What NOBODY is really talking about that does worry me a lot

This team is fricken decimated by injuries

We got a little healthy when we came out of our bye......and took the next 2 games after that

but look at this team now......This reminds me of that Michael Jordan move playing the monstars in Space Jam and looking over at his sideline with everyone hurt (poor tweetie bird in the iron lung)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many teams are banged up. The Pats are in trouble and the Steelers are ailing, We just got beat playing a team with 3rd stringers on the O-line. If we are a playoff team, we will find a way to win a must win do or die game like this at home. Tyrod, McCoy and Watkins need to step up and take over.

We got a little healthy when we came out of our bye......and took the next 2 games after that

but look at this team now......This reminds me of that Michael Jordan move playing the monstars in Space Jam and looking over at his sideline with everyone hurt (poor tweetie bird in the iron lung)

Haha. Great analogy.

The narrative to explain away the lack of wins in 2014 and I guess now in 2015 has been that Doug Whaley added so much talent to the roster.

Well, if that were the case, wouldn't these injuries not hurt the team as much? Or could it be roster depth isn't so good? :bag:

And I might give them some room if it were losing Taylor for the season or an extended period. But this is a team that hasn't lost their QB long term.

Another example of how the NFL results are dictated to a large extent (larger than most realize) by randomness. There is some element of skill to avoiding injuries, but not a lot can be done about many of the injuries players suffer in NFL. Getting an injury or injuries to key players at the wrong time can sink your season. I know about depth and the next man up and as a coach you have to do that. Deep down though all coach's are holding their breath about injuries to certain players or position groups. For example, with the salary cap and roster limits, most teams only have 7 or 8 O-Lineman. Not all that hard to get 3-4 or even more to these guys and be really scrambling. And this without even going into the QB, or having guys already playing at less than 100%. Not an excuse, just the reality and randomness.

Edited by The Thurmanator

Agreed on the Jacksonville game. The injury at QB position lead directly to 21 points handed over to the other team. I will blame coaching on not putting a better plan in place that would have mitigated that risk, though. We should've just kept running McCoy all day long until we grinded out a win even if it was like 10-7

Edited by SF Bills Fan

I don't remember last year being this bad. Did we have a lot of injuries last year? This year, it seems like the whole team is gutted out.

Last year we were unbelievably healthy, which is part of why I was worried about a step back this year.

Quite frankly this team was a mess in training camp and never recovered.

But Rex said it's an award winning training staff. I think this is the most injured team we have ever had and this staff did not prepare these players in the off season. Sammy was never ready. Leodis took forever to get fixed and then to heal. McCoy was never right. On and on.

Rex said the defense was going to be awesome too.

Rex says a lot.

Rex has delivered little.

The narrative to explain away the lack of wins in 2014 and I guess now in 2015 has been that Doug Whaley added so much talent to the roster.

Well, if that were the case, wouldn't these injuries not hurt the team as much? Or could it be roster depth isn't so good? :bag:

And I might give them some room if it were losing Taylor for the season or an extended period. But this is a team that hasn't lost their QB long term.

We had 9 wins in 2014, which whilst not enough for the play-offs was certainly encouraging.

The problem on this team is not the roster depth per se (although they lost a couple of key depth players before the season even arrived) it is coaching.