Firing Rex could save Marcel Dareus Career

Rex has been figured out his complicated defense's are to slow for today's fast paced game. He's got to go now before it gets worse

Hiring Schwartz back would be easier then blowing up this D. Bringing the Schwartz back would be an easy transition if it comes with keeping everything else intact like the Offense. He can fire Special teams coach but that's not much of a transition

If you believe Chris Brown, Schwartz wanted the HC job or he would walk. Would he come back as DC now?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can eat it if he wants. He ate $4MM on Marrone. That's off the books now. He took a beating get out from under a bunch of bad free agent deals with the Sabres. The thing about Pegula is he isn't afraid to admit a mistake and start fresh. Rex is not safe IMO.

It's not like it's coming out of his pockets the NFL is a profitable sport. The move will pay for itself

A few days ago I came across an article bout Albert Haynesworth and how he wished he never left Tennessee to go Washington. He stated it was the scheme change that ruined his career. Albert went from Jim Schwartz 4-3 to a 2 gap 3-4 scheme sound familiar? Schwartz scheme is tailored specifically for DTs. He helped get career yrs out of very talented players like Albert ,Suh & Marcel.

The Bills front office got to start thinking about that 100 million deal they gave Marcel instead of the 20 that's left on Rex deal. It's time to admit we made a mistake and make the logical move by bringing back Schwartz. I think they can get him for modest price bout 3 mil per yr so it can soften the blow of Rex big deal.

Schwartz is looking to get back to head coaching and I really don't think he's gonna get any offers other then Buffalo. He'll come cheap and with certain restrictions like not being able to pick his offensive coaches. We should keep the whole offensive staff in place to keep continuity on that side of the ball. This is perfect timing because Detroit is about to can there Coaches and that will allow Teryll Austin to jump ship with his mentor Jim Schwartz. Wide9 reunited... This move is imperative to us getting back on track. I believe Schwartz learned from his past mistakes in Detroit and will run a tight ship this time especially since he sees what just happened here with Rex lack of professionalism and focus.

Bringing back Schwartz allows us to

#1-Stop the bickering and confusion on and off the field.

#2- Bring back the Cold Front DLine. Which will be centered on Marcel & Company going back to there natural positions and protecting our investments.

#3- Move Preston Brown back to where he flourished as a will Lber.

#4- Move Corey Graham back to Corner given us an elite set of cb's in the NFL Gilmore, Darby,Graham & Robey.

#5- Last but not least the Fans will be back in full force. Fans will renew there season tixs just so they can see this Defense get back to where it belongs as a dominating force in the NFL.

Bow happy holidays fellas

I think he might do better for Mario who has fallen off a cliff in this system.

That said I doubt we bring him back, so we are going to have to get rid of these players and get ones that Rex and then in a couple yrs we can fire Rex

we are also glorifying the !@#$ out of him. he rises higher and higher on the pedestal day by day

Jim Schwartz once made love to my wife and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

TO JIM SCHWARTZ!

SNL_0926_15_Airport_Bar.png

Can we stop the fire Rex threads already? It's not happening. Find something positive to post please. This subject is an utter, absolute dead end.

I am very excited for next year as Darby, Miller, Karlos and TT will be conditioning and preparing like NFL starters in our system for an entire offseason, WRs and LBs wll be added and a good offense will become great and a new defense will become potent again. get positive people. we got a good thing here.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

we are also glorifying the !@#$ out of him. he rises higher and higher on the pedestal day by day

This is driven by our pain....

As long as Rex is HC I don't think it matters who the DC is, they are just the puppet leading Rex's scheme.

If you believe Chris Brown, Schwartz wanted the HC job or he would walk. Would he come back as DC now?

we all know the answer is no. when the mass NFL HC firings occur next month, Schwartz is in the mix for a HC job and might get one. He would have been in the mix last year had he been available.

we all know the answer is no. when the mass NFL HC firings occur next month, Schwartz is in the mix for a HC job and might get one. He would have been in the mix last year had he been available.

i could see him succeeding in Tennesee.

Dareus has had a tough year. not sure much of his family is still alive; lots of violent death and tragedy in his family and friends. don't have all the details, but this super young guy probably just survived mentally this year. you saw nothing of the joyful kid we saw in prior seasons. this kid is hurting I suspect, and I suspenct it has little to do with defensive scheme changes.

Miami showed interest in him as a DC, he turned them down. He certainly wants a head coaching gig. I am not sure he deserves one though, despite the savior status he has with a lot of Bills fans. Would Bills fans have pulled out the pitchforks on him year 1 or year 2 in Detroit? :lol:

2-14 2009

6-10 2010

10-6 2011

4-12 2012

7-9 2013

Edited by What a Tuel

Miami showed interest in him as a DC, he turned them down. He certainly wants a head coaching gig. I am not sure he deserves one though, despite the savior status he has with a lot of Bills fans. Would Bills fans have pulled out the pitchforks on him year 1 or year 2 in Detroit? :lol:

2-14 2009

6-10 2010

10-6 2011

4-12 2012

7-9 2013

He took over an 0-16 roster. How does everyone forget this? His first 3 years were very promising.

Edited by FireChan

Fire Rex's defensive staff (keep Henderson). Get a DC to run a 4-3. They like Rex as a figure head. He doesn't need to be DC too

I think this is closer to the mark.

I expect some movement in Bills Defensive Coaches.

Edited by 3rdand12

This is how this should play out.

Approach Rex and tell him to hire a DC who will maximize the Ds potential.

If he has a problem or refuses. Give him a choice

Quit or become THE Football Czar.

Pay him his salary for another position. Pegs won't eat the 18 mil. And we can have our cake and eat it to.

If he quits we are off the hook for his salary.

Imo

This is how this should play out.

Approach Rex and tell him to hire a DC who will maximize the Ds potential.

If he has a problem or refuses. Give him a choice

Quit or become THE Football Czar.

Pay him his salary for another position. Pegs won't eat the 18 mil. And we can have our cake and eat it to.

If he quits we are off the hook for his salary.

Imo

Rather than Football Czar, I'd put him on toilet cleaning duty. We'd want them extra clean for $5 million per year. Damn those silly contracts provisions preventing such fairness!

Rex signed a 5 year, $27.5 million contract. Pegula is rich, but he can't eat that.

According to google Pegs is worth 4 billion. If Pegs eats 20 million of Rex's contract that is 0.5% of his total net worth.

The average american's net worth is 300k. 0.5% of 300k is 1500 bucks, which is basically the cost of 2 season tickets plus parking/tailgating expenses.

Pegs can certainly afford to fire rex and not even notice.

Jim Schwartz once made love to my wife and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

TO JIM SCHWARTZ!

SNL_0926_15_Airport_Bar.png

Jim Schwartz fought all 32 NFL HC's and knocked them out with one punch!

To Jim Schwartz!

I heard he shut out 19 opponents in a row one season...and won the Super Bowl with 11 defensive linemen blitzing every down!