• Mutiny?
    • Insubordination?
    • Mrags?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand why they were hyped all offseason. They must have been practicing this scheme. Why didn't they see the signs of this incompatibility then? Not enough practice?

Dareus questioned it a bit at camp. I recall something about "getting used to his new role"

Mutiny. PB isn't a fan. Dareus doesn't like his role. Mario is in open rebellion. Mario may be the ring leader, and everyone else may fall in line when he goes, but as of right now, he isn't alone.

Also, Rex doesn't like to muzzle his players. They're allowed to B word to the media all day. Talk about adding lighter fluid.

And if Rex gets fired, Mario and co. will be revolutionaries, not rebels.

i feel that the heart of the problem is as follows:

Some key players on defense never really took Rex and his scheme seriously.

Could it be bc of the success the defense had last season that they thought they couldnt be told to do something differently? Perhaps. Its human nature too.

Could it be that all the years with the Jets as a division rival the players didnt respect Rex as much as they would someone who they barely played against? Perhaps.

A combination of both? Perhaps.

From all the public complaining I hear i get the strong impression some key players on this defense started putting more energy into undermining the scheme than into actually trying to buy into it and make it work for them on the field.

In professional sports the mental aspect of a player is so important that if they arent buying into what the coach is selling, youre going to have serious issues.

I see that you don't own a thesaurus.

insubordination is simply not listening, not complying or obeying the commands of superiors.

mutiny is a willfull act to not obey authority or superiors in order to remove that authority or superior

go back to ppp, brah. this is my land.

I see that you don't own a thesaurus.

in your defense, here.

as a verb, mutiny is the same, but as a noun... which is where we are differing - yeah...

mu·ti·ny

ˈmyo͞otnē/
noun
  1. 1.
    an open rebellion against the proper authorities, especially by soldiers or sailors against their officers.
    "a mutiny by those manning the weapons could trigger a global war"
    synonyms: insurrection, rebellion, revolt, riot, uprising, insurgence, insubordination
    "there was a mutiny over wages"
verb
  1. 1.
    refuse to obey the orders of a person in authority.

in·sub·or·di·na·tion
ˌinsəˌbôrdəˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: insubordination; plural noun: insubordinations
  1. defiance of authority; refusal to obey orders.

insubordination is simply not listening, not complying or obeying the commands of superiors.

mutiny is a willfull act to not obey authority or superiors in order to remove that authority or superior

go back to ppp, brah. this is my land.

in your defense, here.

as a verb, mutiny is the same, but as a noun... which is where we are differing - yeah...

•  

Lmao.

In that case ill go with mutiny. Because openly saying its not my fault i suck or our fault we suck - it's the coaches fault - implies one thing: change the coach.

Edited by bobobonators

A good coach will develop a system that highlights his teams strengths and help hide/cover their weaknesses. A coach with a singular system in mind that is unwilling/unable to make any changes won't last in today's professional sports arena. We can either move on from Rex now or waste more time with him. Personally I hate wasting time.

Lmao.

In that case ill go with mutiny. Because openly saying its not my fault i suck or our fault we suck - it's the coaches fault - implies one thing: change the coach.

Its mutiny when Mario talked Brown and possibly MD into going against Thurman.

I believe this happened in some form. whether directly or indirectly.

And when a player forms a gathering of yea Mateys , to toss over the Captain of the ship? it is mutiny.

and when they reach ground, all of them should be hung.

Further level question:

Does Rex Ryan have what it takes to stop a mutiny? To take command of a team?

IMO: He is supposed to be a players coach and therefore I am not sure if he can be the type to put it to his players; should he be able to I think he ultimately loses a lot of respect for doing too little, too late.

Rex, therefore, is doomed.

Its mutiny when Mario talked Brown and possibly MD into going against Thurman.

I believe this happened in some form. whether directly or indirectly.

And when a player forms a gathering of yea Mateys , to toss over the Captain of the ship? it is mutiny.

and when they reach ground, all of them should be hung.

HAHA.

In all seriousness: in my heart of hearts we overhyped this defense and this yr they took a step back. Dareus got paid. Hughes got paid. Mario is one yr older and obviuosly does not care to learn a new scheme. KW got injured and other DL got injured.

Rex has not been able to get the most out of what he has because we obviously saw what this defense could do last year. BUT to be fair, we also cant act like this defense has been top 5-7 for years now. We had an outstanding season last yr. maybe last year was the outlier

A good coach will develop a system that highlights his teams strengths and help hide/cover their weaknesses. A coach with a singular system in mind that is unwilling/unable to make any changes won't last in today's professional sports arena. We can either move on from Rex now or waste more time with him. Personally I hate wasting time.

so you too decide how your company shall be run and do not follow the plan as laid out before you?

Insidious.

How long has Rex been in the Football game?

Are you sure he is as inflexible as so many have cited?

Maybe he is limited in what he can change and when?

HAHA.

In all seriousness: in my heart of hearts we overhyped this defense and this yr they took a step back. Dareus got paid. Hughes got paid. Mario is one yr older and obviuosly does not care to learn a new scheme. KW got injured and other DL got injured.

Rex has not been able to get the most out of what he has because we obviously saw what this defense could do last year. BUT to be fair, we also cant act like this defense has been top 5-7 for years now. We had an outstanding season last yr. maybe last year was the outlier

We agree about the over hyped D.

Jim did have one heck of a season and the players loved him in every report i read.

I think the players have felt the turmoil of being so high, and then being so frustrated.

tough spot to be in and everyone is upset.

so you too decide how your company shall be run and do not follow the plan as laid out before you?

Insidious.

How long has Rex been in the Football game?

Are you sure he is as inflexible as so many have cited?

Maybe he is limited in what he can change and when?

We agree about the over hyped D.

Jim did have one heck of a season and the players loved him in every report i read.

I think the players have felt the turmoil of being so high, and then being so frustrated.

tough spot to be in and everyone is upset.

Agree 100%.

Mutiny would infer as stated above there is overt actions to remove the authority. I have not seen this in the reports, but they are being insubordinate as they willingly disagree with the scheme and do not believe they are being put in a place to win. It's a leap to then say they want Rex fired.

Mario and others are frustrated and disagree with Rex's decisions, but doesn't mean they want him gone as much as adjust the system to play to their strengths.