Mutiny or insubordination?

GG

69 members have voted

1. 1. What's going on with the team?

• Mutiny?
    • Insubordination?
    • Mrags?

insubordination is simply not listening, not complying or obeying the commands of superiors.

mutiny is a willfull act to not obey authority or superiors in order to remove that authority or superior

go back to ppp, brah. this is my land.

in your defense, here.

as a verb, mutiny is the same, but as a noun... which is where we are differing - yeah...

I don't get it. You can know and eloquently explain the difference between two relatively uncommonly used words.....yet you still don't seem to know the difference between "then" and "than". :P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand why they were hyped all offseason. They must have been practicing this scheme. Why didn't they see the signs of this incompatibility then? Not enough practice?

I think because in offseason, you're not being game-planned against, you're not game-planning, you're just learning the plays and the terminology and your role and trying to keep an open mind about how it will work as part of a game plan and a reaction to what another team throws at you. And you typically don't have one side of the ball scheming to defeat you. In fact typically you're playing your #2 O, and we now know our #1 O is a slow-paced offense.

So now it comes to real Sundays, and teams very quickly zeroed in on some gaps in our D, raising the question "Whatcha Got against THIS?" When the answer was "nothing, really; only to tell you guys to play harder and better somehow" I think it took the heart out of guys who felt their current role didn't make them very effective.

I think because in offseason, you're not being game-planned against, you're not game-planning, you're just learning the plays and the terminology and your role and trying to keep an open mind about how it will work as part of a game plan and a reaction to what another team throws at you. And you typically don't have one side of the ball scheming to defeat you. In fact typically you're playing your #2 O, and we now know our #1 O is a slow-paced offense.

So now it comes to real Sundays, and teams very quickly zeroed in on some gaps in our D, raising the question "Whatcha Got against THIS?" When the answer was "nothing, really; only to tell you guys to play harder and better somehow" I think it took the heart out of guys who felt their current role didn't make them very effective.

I can see that, but remember they had to sit our starting d line because they weren't giving the QB's a chance. Did something change here?

Edited by What a Tuel

ok, whats you're point?

Just having a friendly dig at you. I enjoy reading your posts so I notice the "then" "than" thing (it's a bit of a bugbear for me).

I thought you'd appreciate the irony.

I think we'll have a clearer answer after tomorrow's game. If the rest of the defense comes out sleepwalking and lets Moore light it up then there could be truth that the players are conspiring to push Rex out. Would remind me of the '86 Bills who submarined Bullough to make sure he got fired.

But so far, this appears to be a crusade by one man to salvage his free agency value for the next season. I certainly isn't a coincidence that Mario is speaking out now, a week after someone in the locker room accused him of dogging his injury. He's given a half effort all season long, apparently because he doesn't agree with the scheme. Trouble is that on some of his off plays, TDs probably got scored. I'll point to the Pats* TD just before the end of the half.

The infection doesn't appear to have spread to the rest of the team as players were telling him to STFU and play.

Mario is a talented player, but he's a major head case who's always had issues with motivation and commitment. New defensive scheme or not, this was his contract year as Bills were not going to keep him under current contract. The best thing he could have done for himself and the team was to play lights out to make it very hard for the team to cut him and to bid up his price for the new team.

Instead he pouted and let his play go down the toilet. Yes, he'll still get a nice pay day in 2016, but the number will be far lower because the tape shows an aging malcontent, who can't beat one on one blocking anymore.

ok, whats you're point?

your and idiot.

thats he's point.

good post

Just having a friendly dig at you. I enjoy reading your posts so I notice the "then" "than" thing (it's a bit of a bugbear for me).

I thought you'd appreciate the irony.

:nana:

good humor right then

I think we'll have a clearer answer after tomorrow's game. If the rest of the defense comes out sleepwalking and lets Moore light it up then there could be truth that the players are conspiring to push Rex out. Would remind me of the '86 Bills who submarined Bullough to make sure he got fired.

But so far, this appears to be a crusade by one man to salvage his free agency value for the next season. I certainly isn't a coincidence that Mario is speaking out now, a week after someone in the locker room accused him of dogging his injury. He's given a half effort all season long, apparently because he doesn't agree with the scheme. Trouble is that on some of his off plays, TDs probably got scored. I'll point to the Pats* TD just before the end of the half.

The infection doesn't appear to have spread to the rest of the team as players were telling him to STFU and play.

Mario is a talented player, but he's a major head case who's always had issues with motivation and commitment. New defensive scheme or not, this was his contract year as Bills were not going to keep him under current contract. The best thing he could have done for himself and the team was to play lights out to make it very hard for the team to cut him and to bid up his price for the new team.

Instead he pouted and let his play go down the toilet. Yes, he'll still get a nice pay day in 2016, but the number will be far lower because the tape shows an aging malcontent, who can't beat one on one blocking anymore.

Preston Brown came off as an apprentice to Mario with his statement. It probably was coincidence. But the young players more than likely look up to Mario.

that's why smart veterans like Corey Graham said what he said. And Eric W was intelligent enough to stay in line.

I agree, the Cowboys game will be telling to some degree. The players that want to be here next year had better show up!

Edited by 3rdand12

Do you think the defensive performance against the Skins was one man or most of the defense? Edited by FireChan

It's neither IMO, as the players are seriously trying to run Rex Ryan's scheme its just that,

1.) it doesn't fit the personnel on the roster.

2.) they have nobody really capable of calling it on the field.

3.) there are far more problems with this years team than just the players were not adapting to the scheme.

• Play calls coming in late
  • Corey Graham: We're all over the place, we"re all over the place. We don't know what's going on half the time.
  • Poor Rex, damn if he does call a blitz, damned if he doesn't. Next 3rd down, sends the house, nobody covers the out
  • I don't mind the 3 man rush on 3rd and 16, what I mind is guys just not being aware of what is going on around them
  • Preston Brown says even the slowest offenses have been hurrying to line this season because they know Bills defense has issues w/ play calls--They've been doing that since week 2!!!! Horrifying coaching.
  • You always see this... guys running around, not set, when the ball is snapped

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass

At first, I thought that perhaps Rex Ryan was simply trying really hard to get Doug Whaley fired so he could have more power and control over the player acquisitions. Now I'm convinced that this year's HC & defensive staff is on par with Hank Bullough and one of the very worst coaching staffs I can remember, save Greg Roman. At least, Roman is attempting to run what Ryan wants him to run in building a solid run game each week, and developing a young QB by limiting his passing.

Plus the fact that Rex Ryan or Dennis Thurman are simply not calling enough blitzes this year, or even coming close to the amount of Blitzes that Ryan would run in the past. From 35% last year to less than 10% this year, and in the one game the defense actually got pressure on 50% of the drop backs they were very effective.

Edited by Nihilarian