A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in this lost season that if Taylor is the answer to quarterback, then for the first time since Bledsoe we have a QB! The offense has potential and the defense needs to go back to prior years schemes. As seen today, a pass rush does amazing things!

Thank you Bill for another year, win or lose I can't go to sleep without reading your observations! Thanks and happy new year!

Thanks Bill! I'm far from satisfied with the season, the players and the coaching, but today was great to see. Frustrating to see as the ability to play and coach was shown in most all aspects of the game, but I always like to have a season end on a high note. Won't miss Mario and Bradham, hope the left side of the O line is retained and look forward to a successful FA and draft to get the team back to the playoffs. Bills in Seattle next year, so looking forward to seeing a great game in my neck of the woods.

Forever and always....GO BILLS!

Edited by VanCity

Now that we're talking about heart, how about that Dareus play at the end getting to Fitz and causing the pick.

That's what you call digging deep and kicking ass. He's such a strong dude, nice to see him end the season like that, tossing a 300 pound NFL guard.

Yes. It was awesome.

But where was that earlier in the season?

Bill, Let me echo the chorus of praises for your post-game comments. I always look forward to them. Take care and Happy New Year.

Not sure what to expect next season. The D is a mess. I read that Mario cancelled the play call on that last play, which is why you saw Dareus finally rushing the passer. I hope Rex can find a way to make his system work with a 4-man DL

TT looks like he will do until we find that "guy". He might even have enough to get us into the playoffs.

Crossman has to go, as does Mr Thurman.

Got lucky. The Jets were in hurry-up, and it looked like the defense was confused, and Butler had no idea what was going on.

I was high on Butler earlier in the year, but am wondering if we can get an upgrade in the draft at backup CB

Mario looked about the same as I have seen the rest of the season.

Our play calls were just odd. On defense we rushed all first half and succeeded very well. The second half we stopped and sat back. It almost cost us the game.

our D is way too conservative for 1/2's of games. Thurman should be GONE. We missed the playoffs because he took a top D and make it into a joke for most of the season. Bring back Pettine!

our D is way too conservative for 1/2's of games. Thurman should be GONE. We missed the playoffs because he took a top D and make it into a joke for most of the season. Bring back Pettine!

Why do people think this is Thurman's defense? Isn't Rex making all the calls?

4) I want to be happy like Todd Bowles. I mean this. It would be cool to be like him and live my life with the same smile, no matter what is happening. I wonder if he is on meds. Or, does he have the world's greatest therapist?

Haha. According to my boys (9 and 12), he never shows any emotion. Can't remember the play (fortunately there were many) but they were shocked when they saw him get p*ssed off today.

Bill

Thanks again for a wonderful season of "A Few Thoughts About the Game...". Really love reading every Monday morning whether we won or lost.

3-headed QB monster in TC did not help this team. It took longer for TT and Watkins to get in Sync.

The team missed Clay as a TE down the stretch. Yesterday was obvious how much this team missed him as I did not see a single TE get open.

If they can solidify the RT spot and re-sign Richie and Glenn the offense will be ok with a full off season of continuity.

Defense is going to get a make over.

there was a guy at the bar i hang out at to watch the games, he is a jets fan, i talked to him week one and he hadn't been back until yesterday. At the end of the game he looked at me and said, back in week one when i was here, you told me we would love fitzpatrick as a quarterback until that one fateful moment....he just shook his head.

there was a guy at the bar i hang out at to watch the games, he is a jets fan, i talked to him week one and he hadn't been back until yesterday. At the end of the game he looked at me and said, back in week one when i was here, you told me we would love fitzpatrick as a quarterback until that one fateful moment....he just shook his head.

Pooj, a good friend of mine is a jet fanatic and a smart guy/fan. He told me:

1) We were getting a very good coach in Pettine and we would be happy with him.

2) NEVER be fooled by Rex. He is just an inept blowhard.