Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

This guy Joe Chenelly has a source somewhere at OBD. He's had some info in the past. Fwiw:

@jchenelly: Current GM Doug Whaley will need to accept a lesser role w/ the #Bills if he is to remain with the team at all. There will be a new chief.

@Nagle_23: @jchenelly where you getting this info from

@jchenelly: @Nagle_23 Personal friend who is in the know and OK with me sharing, as has been the case for about a year.

@nickellion79: @MikeSilver @RaiderBounty @Na_Na_Nesci @JeremyWGR Mike any chance you think they realize they made a mistake with Rex?

@jchenelly: @nickellion79 Yes. But the person who will decide Rex Ryan's fate is not yet working for the team. #Bills

@nickellion79: @jchenelly Joe you are always well connected. What is going on at OBD right now?

@jchenelly: @nickellion79 A lot of disappointment. There may be some trigger-happy folks after today's game.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe there is hope after all. Pegula is not stupid and probably is seeing the organization is a mess so the right way t build it is hire the guy who than hires the coach and rest of football staff like scouts etc. plus his son tweet about the defense yesterday shows that things are not going well for the RX Ryan show

Edited by bills_fan_in_raleigh

Well maybe there is hope after all. Pegula is not stupid and probably is seeing the organization is a mess so the right way t build it is hire the guy who than hires the coach and rest of football staff like scouts etc. plus his son tweet about the defense yesterday shows that things are not going well for the RX Ryan show

Well Brandon is still with the team and he was the guy who said about Rex "Don't let him leave the building". So I won't say they are stupid but extremely gulliable allowing one used car salesmen to sell them on another.

If they hire Tales from the Crypt Polian it will get even worse. Whaley has done a good job with personnel. If he was the initiator of Rex then it is on him. If he agreed to the Pegulas wishes IMO he shouldn't be punished for that,

Whaley has problems with Impulse control. When he likes someone he dramatically OVER VALUES them and will dramatically overspend for them.

If they hire Tales from the Crypt Polian it will get even worse. Whaley has done a good job with personnel. If he was the initiator of Rex then it is on him. If he agreed to the Pegulas wishes IMO he shouldn't be punished for that,

I agree with this. Whaley has assembled a better roster than we have had previously.

I question a lot of rexs decisions this year but I don't know if changing coaches again is the right answer either.

Ugghh we are stuck in purgatory

@jchenelly: Cost won't be factor in deciding who's brought in to fix big picture. Lots of respect for Whaley & scouts. But failed in big picture. #Bills

@jchenelly: @rmarx188 My opinion is that Whaley won't want to give up power, he isn't especially happy anymore, but he wants to see this through.

I do partly agree with this. I am not big into canning a coach after the first year but this was a big mistake hiring and it is brutally obvious. Whaley I don't know. He has done some good things, he also has done some things that are fireable offenses. Drafting EJ & then pushing him on not one but 2 coaching staffs, trading up for Watkins when we could of had Beckham if we just sat tight. I don't know tough call.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm still stunned that this season has played out the way it has. I was on board with the idea of Rex, but I'm really starting to see that it's a mistake and he just hands out jobs to his buddies and he isn't flexible enough to change things to use what works.

Well Brandon is still with the team and he was the guy who said about Rex "Don't let him leave the building". So I won't say they are stupid but extremely gulliable allowing one used car salesmen to sell them on another.

Whaley has problems with Impulse control. When he likes someone he dramatically OVER VALUES them and will dramatically overspend for them.

Totally agree with you about Whaley over values some players.

The Legend of Doug Whaley > The Legend of Kiko Alonzo.

He's had his moments, taken some risks, and made a lot of the kind of moves we as fans have wanted to see for a while, but he's done nothing worthy of the praise he gets from the fans (or at least a sizeable chunk of the fan base.)

The extent to which people go to defend him is amusing too. I get that Rex has been a disappointment, but to hear some of you talk one would think he'd taken over a dominating squad rather than a glorified .500 team.

I did not know this. Brandon reminds me of a barker at a cheap carnival, except he is about big time money. It's all he knows and really all that Ralph probably ever wanted from him.

I just want to see someone from the outside who has success in the nfl brought in at a high level, and build from the top down. Nobody there has a clue on how to win in the nfl and it shows on the field.

I don't care if the guy wants to tear it down to the studs and we need to go through a few 2 win seasons to get there... I am done with 5 to 8 win seasons. I want a sustainably good football program. Rex Ryans WWE crap isn't that.

Edited by May Day 10

The above is beyond dispute and there are now countless examples.

Someone said in another thread that Bills Fans tend to get behind and blindly support someone who doesn't completely suck. Well I have seen this many, many times and that is Whaley imo. He IS bad but he doesn't 100%, totally suck like Rex.

Either way, if they get rid if Whaley I will either not care or be slightly glad.

Again, jmo.