Firing Rex could save Marcel Dareus Career

Rather than Football Czar, I'd put him on toilet cleaning duty. We'd want them extra clean for $5 million per year. Damn those silly contracts provisions preventing such fairness!

Yeah, but he'd likely end up using the urinal cakes to keep the sinks clean.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swartz as DC/assistant HC title....Rex fires Thurmun abd crowns Swartz king of the D....he will come back. Then Rex keeps his hand out of the D and makes decisions on game day. Everybody's happy and Bills start winning. Solved!

i don't think Rex would ever do that. He'd sooner quit IMO. Maybe I'm wrong. Just can't see it.

According to google Pegs is worth 4 billion. If Pegs eats 20 million of Rex's contract that is 0.5% of his total net worth.

The average american's net worth is 300k. 0.5% of 300k is 1500 bucks, which is basically the cost of 2 season tickets plus parking/tailgating expenses.

Pegs can certainly afford to fire rex and not even notice.

^^^this and the fact that Pegula has the ability to print money. Let's not forget he outspent "the Donald" by some 300-400 million. If Pegula determines Rex is not the answer and part of the problem expect Rex gone.

^^^this and the fact that Pegula has the ability to print money. Let's not forget he outspent "the Donald" by some 300-400 million. If Pegula determines Rex is not the answer and part of the problem expect Rex gone.

i agree that he could, money wise. I just think they will give Rex/Whaley another year to tune up the roster to fit the schemes and upgrade in some areas. Whaley has one more year on his deal. Next year would be a good time to wipe the slate clean of both if no playoffs, and hire a GM who would then hire a coach, which is typically the way to go. So they both come in at the same time. He would still be eating 3 years of the Rex contract if that happened. I do think they will bring in a czar/consultant to evaluate the organization this offseason and will be ready to go if they do need to make a change next year.

Its 16 years for us, but it is only one year for them, and for Rex. I think they will be more patient than giving him the ax after 1 season, but not "too" patient if they don't get results after 2. Jmo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

why does everyone think schwartz would save the day. get over it. the d played well under him but so easily everyone forgets the raiders taking this defense to the woodshed. kyle and mario are getting older and bringing schwartz back is not turning the clock back. I'm disappointed in the defense this year but you have to stay the course.

If you want a glimpse into the future by constantly changing coaches/gms just look at the browns.

Jim Schwartz fought all 32 NFL HC's and knocked them out with one punch!

To Jim Schwartz!

I heard he shut out 19 opponents in a row one season...and won the Super Bowl with 11 defensive linemen blitzing every down!

Just my personal belief, but *all* TBD threads should eventually devolve to a Bill Brasky-like cheers for whatever player, coach, GM or guru that is our next savior, according to us...

Rex signed a 5 year, $27.5 million contract. Pegula is rich, but he can't eat that.

He's not getting fired. Bring back Schwartz tho..?

He can (and should) eat that contract. His wealth may exceed that of Danny Snyder, who's eaten so many big contracts the counters have lost count. Also, Ryan coming back here may cost Pegula plenty when the fans stop buying season tickets and otherwise showing up at games because they're convinced this team cannot win with Ryan as coach.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to sign or draft a NT, move Dareus to DE, make Kyle a pass rushing DE (he can't play the run worth a dam anyways), and upgrade the LB's. The LB's are awful regardless of the scheme. A true NT fixes a lot. Go after Knighton hard in FA. Maybe the Texans let Wilfork go. There are options much better than changing the entire staff again. Schwartz is not coming back.

He took over an 0-16 roster. How does everyone forget this? His first 3 years were very promising.

A promising first 3 years to build up to 1 winning season and getting fired after 2 more losing seasons? Do you view his tenure there as a success? Do you think he would have lasted 2 years with the Bills in that scenario? (Assuming fans have a say)

Edited by What a Tuel

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to sign or draft a NT, move Dareus to DE, make Kyle a pass rushing DE (he can't play the run worth a dam anyways), and upgrade the LB's. The LB's are awful regardless of the scheme. A true NT fixes a lot. Go after Knighton hard in FA. Maybe the Texans let Wilfork go. There are options much better than changing the entire staff again. Schwartz is not coming back.

No, it wouldn't be easier than neutering, or firing Wrex.

A promising first 3 years to build up to 1 winning season and getting fired after 2 more losing seasons? Do you view his tenure there as a success? Do you think he would have lasted 2 years with the Bills in that scenario? (Assuming fans have a say)

Taking the worst team in NFL history to the post season in 3 years is perhaps the most success you could possibly have in that time.

Again, they went from 0-16 to the playoffs. That's a real feat, no matter that they fell back to earth. And "lasted two years?" Again. Worst team. Ever. 0-16 to 6-10 is a jump, let alone to the playoffs the year after. Also, the fans don't have a say. Referencing "run out of town" is just a way of trying to spread blame to a fan base and it's stupid.

Schwartz's D manhandled Manning and Rodgers in back-to-back weeks, and I recall it being one of the most incredible defenses I had ever seen. When we got to third down I had no doubt we would pressure the QB and force a turnover on downs. I would have done everything in my power to keep that scheme in tact. I believe the mistake has already been made, and all this wishful thinking will only bring about more depression to the fan base. We are going into full Rex mode. These players will slowly be removed from the team. We're headed for 20+ years, folks.

Swartz as DC/assistant HC title....Rex fires Thurmun abd crowns Swartz king of the D....he will come back. Then Rex keeps his hand out of the D and makes decisions on game day. Everybody's happy and Bills start winning. Solved!

he could have done that in the first place. Rex is 1st and foremost a defensive guy and will never give up his baby. Rex and Schwartz run polar opposite defenses and there is no way they are working together.