deal. He also had a career year. How does him losing one game invalidate what I said?

-It doesn't make me right, it correlates.

Look....I honestly dont know if you are right about Rex Ryan HOWEVER......this is not done in a vacuum. Rex Ryan had success....then dismal years with the jets.....but some of those dismal years also correlate with a GM who was not "walking hand in hand" with him and not getting him what he needed....that is all documented. The bills have just put Whaley and Rex in step togehter so I feel we have to see what next year brings.

Fitz went 10-6.....lost to us twice......and did what he did with us which is throw turnovers at the worst possible times.....when the game is at its most heated...Fitz wiltz and that has ALWAYS been his MO.....he had a great defense....nice targets...a running game....all working for him this year and he STILL made the fatal mistake that kept them out.

Gotta look a little deeper. You are NOT necessarily correct on these two points.

I'm one of those 'RB is not in football ops people' (he may be a situational advisor to TP.. but that isn't allot of quan).

Since the Bills org. structure clearly has RB acting as an non-football Executive (President), I'd say the onus is on the RB conspiracists to prove (instead of rant) RB has his hand in football ops.

to the "Bills Truthers" this is proof...just like how Obama is a muslim born in Africa and the moon landing was faked on a stage in Los Angeles.

Boyst would win. I may have an ego, but Boyst thinks he could open field tackle Marshawn. Bananas.

In all seriousness...what would you have the team do here? Whaley as a lame duck? Whaley let go right now? What would your preference be?

Dudes... OP link is to a unconfirmed report.

This is still rumor and people are discussing it as fact.

This thread is like the "jelly of the month club" the "gift that keeps on giving" (Christmas Vacation).

https://twitter.com/KimPegula?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This thread is like the "jelly of the month club" the "gift that keeps on giving" (Christmas Vacation).

It is not - it has been confirmed this evening.

In all seriousness...what would you have the team do here? Whaley as a lame duck? Whaley let go right now? What would your preference be?

https://twitter.com/KimPegula?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

My thoughts exactly

THe last thing I want is a GM who thinks he is on his way out making decisions......do you remember what happened in that draft when that happened?

Eric Flowers happened

Edited by John from Hemet

Well, if you want to call a tweet by the team's co-owner with a pic of him signing the contract as an unconfirmed report, then sure, it's unconfirmed.

Look....I honestly dont know if you are right about Rex Ryan HOWEVER......this is not done in a vacuum. Rex Ryan had success....then dismal years with the jets.....but some of those dismal years also correlate with a GM who was not "walking hand in hand" with him and not getting him what he needed....that is all documented. The bills have just put Whaley and Rex in step togehter so I feel we have to see what next year brings.

Fitz went 10-6.....lost to us twice......and did what he did with us which is throw turnovers at the worst possible times.....when the game is at its most heated...Fitz wiltz and that has ALWAYS been his MO.....he had a great defense....nice targets...a running game....all working for him this year and he STILL made the fatal mistake that kept them out.

Gotta look a little deeper. You are NOT necessarily correct on these two points.

-Really? How many DE's, S's and CB's did RR's GM in NY draft for him? Do you really think Rex had nothing to do with the Milliner bust or the Richardson pick? We can agree to disagree here, mostly because I don't want to hijack another thread on this, or appear as though I'm crusading. I will close with the GM/HC disagreements in NY is far overblown IMO, and didn't even become a narrative until they went 4-12 last year.

-Okay. He didn't throw a TO at the worst possible time when he beat the Pats in OT with an almost flawless drive. He's not great, but he had some success with a strong D and good WR's. Which was my original argument. Also, the rest of his team played like crap in week 17 against us. Again, agree to disagree, but most of the peanut gallery were saying he would never win more than 6 games ever. They were definitely wrong, which was my original point.

I'm pretty close to correct IMO.

Edited by FireChan

Whaley is the best at being mediocre. So what.

I read this board with interest most days and comment occasionally. It's comments like this, with apparently no football acumen whatsoever, that piss me off. Bravo to the Pegulas for making the correct move and locking down a pretty damn good GM.

Kim Pegula tweeted the extension was done with a pic of Terry, Whaley and Russ on the yacht ...

And that's fine.

Spiller as "garbage" may be a little harsh. He's a super-limited gadget player with bad vision, constantly poor decision-making, and few strengths. In fact, I postulated that CJ Spiller would be one of the worst RB's in the league once he loses some speed as he approaches 30. That's certainly bad, if not garbage.

I probably could. Maybe not the easiest thing to do, but I could. And I damn sure would give it all I got. I've taken down a 800 lbs. steer before, and several other 500# +'ers.

You made my day with this one. We need to get you and Boyst into the same room. I don't know if your egos can be contained! :lol:

Confidence in myself may be part of an ego, but I know my capabilities. My mom was right, I am capable of anything. I'm also handsome.

-Really? How many DE's, S's and CB's did RR's GM in NY draft for him? Do you really think Rex had nothing to do with the Milliner bust or the Richardson pick? We can agree to disagree here, mostly because I don't want to hijack another thread on this, or appear as though I'm crusading. I will close with the GM/HC disagreements in NY is far overblown IMO, and didn't even become a narrative until they went 4-12 last year.

-Okay. He didn't throw a TO at the worst possible time when he beat the Pats in OT with an almost flawless drive. He's not great, but he had some success with a strong D and good WR's. Which was my original argument. Also, the rest of his team played like crap in week 17 against us. Again, agree to disagree, but most of the peanut gallery were saying he would never win more than 6 games ever. They were definitely wrong, which was my original point.

I'm pretty close to correct IMO.

I was part of that "peanut gallery" and stated Fitz would never lead a team to the playoffs. Fitz has yet to prove me wrong and, in the make or break quarter, was picked thrice. I would venture to say that development was not surprising to any Bills' fan.

Well, if you want to call a tweet by the team's co-owner with a pic of him signing the contract as an unconfirmed report, then sure, it's unconfirmed.

Well yeah, I'll take the heat for that.

But the first 10 pages of this thread was before that.

I'm not into this world running by twitter... :(

Either let go or promote someone over him and RR. I loathe the organizational set-up right now. Both Rex and Whaley independently reporting to Pegs is not ideal.

It's a tough situation because I wouldn't have put myself into it to begin with, so it's hard to say how to move forward. Either you force Rex onto a GM/czar type (again, not ideal) or you have this disjointed mess. I don't believe that Whaley is happy with how the defense he has basically built (along with Buddy) has been rendered ineffective. I believe in the reports that there is organizational friction on Mario and some other defensive players.

However, I believe Whaley wanted Rex here and played a fundamental role in his hiring. That's a contentious point to many, but operating under that assumption, I fire Whaley for such an egregious error, and I try to hire someone happy with Rex.