Robert Woods

Bado usually does make good points......I fought it a lot in the beginning because he gets very extreme with his view points

but I think he presents them very well......we but heads a lot but I respect Bado I really do

I agree he does make a lot of good points. But it is a really a tiny sample. I could be convinced with some data but it would have to be pretty compelling. I don't think he presented any data as of yet.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it is a tiny sample. Football because of its nature doesn't have as many games as other sports, and you've taken 80% of it away. You make good points, but I am very hesitant to get on board with any analysis on 3 games. It simply could be lucky.

The offense did look better with both. Should be no surprise. Whether there would be some regression as the year went or the two guys were dynamic enough to continue a step ahead of defenses is a question mark. I would've loved to see Sammy targeted more when harvin was in there and assume it would've happened

The team thought high of the idea obviously with the money given to Percy

I agree he does make a lot of good points. But it is a really a tiny sample. I could be convinced with some data but it would have to be pretty compelling. I don't think he presented any data as of yet.

Is there a commission for this sale?

They scored 100 points in those 3 games.........the next highest 3 game in the remaining 13 games was just 84.

To further illustrate how significant that stretch was......in the other 13 games they only had one FOUR game stretch where they scored 100.

There is no question that was the best offensive football they played last year.

The best statistical stretch they had running the football were the 10 quarters after McCoy was lost for the season.......but I digress. :beer:

Is there a commission for this sale?

They scored 100 points in those 3 games.........the next highest 3 game in the remaining 13 games was just 84.

To further illustrate how significant that stretch was......in the other 13 games they only had one FOUR game stretch where they scored 100.

There is no question that was the best offensive football they played last year.

The best statistical stretch they had running the football were the 10 quarters after McCoy was lost for the season.......but I digress. :beer:

I still don't see a sample size of 3 having that statistical power you need/want it to. You had good points and it was an interesting take. However, I still hesitate to assign too much significance to three games.

I still don't see a sample size of 3 having that statistical power you need/want it to. You had good points and it was an interesting take. However, I still hesitate to assign too much significance to three games.

Yeah I covered that by even giving you the FOUR game splits.

There were 13 combinations of FOUR game stretches after that...........of which, in only one did they then even score 100 points.

But enough about that.......it's not even debatable that the first 3 games were the best offensive football they played in 2015.

Yeah I covered that by even giving you the FOUR game splits.

There were 13 combinations of FOUR game stretches after that...........of which, in only one did they then even score 100 points.

But enough about that.......it's not even debatable that the first 3 games were the best offensive football they played in 2015.

Youre right those first 3 games are the best offensive performance of 2015. But you do NOT have enough data to say that was representable of offensive performance with Harvin (I think this was the original point). Whether you have enough data is not debatable either. You raise a good point, but I would hesitate about making such sweeping conclusions without more data.

Youre right those first 3 games are the best offensive performance of 2015. But you do NOT have enough data to say that was representable of offensive performance with Harvin (I think this was the original point). Whether you have enough data is not debatable either. You raise a good point, but I would hesitate about making such sweeping conclusions without more data.

The GM/coaches clearly saw a value dedicating that cash to Percy.

With the multiple looks he allows (similar to clay) I have to think that having that trio healthy would have stayed dynamic and given Roman a lot to play with.

The GM/coaches clearly saw a value dedicating that cash to Percy.

With the multiple looks he allows (similar to clay) I have to think that having that trio healthy would have stayed dynamic and given Roman a lot to play with.

Understood and agreed. But I do have problems with wide sweeping assessments based on a 3 game data set. Its not enough data and I don't think its necessarily representative. Having Percy in was great and I agree with other posters that we could use another WR. However, I am not convinced (with out more data) that the offense would have scored more with Percy than McCoy.

I don't think he has incredible hands. He drops kind of a lot, to my eyes. He's "okay" he does everything decently, but does not excel in any one area. He's also not particularly big or fast, but he's not clutch to make up for that.

I would say the other needs are relatively equal to WR2. O-Line we need a RT. LB and Safety, definitely those are big needs too. But WR2 is right there with them. IMO.

He played with a groin issue all last season...I don't know if anyone has had a pulled groin before but I have and it's among the most painful things you can have...can barely walk, sitting down and getting up are excruciating, and wouldn't even consider running...the fact he played win this all year shows some serious cojones, and explains some of his ineffectiveness...he said he felt like he was dragging one leg behind him when he ran...

He played with a groin issue all last season...I don't know if anyone has had a pulled groin before but I have and it's among the most painful things you can have...can barely walk, sitting down and getting up are excruciating, and wouldn't even consider running...the fact he played win this all year shows some serious cojones, and explains some of his ineffectiveness...he said he felt like he was dragging one leg behind him when he ran...

Where I felt I saw this the most was his lack of balance......a lot of people forget this but the big thing about Robert when we drafted him was he was this precise route runner out of USC

I would think that a groin injury would HAVE to hamper this

Where I felt I saw this the most was his lack of balance......a lot of people forget this but the big thing about Robert when we drafted him was he was this precise route runner out of USC

I would think that a groin injury would HAVE to hamper this

recall his "slips" the one in the End zone. I was screaming at the TV.

When i learned of this injury during post season i had to forgive him and myself for all the bad words i had used towards him last season . i had some for Hogan too actually. But he is now a patriot so he can still go take a flying leap

Woods is great. Doesn't have the speed as a number one, but is clutch throughout his high school/college/pro career. He had issues in 2015, but those could be results of a new scheme

Also you have a QB who is not making progressions through his reads and is either willing to dump to his first target (Sammy) or wait for eternity till everyone gets open....Both Woods and Clay suffered from the QB's inability to find the middle of the field. I hope being the starter for the entire off season allows Taylor to work with Woods and get on the same page. He still blocks very well downfield.

And everyone has to remember that the guy was playing with a torn groin (or something like that)....

I play in a kinda serious flag football league (don't laugh, I live in Fl, a few D1 college players play in our league. Along with a couple of NFL washout's) I pulled my groin getting juked by a high school kid. I played the rest of the season, but I couldn't ever reach full speed, and couldn't cut on my left leg. As long as I played, it didn't get better.

For why it's worth, after the season ended it heald up fast. So fast I kind of forgot about it.

Woods is going to have a breakout year IMO. I'm sure he feels he has a lot to prove. He plays with passion and now he has a chip on his shoulder.

I play in a kinda serious flag football league (don't laugh, I live in Fl, a few D1 college players play in our league. Along with a couple of NFL washout's) I pulled my groin getting juked by a high school kid. I played the rest of the season, but I couldn't ever reach full speed, and couldn't cut on my left leg. As long as I played, it didn't get better.

For why it's worth, after the season ended it heald up fast. So fast I kind of forgot about it.

Woods is going to have a breakout year IMO. I'm sure he feels he has a lot to prove. He plays with passion and now he has a chip on his shoulder.

My son did this for a while before transitioning over to a semi pro team in Oregon and now is about to have a walk on tryout with the Oregon Ducks......these flag football teams are no joke.........you are not smashing people out there but you better be athletic and fast.......

Groin injuries suck......

It all depends on Tyrod. If he can see the full field, he will find his receivers, whether it is Sammy or Woods or Clay

It all depends on Tyrod. If he can see the full field, he will find his receivers, whether it is Sammy or Woods or Clay

true. I've heard people mention that woods and clay were open over the middle many times last year, and didn't get the look.

I'm not sure it's true or not. But I would love to hear more about it.