One Take Home From this Season - what's yours?

0-5 record against teams with 10+ wins

1-5 record against playoff teams.

Bills are very far from winning a playoff game let alone a championship. After 6 years of Whaley's input at a senior level its pretty clear he can't build an average playofff team.

The Jets played 14 games against teams with losing records at the time they played them or the record they finished with. Spare me.

Edited by Big Blitz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Um. Well. In my experience, a bully is a guy who swaggers around and beats up on anyone who is smaller, weaker, or shows fear, but who backs down and disappears if you kick him hard and first or lead him to think you're bigger and tougher.

Some might say the Bills kind of fit that description this season.

lol true.

maybe next yr we can be terminators.

We have a real QB and the makings of a real offense.

The defense regressed further than expected but they are in good hands. Rex is like any coach in the NFL — he's going to use his scheme. Every coach is like this. I think the D bounces back in force next year.

Glad we played so hard AFTER we were eliminated, if we lost out we could be picking 12th instead of 19th, good job guys way to pull it together at the end :thumbsup: .

I hear ya BB and can't help but think that everyone was playing hard for a job next year or for more money because the season ended after the Redskin game. So while everyone feels good about beating a bad Dallas team and an almost Jets playoff team all it really did was cost the team a better draft position.

My letdown was a defense ranked #4 overall and the number ONE team in the NFL in sacks in 2014. Then went to 31st in sacks this year because of an HC noted for blitzing like crazy and then didn't blitz much at all this year. Knowing those stats and the Bills having a quarter billion into the D-line alone was so disturbing to me. For most of the season, the entire defense was an undisciplined mess. Special teams coverage units stunk.

The only bright spots were that young QB Tyrod Taylor playing in Greg Roman's run first offense and Richie Incognito showing just how good a team can be with a top OG starting all year.

Man 0 Man, I just hope other teams don't steal the OC or the LG for next year!

Edited by Nihilarian

Rex first season is every bit as good as Marrones last season .

Marrone finished 9 & 7 but the Pats game last year was won with out Tommy at the helm, if he would have played Marrone would have wound up 8 & 8 instead .

The same as Rex in his first year with a totally different O & D scheme pretty good i guess …

I know the Steelers are Bills fans today !! I'll bet in the Steelers post game talk he said

HOW BOUT THEM BILLS !! :w00t:

Bills are very far from winning a playoff game let alone a championship. After 6 years of Whaley's input at a senior level its pretty clear he can't build an average playofff team.

We were 2-0 against the 10-6 Jets- so your math is way off there Sparky. And we were 4-0 against Miami and the Jets

I hear ya BB and can't help but think that everyone was playing hard for a job next year or for more money because the season ended after the Redskin game. So while everyone feels good about beating a bad Dallas team and an almost Jets playoff team all it really did was cost the team a better draft position.

My letdown was a defense ranked #4 overall and the number ONE team in the NFL in sacks in 2014. Then went to 31st in sacks this year because of an HC noted for blitzing like crazy and then didn't blitz much at all this year. Knowing those stats and the Bills having a quarter billion into the D-line alone was so disturbing to me. For most of the season, the entire defense was an undisciplined mess. Special teams coverage units stunk.

The only bright spots were that young QB Tyrod Taylor playing in Greg Roman's run first offense and Richie Incognito showing just how good a team can be with a top OG starting all year.

Man 0 Man, I just hope other teams don't steal the OC or the LG for next year!

:thumbsup:

What? That was our super bowl we just won! You're so negative!!

another season in the middle of the pack...funny thing about the 16 year draught we never really hit rock bottom needed to string together 2-3 seasons with records of 4-12 and get top draft talent. continuing to draft in the "teens" doesn't get you a QB (luck/newton) or a game changing DE (Bruce smith) would it have been worse for a few more losses at chances to get better talent??

My takeaway has to be Taylor, and in conjunction with that, the chemistry developing with Sammy. For the first time in a long time we will head into the offseason with a QB who played very well and was getting better, not worse, at the end of the season.

Obviously I am disappointed in no playoffs (again) and three weeks ago I was extremely discouraged, but they showed me something over the course of the last two games.

Mine is I'm appalled by the number of injuries we have had. I hope the Bills put together a off-season team to really drill deep into it and determine a cause. Our training staff? Our conditioning program? Our turf? What?

it's football....players get injured.......

Glad we played so hard AFTER we were eliminated, if we lost out we could be picking 12th instead of 19th, good job guys way to pull it together at the end :thumbsup: .

We would have had 14th instead of 19th. I'll still take the win, the camaraderie, leadership and winning attitude over 5 draft spots and losing on purpose.

As for the OP, my take home is that this offense needed a year to gel together. They performed better than expected, and will be even better next year. The amount of new players and players who have never played together is amazing, and they still did a great job. Can't wait to see them next year with a few more additions to fill the gaps.

New Players:

Tyrod Taylor

LeSean McCoy

Richie Incognito

John Miller

Charles Clay

Percy Harvin

Karlos Williams

Edited by What a Tuel

Disappointing, to say the least.

If Tyrod Taylor doesn't make the necessary improvements, i.e. - read defenses and find/hit open receivers in the middle of the field ... next year is going to be an absolute mess.

That said, I will admit that his mobility was great and he's got the short stuff down pretty well. I haven't given up on him, but I'm very close. We need a veteran backup, as well as a QB in the draft. The Bills need other options if the wheels fall off early next season. Just look at Washington.

Disappointing, to say the least.

If Tyrod Taylor doesn't make the necessary improvements, i.e. - read defenses and find/hit open receivers in the middle of the field ... next year is going to be an absolute mess.

That said, I will admit that his mobility was great and he's got the short stuff down pretty well. I haven't given up on him, but I'm very close. We need a veteran backup, as well as a QB in the draft. The Bills need other options if the wheels fall off early next season. Just look at Washington.

WOW!

Enjoy your offseason. I admit that TT has been a bit of a roller coaster this year, but yesterday he played well. THe wind was very strong and he still made nice tight spirals downfield. He is now coming in a rhythm with Watkins.

Yesterday his receivers were Hogan, Salas, Gragg, O'leary and Watkins. What do you expect?

My concern with TT is longevity. He cant keep running and taking the hits. Go see Mike Vick

Edited by fredex22

We would have had 14th instead of 19th. I'll still take the win, the camaraderie, leadership and winning attitude over 5 draft spots and losing on purpose.

As for the OP, my take home is that this offense needed a year to gel together. They performed better than expected, and will be even better next year. The amount of new players and players who have never played together is amazing, and they still did a great job. Can't wait to see them next year with a few more additions to fill the gaps.

New Players:

Tyrod Taylor

LeSean McCoy

Richie Incognito

John Miller

Charles Clay

Percy Harvin

Karlos Williams

This is a pretty good take. My takeaway was our expectations were a bit out of whack, we turned over our entire coaching staff, brought in a first year starting QB and overhauled the starting backfield and guards. Granted, the new coach built up the expectations to unrealistic levels. We got hit hard by injuries, even the Pats (last 6 games were 2-4) and Packers (last 10 games were 4-6) struggled when their injuries started stacking up, but injuries are a part of the game. When Taylor was healthy we were 8-6 with a handful of games that could have gone either way. Obviously everyone is disappointed, the defense regressed badly and we did not coach or play smart football, often times in this league success comes out of finding ways to avoid mistakes, that's our biggest area for growth going forward.

Bottom line, Whaley brought in a handful of guys (Taylor / Shady / Karlos / Richie / Miller / Darby / Clay) who were clear upgrades over what we had last year. The only spots we really downgraded (Mario / Kyle / Aaron Williams / Preston Brown) were due to injuries / growing pains from scheme change. This team has a solid core, but they have to learn to play smarter.

WOW!

Enjoy your offseason. I admit that TT has been a bit of a roller coaster this year, but yesterday he played well. THe wind was very strong and he still made nice tight spirals downfield. He is now coming in a rhythm with Watkins.

Yesterday his receivers were Hogan, Salas, Gragg, O'leary and Watkins. What do you expect?

My concern with TT is longevity. He cant keep running and taking the hits. Go see Mike Vick

He had a very good game yesterday. He needs to have more very good games if this team is going to go anywhere next season.