Whaley & Rex End of Season Presser; 1 Year to Fix the Team?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every frame is created durability-wise equal, even if height and weight are comparable.

When TT went down after that awkward tackle at the end of a long run in Tennessee, it changed their season because they lost at home to CIN and in the UK to JAC.

The main thing with TT running so frequently, besides his exposure, is that he tucks it and runs far too often. Designed runs are one thing, yet I'm thinking far too many of his rushing attempts were when he didn't see an open receiver. In 14 games he ran it 104 times, or about 7 per game.

You think 7 rushes per game is excessive for an athletic QB like TT? I don't, as long as most of those attempts end in a slide or running out of bounds.

@RyanTalbotBills

ICYMI: Rex didn't guarantee that Dennis Thurman would return as DC in 2016 http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1629423-thurman-not-guaranteed-to-return-as-dc

CX6zyucWcAA4CP8.jpg

From Carucci's article:

Meanwhile, Ryan is meeting with his assistant coaches Tuesday. On Monday, Ryan wouldn't say whether he planned to retain all of his assistants, but a source said two and possibly as many as three changes could be made. However, there are strong indications that, despite the many struggles on defense, defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman is safe.

So if this one year to fix things proclamation is true, then why would the other story that Whale is getting an extension make any sense? Certainly is easy to fire them after one year, but even easier to not give him an extension and do the same. I always thought Carucci was a good reporter, but starting to wonder if he's on some type of crusade? These two releases don't both make sense. Sorry but one of them can not be true.