Season Over - TT in Review

Virgil

Week 17 was a fantastic wrap up game in showing what TT can do as our QB. He can't help the crappy trick plays that are called in.

In this game though, where the Jets took away the deep ball, TT showed the ability to throw is anywhere on the field. He converted 3rd downs with curls and even a SLANT!. He's proven the deep ball all season. He's proven and verified his scrambling ability.

Overall, besides showing his ability to lead a comeback, I've more than seen enough for a FIRST YEAR STARTER to deem him the guy for next season.

The only caveot is that I do believe that we need a viable back-up, considering the injury rate for scrambling QB's. I think a WR, LB are more important in the first two rounds. But 3rd and on, get him if he's there.

TT haters, have at it...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was really encouraging to see him use the entire field today. The best thing I saw (besides getting it to #14) was Tyrod/Roman trying to pick up first downs on 3rd down instead of chucking it downfield looking for the big play. The only hiccup being that idiotic trick play on 3rd and 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Because of those 3rd down conversions the Bills dominated ToP which was pivotal in winning the game.

I can't hate, only nit-pick.

He needs to improve on his intermediate passing accuracy.

I'd like to see more decisiveness in his pocket presence (which I saw improvement in today)

Id like to see him use his better players, not his better plays, more often (Roman at fault here too)

But definitely happy with him going into 2016

The nice thing about TT is just when people say "he cant do this...he cant do that" he actually does it on the field....he is still growing as a QB

Some nitpicks

- I want to see the mental clock speed up a little bit........he is a click late on some throws and I recoginize that....I also think that the mental clock speeds up as you continue to biuld continuity and reps. EVEN THOUGH you can see this he is still very accurate.....and throws a nice ball......and the ball still gets there with plenty of time where it wont get picked. I would just like to see it a click sooner so a WR can make a football move with it and maybe get more RAC

- realize that the he is fantasic on these designed runs.....but this needs to be dialed back a bit if we want to keep him healthy. I want to see more of Tyrod rollouts.....showing threat of run....then throwing the ball downfield and let someone else take the hit.

- In the offseason.....get him the things that continue his maturation process......our RT situation is abysmal and the sacks that TT does take are often from our RT getting beat immediately off the snap. I realize that the stats dont show his WR's dropping a lot of balls.....but Hogan a. Drops too many at key times and b. Does not know where the 1st down marker is. WHen TT has a 200 yard game with no ints the stats SHOULD be reading 300 yard games because he throws deep bombs that are dropped. Get him a RT and a big physical wideout.

The nice thing about TT is just when people say "he cant do this...he cant do that" he actually does it on the field....he is still growing as a QB

Some nitpicks

- I want to see the mental clock speed up a little bit........he is a click late on some throws and I recoginize that....I also think that the mental clock speeds up as you continue to biuld continuity and reps. EVEN THOUGH you can see this he is still very accurate.....and throws a nice ball......and the ball still gets there with plenty of time where it wont get picked. I would just like to see it a click sooner so a WR can make a football move with it and maybe get more RAC

- realize that the he is fantasic on these designed runs.....but this needs to be dialed back a bit if we want to keep him healthy. I want to see more of Tyrod rollouts.....showing threat of run....then throwing the ball downfield and let someone else take the hit.

- In the offseason.....get him the things that continue his maturation process......our RT situation is abysmal and the sacks that TT does take are often from our RT getting beat immediately off the snap. I realize that the stats dont show his WR's dropping a lot of balls.....but Hogan a. Drops too many at key times and b. Does not know where the 1st down marker is. WHen TT has a 200 yard game with no ints the stats SHOULD be reading 300 yard games because he throws deep bombs that are dropped. Get him a RT and a big physical wideout.

Championship. I'm with you John the kid is gonna be LIGHTS OUT next year!!

Who the hell hates Taylor? He has been solid. But there is something concerning about a qb that struggles to get 200 yards passing on a regular basis and seems to only lock on one wr.

He will be entrenched as the starter next year without a doubt and we should be excited. But at this point, I struggle to see him hanging with top Qbs. Long way to go though.

He is our starting qb. Period.

Hope he stays that way for years to come and continues to develop. Would be great to start drafting qbs to develop behind him.

There can be no doubt we all need to get behind him and believe in his ability to take us to the promised land!! 45 td 10 int 12-4 baby!!