Whaley & Rex End of Season Presser; 1 Year to Fix the Team?

this is amazing. I am obsessed with the Bingo cards that get made up for NFL broadcasts. I make them for each Bills game based on who the announcers are, but can't figure out how to post here.

Me and Rich have been talking about the end of season excuse machine for a few weeks now. I love what he came up with.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets had a pretty solid team this year and the one big flaw was their QB who played well until he played against Buffalo. I dunno know it's not my job to find the Jets their starting QB for next year. If Geno Smith still stinks there are UFA Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, Drew Stanton or the draft?

One position is usually easier to fill than retooling a defense. Wondering if the team will resign that LT who should have been a pro bowl starter, or their LT. So many questions yet to be answered in Buffalo.

I know I'd be feeling a whole lot better about next years team if the Bills had finished 10-5 this year and won the last 6 out of their last 7 games like the Jets did... save that last one.

Jets are in a far worse situation than Buffalo is heading into next season. They may lose 1/2 of their DL and starting LB. Their aging CBs slowed down during the year. And most of all they still have a huge question at QB.

Jets are in a far worse situation than Buffalo is heading into next season. They may lose 1/2 of their DL and starting LB. Their aging CBs slowed down during the year. And most of all they still have a huge question at QB.

yes, they are in better shape in almost every way I can think of.

here comes the say nothing fake love fest....

bet they won't even give a straight answer about Mario

i wouldn't expect them to...why should they

It's not that you don't (or can't) make good points, it's that this is all you do. Somehow you believe this is the only way to critically analyze your team. You know very well you can't just equate $$ spent and wins. Yes, the defense was a shocking surprise (in a negative way), but the offense was a revelation. If Taylor plays against Cincy and Jax who knows what we're talking about right now?

Positives: Tyrod, Karlos, Sammy, Incognito, Darby. The running game. Rex adjusted throughout the season -- after the replay challenge fiasco in KC those situations were managed much better.

They have already stated plainly and publicly that the season is a disappointment. What "accountability" do you want? They acquired a lot of tools in the shed, and most of them worked out pretty well.

List the GMs who are batting 1.000, please.

The goal from Day 1 with RR on board was to make the playoffs and I'm sorry if people are too thin-skinned (not you) to realize that goal never changed. Finishing out of that race is a big disappointment, although some are rationalizing it.

An owner doesn't spend that kind of money for their team to be so average. And, they're going to need to make multiple hard decisions on whom to pay given their cap situation.

And if there's one thing we've learned from previous seasons, it's that wins in December when you're eliminated from playoff contention don't carry over to the following season.

An owner doesn't spend that kind of money for their team to be so average. And, they're going to need to make multiple hard decisions on whom to pay given their cap situation.

Actually, they do spend 'that kind of money' regardless of team performance at the end of the year. They're obligated to and there are worse teams in worse Cap-hell than we are. We'll keep/re-sign every player the Brass wants here and still upgrade via FA.

Actually, they do spend 'that kind of money' regardless of team performance at the end of the year. They're obligated to and there are worse teams in worse Cap-hell than we are. We'll keep/re-sign every player the Brass wants here and still upgrade via FA.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/23161/answering-key-bills-2016-free-agency-and-salary-cap-questions

Not in cap jail, but not comfortable considering they've got decisions to make on Glenn, Incognito, and Gilmore is entering his walk year. And, if TT is their guy, he's entering his walk year as well. And we haven't even discussed acquiring Rex's types on defense or a RT.

There is a lot of work to do and anyone who assumes they'll get better ought to realize this. It's not all roses and unicorns.

The goal from Day 1 with RR on board was to make the playoffs and I'm sorry if people are too thin-skinned (not you) to realize that goal never changed. Finishing out of that race is a big disappointment, although some are rationalizing it.

And if there's one thing we've learned from previous seasons, it's that wins in December when you're eliminated from playoff contention don't carry over to the following season.

Win the Jax game (inexcusable L) and win the KC game (boneheaded decisions/bad breaks) and the Bills are a playoff team. As it is they are at the cusp of playoff position. It isn't a disaster and they found a lot of answers on offense this year.

Two straight non-losing seasons is something to build upon.

Yup. :beer:

The cap is fluid and expected to rise at least 10 million.

i already know what they're gonna say...lol.

"we're disappointed the season didn't go the way we wanted. we were expecting playoffs, i thought we played our butts off out there. we never gave up. we stayed together as a team, it was a moral victory to win the last game of the season, i thought we improved, we'll be better next year i guarantee it. i'm proud of this team and how far we've come since week 1, there will be major changes in the offseason, yadda yadda..."