Would you re-sign Harvin to $3m incentive laden contract?

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Gordon? You mean the alcoholic?

Also a guy who had a higher ypg(117) in 2013 than Jerry Rice, Randy Moss or Terrel Owens ever did.

And the most amazing part was that he did it with Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell as his QB's.

How often have we heard that dud QB's had tamped down our WR stats. :doh:

Calvin Johnson had ONE season where he produced more ypg.......but he was the top player in the NFL that season and was catching passes from a talented QB.

How can you trust him? Our offense took a big hit when we lost him. I don't think you can afford to build around him again.

and there is the room for discussion. He Was the number one for looks, that and Clay.

i think TT has matured enough to move on from his dependance on Harvin. and found a healthy love for Watkins

I would rather draft one and find another quality Rec in FA. because we need two. at least.

f goodwing , harvin and Hogan'd.

Hit the refresh button. not sure 'bout Robert either.

Agree that if the training staff ok'd him I would be ok with it.

Knee jerk reaction is no thank you.

Draft or find a real number 2 wide out.

better said than I.

It's a good thing you don't hold grudges; I'd be dead mod walking.

LOL well done.

btw

Mega tron should be available.....

Harvin is done. Put a fork in him...

He just wants to get paid wherever he is.

yes that must be it :w00t:

Rex said today Harvin wants to still play. There is no way we keep him at his contract. There is no way IMO anyone pays him a decent contract next year based on his injury history and production history and various other factors. Personally I would have no problem signing him to a smallish deal with incentives for games active, starts and production. I think he would entertain re-signing here. At 3m I still know it is a risk and less than 50% chance he plays 15-16 games but it's a risk I would take.

I wouldn't want it to dissuade us from finding another #2 or #3 or #4 WR in FA or the draft though. And I totally understand why people would say no or not worth the risk.

I'd sign him only after week 1 for veteran minimum when he would not qualify for automatic salary and ensure he could be waived when an independent medical expert determined he was fit to play and he was unwilling to do so; anything other than veteran minimum would be need to be performance incentives not practice or games played incentives.

Agree that if the training staff ok'd him I would be ok with it.

Knee jerk reaction is no thank you.

Draft or find a real number 2 wide out.

Draft a WR and find a real #2 in FA (Marvin Jones).

Get rid of Hogan and the great Olympian.

Dont touch Harvin with a bargepoll. We need fewer (not more) head cases.

How can you trust him? Our offense took a big hit when we lost him. I don't think you can afford to build around him again.

I think the point is at 3m you aren't building around him. You are signing a guy paid like a good #3 that if healthy plays like a #1

you don't build an offence around him, at $3MIL you bring him in to be a complementary piece that hopefully can stay healthy. You build your receiving core around Watkins. Big question would be whether Harbin would consider coming back for that pay and accept a limited role to continue playing and stay healthy

I think the point is at 3m you aren't building around him. You are signing a guy paid like a good #3 that if healthy plays like a #1

How hard is that to figure out. You don't sign him to a big contract. You cut him in training camp if he doesn't play well or at 100%. You don't build your offense totally around him. It's not a big risk.

At this point I don't like the idea of going into the season with a guy you don't expect to make it through the season. If it's him or a PS guy then I guess it's no big deal if he comes cheap, but if you're going to rely on him and make him a significant part of the game plan I think it's a mistake because the team will be worse off when he goes on IR than if he was never there.