What will get you excited for next season?

Virgil

Well, we know who our GM, HC, and QB is. The hype of the Rex Show has worn off. This season was a disappointment. Now, on to the next season! What would you need to see to feel optimistic and hyped for the season opener?

1. Hire a legit defensive coordinator and let him do the job. I'm not saying Pettine, but that would be fantastic. Either way, someone that Rex can work with, but let him do his job on gameday. Let Rex be the HC. If Pettine is an option, then throw the money his way and make it happen. I would immediately be excited about our defense if this happened.
  2. Offer Mario a re-structure. If he walks, at least say we tried. Mario has been a productive part of this team and the defensive turnaround started when he signed. He had a bad year during a time when many weren't buying in and everyone on the Defense took a step back. To single him out makes no sense to me. Yes, he was vocal but I'm okay with that. He's a force in the right system and we need to admit this year sucked. Get past it and try to make it work. Again, if he's not in, then let him go.
  3. Re-sign Incognito and Glenn.
  4. Additions, either through the Draft or FA - 2nd WR, ILB, RT. If we can solidify those positions, while finding some depth at G, S, and whatever spots Rex needs for the D.
  5. Rex staying humble this offseason. I feel like NYC was a circus. When he lost there, it was easy to blow off the criticism. I honestly feel like Rex got taken down a peg here these past few weeks. This city embraced him in ways I think surprised him. Yes, we are crazy and irrational as well, but we are also one huge family. Losing here and seeing the reaction from the city had a different affect on him. Way moreso than I ever saw in NYC. I'm really hope this put him in his place and he can focus more on his job than the hype machine.

That's pretty much it

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I'm excited about is our offense getting more consistent and better. Remember last year our defense pretty much won us 5 games by themselves. This year our offense helped out a lot more. Hopefully our defense improves and plays at a higher, more consistent level and we improve our special teams. I think we are definitely on the upswing

It's gonna be tough for me to get revved up about 2016 as it stands with the status quo in the FO and HC.

For some reason, I see the team making many changes to the defensive front seven to appease Rex Ryan only to see the team doing the same things that screwed them this year. I'm talking about the mistakes in players out of position and not set when the play starts, late defensive calls coming in along with lots of penalties when things don't go right. The Bills were particularly bad on defense this year with a supposed defensive genius running things.

Then it's also tough to get excited about the draft when you know the team will be drafting mostly defensive players to fit Ryan's 3-4.

This FO, scouting dept, GM failed to find top pass rushers in the draft so they paid 100 million to a DE they will now cut. They failed to find an elite RB in the draft so they paid 40 mill to an older RB. They failed to find an elite TE in the draft so they overpaid for a TE in free agency. The team needed to spend three draft picks, and two first rounders for an elite WR when they really didn't need to. Then the TE they had targeted with that first pick turned out to be below average. What I find most ironical about the whole situation is that after drafting that WR they went on to say they still needed that "big" WR red zone target.

I did happen to enjoy the Bills successfully running the ball more than they threw it this year and it was great watching Tyrod Taylor develop in Greg Roman's run first offense. Now I gotta wonder if the team will sign Cordy Glenn, Richie Incognito or let them walk because they want to get the money they are worth that the Bills refuse to pay.

I honestly hope Rex Ryan morphs into Tom Coughlin clone and runs a tightly disciplined team this year and builds his top defense.

Pettine is the key. I dont think he gets hired anywhere else as HC, and he's a better DC than Thurman. Pay the dude and bring him in.

Mario needs to get cut altogether. We need more guys like Tyrod, Sammy and Kyle and less guys like Mario.

Dont give up on Leodis he's still got skills, he was just rusty. At least give him the offseason and training camp to earn the 4th cb job.

At this point, with no significant changes to the FO or coaching staff, nothing really. I see more of the same. So we cut a few defensive players that didn't fit Rex's system and replace them with new ones? The new guys still have to learn a new, complex, rexy D. So then next year we get to hear about how it's gonna take time for all these new players to gel.

Unless the offense matures and puts up 30+ points per game, we end up losing games because the defense can't stop anyone. Also let's not forget about the special teams, either. Not to mention, does anyone really think Rex is suddenly going to coach a disciplined team and pay attention to the details in game prepation and management? I certainly don't.

The margin between winning and losing in the NFL is smaller than its ever been.... And Rex is still coaching like it's 2000. Unfortunately, I see more mediocrity from our team, no Sunday ticket for me, and football becoming less and less something worth keeping up with. 16 years and counting is becoming enough to break this fan's give a damn.

At this point, with no significant changes to the FO or coaching staff, nothing really. I see more of the same. So we cut a few defensive players that didn't fit Rex's system and replace them with new ones? The new guys still have to learn a new, complex, rexy D. So then next year we get to hear about how it's gonna take time for all these new players to gel.

Unless the offense matures and puts up 30+ points per game, we end up losing games because the defense can't stop anyone. Also let's not forget about the special teams, either. Not to mention, does anyone really think Rex is suddenly going to coach a disciplined team and pay attention to the details in game prepation and management? I certainly don't.

The margin between winning and losing in the NFL is smaller than its ever been.... And Rex is still coaching like it's 2000. Unfortunately, I see more mediocrity from our team, no Sunday ticket for me, and football becoming less and less something worth keeping up with. 16 years and counting is becoming enough to break this fan's give a damn.

that about sums it up. With a tougher schedule even an improved team will be lucky to get to 8-8. I find the Rex effect hard to stomach. This was the year to step forward so we could be a consistent playoff team with a tougher schedule. I see a step back next year, unless we make some really big moves in free agency and have a solid draft.

The wait is too long. i hate watching the playoffs without my Bills and the off-season is so long. I'll be there with our Bills crew rooting every Sunday but it ain't going to be easy on the stomach.

For me, a return to a Schwartz type defense that produces results like it did last year. That is all. I don't see it happening because Ryan is coach. If he didn't see the problem with this team by the middle of this season, he never will. It's up to him to adjust, not the players.

BTW, I think it's hilarious fans and other sports pundits think Mario Williams is the problem with the defense and should be released. If people think he sabotaged the pass rush, then Darius and Hughes need to be cut as well because neither produced any pressure on QB's whatsoever.

Edited by MyDogLuvsPB