AP Report: Bills Will Release Mario After the Season

26CornerBlitz

I once read a very good management book for work(we all had to read it and once I started reading it I couldn't put i down) that talked about before you can move the bus forward and get the right people on the bus to get it going to where you want to go, you have to get the wrong people off the bus because they can poison the environment and make it impossible for the right people to do their job effectively.

Good to Great? Fantastic book

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe...or maybe he is just a "me first guy" who has never been on a team that has won anything of significance, and perhaps he was one of the reasons why.

This is not a big surprise...part of the reason he wanted out of Houston was defensive scheme. It wasn't all money. They too had gone to a 3-4. He was vocal about dropping into coverage in that scheme too.

Kyle Williams.No one gives a :censored: what Carrington thinks, and no one would be more pissed off about it than KW.

That could be right, but Corey Graham is an old, dedicated pro who has played in Rex-resembling defenses in Baltimore and who came up the hard way. Maybe him? He's a Buffalo guy too. Looking at the language though, I think it's a vet - only they use terms like "bell cow." Maybe it's Kyle W ...

No wonder he couldn't keep up with WRs.

LOL!

:lol:

Anyone who has been watching with their eyes open knows this is BS.

@TyDunne

Mario does have his supporters. ILB Preston Brown: "He’s out there doing his job. I know he’s out there doing his job day in and day out.”

Re: Brown's comment -- that sounds like a young player who doesn't want to make enemies among the league's (formerly) elite corps of players. Anyway, it's clear that a lot of players on the team feel the way that many here do because they see the same things we see (and more).

Btw, Tyler Dunne is consistently excellent. He gets great quotes. I worry he'll be poached!

Edited by dave mcbride

Why would they, it was the perfect fit for personnel and scheme. Yet they still couldn't stop good teams when they needed to. But boy did they rack up stats.

amazing we say schwartz's shortcomings on defense were the inability to stop teams last year and all of this hoorah yet, turn around and excuse Rex for this for only being in year one

Tell me again how this happened.

Stop being a butt head.

disgruntled employee coached by a coach who bit off more than he could chew/lied to an organization

amazing we say schwartz's shortcomings on defense were the inability to stop teams last year and all of this hoorah yet, turn around and excuse Rex for this for only being in year one

disgruntled employee coached by a coach who bit off more than he could chew/lied to an organization

No I'm putting things into context that Schwartz lucked out to have the perfect players last year to run his scheme. His scheme would have been a near disaster this year.

Rex's fault was to be too optimistic about the roster and how they would handle the change.

No I'm putting things into context that Schwartz lucked out to have the perfect players last year to run his scheme. His scheme would have been a near disaster this year.

Rex's fault was to be too optimistic about the roster and how they would handle the change.

hypotheticals are hypothetical.

we were never going to match last year, but that rex could not get more from his players is worrisome

Pathetic. Rex Ryan ran a guy out of town that had a 14 sack season the year before. Remarkable mis-use of talent.

Other than the sack totals I've never been very impressed with Mario. He doesn't do much else. Too many times he's been handled by a single blocker and does nothing. Most of his sacks have tended to be against a weak OT who he takes advantage of and gets 2 or 3 sacks on.

Too many times he is pushed beyond the pocket by the OT and doesn't even provide pressure.

I recently looked up Bruce Smith's stats. He would get 100+ tackles a year along with his double digit sacks. Mario has 17 tackles this season. I know it's different eras, teams, systems, etc. but just pointing out that for the size of his contract, Mario is not a complete player.

Other than the sack totals I've never been very impressed with Mario. He doesn't do much else. Too many times he's been handled by a single blocker and does nothing. Most of his sacks have tended to be against a weak OT who he takes advantage of and gets 2 or 3 sacks on.

Too many times he is pushed beyond the pocket by the OT and doesn't even provide pressure.

I recently looked up Bruce Smith's stats. He would get 100+ tackles a year along with his double digit sacks. Mario has 17 tackles this season. I know it's different eras, teams, systems, etc. but just pointing out that for the size of his contract, Mario is not a complete player.

Yes, Mario was not HoF Bruce.

Must have been that great DL that made Nelson drop a routine catch

#HeardFootsteps #Scoreboard #SafetytoEndGameAfterRodgersCareerWorstPerformance

@JeffRussoWKBW

Associated Press via .@john_wawrow reporting #Bills plan to cut DE Mario Williams this off-season #Buffalo

At his price, Mario should have been willing to do whatever the Bills asked of him. His attitude all season long has been bush league.

So sick of this argument. As much money as Rex is guaranteed he should figure out how to use a star defensive end.

Let's put things in perspective. Rex has coached hundreds of players in his time at the Ravens, Jets, and Bills.

We always have heard how his players love Rex.

Given this history, some of you guys want to pretend that this is Rex's and not Mario's fault?!?

@mikerodak

The Associated Press is reporting that the Bills plan to cut DE Mario Williams after this season. Rex Ryan just... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0474280094509044796-4

Shocking!

@AP_NFL

AP source: Bills planning to cut Mario Williams in offseason http://apne.ws/1mlPP8I

@john_wawrow

I know Wawrow is legit, but what on earth purpose is served by this "anonymous" source blowing the lid on the Bills plan at this point?

The Bills need to track some of these "loose lipped" sources down and send the Turk after THEM!

I know Wawrow is legit, but what on earth purpose is served by this "anonymous" source blowing the lid on the Bills plan at this point?

The Bills need to track some of these "loose lipped" sources down and send the Turk after THEM!

i assumed it didn't come from OBD, but rather Mario's agent

No way for the record. But off the record? Absolutely, I don't think he would tolerate lack-of-effort, he is the ultimate high-motor player (not a slam, in a good way)... and I think he would care more about this team than others would. JMO.

Kyle Williams IS the leader on the defensive front.

No wonder he couldn't keep up with WRs.

; )

So sick of this argument. As much money as Rex is guaranteed he should figure out how to use a star defensive end.

unless star defensive end does not want to ?

agreed. this IS bad form

Let's put things in perspective. Rex has coached hundreds of players in his time at the Ravens, Jets, and Bills.

We always have heard how his players love Rex.

Given this history, some of you guys want to pretend that this is Rex's and not Mario's fault?!?

Exactly.

Kyle Williams.No one gives a :censored: what Carrington thinks, and no one would be more pissed off about it than KW.

Except that the anonymous bad-mouther said that Kyle Williams was the only one who could have said anything to Mario and didn't because he thought there was no use

I would expect the anonymous person is a DLman who is watching the DLman's film cutup in DL meetings, knows exactly what Mario's assignment is supposed to be, and is in prime position to assess whether or not he's going full throttle.