Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

Well that's tantamount to the same thing. It's Rex's staff. This, and redoing the D to get Rex-type players, I think, will be a bumpy path.

Bet he does. Look for some sort of consultant to come in. I think that's how TP thinks.

A consultant is not the same thing as a czar. One is external with counsel/advice, while the other is internal and wields ultimate authority.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they hire Tales from the Crypt Polian it will get even worse. Whaley has done a good job with personnel. If he was the initiator of Rex then it is on him. If he agreed to the Pegulas wishes IMO he shouldn't be punished for that,

Disagree. I'd take Polians n a heart beat. Contrary to what some believe, the game has not passed him by. That's a stupid cliche, any way. What proof do you have to the contrary?

Go into any sports shop outside of the Buffalo area and try to find Bills merchandise - good luck. Who ever is in charge of our marketing is terrible. Need to put training camp back in Fredonia.

crazy that I only see Bengals and Browns stuff in Ohio! What is up with the marketing?

Lol - order it online if you want Bills stuff?

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think both of these rumors are true. They are not mutually exclusive. Whaley will indeed keep the title of GM. And his role will likely be lessened if a football czar is hired. Heck, will Rex reporting directly to Pegula, Whaley's role was already lessened. It actually points to Pegula having little trust in Whaley as this isn't the structure the Sabres have. Tim Murray is in charge of everything.

I think both of these rumors are true. They are not mutually exclusive. Whaley will indeed keep the title of GM. And his role will likely be lessened if a football czar is hired. Heck, will Rex reporting directly to Pegula, Whaley's role was already lessened. It actually points to Pegula having little trust in Whaley as this isn't the structure the Sabres have. Tim Murray is in charge of everything.

At least half the NFL has the same structure of the Bills and most of the more recent restructures have the HC and GM reporting separately to the owner. It has no bearing on how much power that Whaley does or doesn't have.

IMO if they hire a czar, Whaley will resign.

At least half the NFL has the same structure of the Bills and most of the more recent restructures have the HC and GM reporting separately to the owner. It has no bearing on how much power that Whaley does or doesn't have.

Talk about a win-win.

Disagree. I'd take Polians n a heart beat. Contrary to what some believe, the game has not passed him by. That's a stupid cliche, any way. What proof do you have to the contrary?

The Indianapolis Colts. Outside of a lucking into Manning...what exactly about that team inspired confidence?

Queue the posters who will be pizzed, but will want to know for how much and how many years.

If the Bills go into 2016 with Rex and all the same assistants, it's going to be a long 2016 season of the same. You'll still have the penalties and a team built to compete in a league circa 2000.

I think a 7-9 finish (I expect the over-amped, undisciplined Bills to lose next Sunday to a determined, focused Jets team) demands substantial changes in how things get done.

Not only did you miss all of your goals, you're two games worse than Doug Marrone with your hotshot hire and that has to sting the Pegulas.

Edited by dpberr

The Indianapolis Colts. Outside of a lucking into Manning...what exactly about that team inspired confidence?

I understand the criticism of Polian right now, but the fact of the matter is that he built a very good Indy team -- pretty good o-line, great HOF-worthy RB in James, a good TE in Clark, and a great, HOF-worthy receiver in Wayne (he didn't draft Harrison). Plus Freeney, Mathis, and Bob Sanders were all great players, and Mathis and Freeney are borderline HOF players--both have 118 lifetime sacks. They had great pass rushers who could bring it at the end of a game (as both those guys proved over the last two weeks, in fact). Between 2002 and 2009, they had 5 top ten defenses. It was a great team.

Edited by dave mcbride

If the Bills go into 2016 with Rex and all the same assistants, it's going to be a long 2016 season of the same. You'll still have the penalties and a team built to compete in a league circa 2000.

I think a 7-9 finish (I expect the over-amped, undisciplined Bills to lose next Sunday to a determined, focused Jets team) demands substantial changes in how things get done.

Not only did you miss all of your goals, you're two games worse than Doug Marrone with your hotshot hire and that has to sting the Pegulas.

Would you mind telling me the next winning power ball combination. Thanks. :thumbsup: