What NOBODY is really talking about that does worry me a lot

This team is fricken decimated by injuries

We got a little healthy when we came out of our bye......and took the next 2 games after that

but look at this team now......This reminds me of that Michael Jordan move playing the monstars in Space Jam and looking over at his sideline with everyone hurt (poor tweetie bird in the iron lung)

Welcome to week 13 in the NFL!

Looking back at how the RB's were oft injured past seasons I don't see it as worse than prior seasons.

Injuries happen season after season.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite frankly this team was a mess in training camp and never recovered.

But Rex said it's an award winning training staff. I think this is the most injured team we have ever had and this staff did not prepare these players in the off season. Sammy was never ready. Leodis took forever to get fixed and then to heal. McCoy was never right. On and on.

Rex said the defense was going to be awesome too.

Rex says a lot.

Rex has delivered little.

And you know this? Any chance they worked their tails off to get them ready and sheet happens with injuries?JEEZ

Edited by The Thurmanator

Welcome to week 13 in the NFL!

Exactly. Every team is beat up. Many fans, whose teams are not doing as well as they'd hoped, focus on factors like injuries. Fans of teams at the top of the heap focus on things like what players stepped up when others went down.

The narrative to explain away the lack of wins in 2014 and I guess now in 2015 has been that Doug Whaley added so much talent to the roster.

Well, if that were the case, wouldn't these injuries not hurt the team as much? Or could it be roster depth isn't so good? :bag:

And I might give them some room if it were losing Taylor for the season or an extended period. But this is a team that hasn't lost their QB long term.

I feel the majority of the losses are pinned more on the coaching staff and poor decisions rather than performance of the players or depth. JMO

Cheers

We had 9 wins in 2014, which whilst not enough for the play-offs was certainly encouraging.

The problem on this team is not the roster depth per se (although they lost a couple of key depth players before the season even arrived) it is coaching.

Even with that "win" let's review the win count for the past 6 seasons: 4, 6, 6, 6, 9, _.

This year they'll probably finish with 7-9 wins, yet, players are aging and contracts expiring / nearing their end.

You cannot continue being mediocre and think there is no price for doing so. It's not good enough to ride the rails of mediocrity and 7, 8, or 9 wins is just that.

Edited by BillsVet

Where the hell is Rusty Jones? He was here last year with Jim Schwartz as I recall.

that is the great myth which has been exposed. Injuries continue to mount everywhere around the league. This is truly a game of attrition which will only get worse as players get bigger, stronger, & faster. It has nothing to do with Rusty Jones, I'm afraid.

Even with that "win" let's review the win count for the past 6 seasons: 4, 6, 6, 6, 9, _.

This year they'll probably finish with 7-9 wins, yet, players are aging and contracts expiring / nearing their end.

You cannot continue being mediocre and think there is no price for doing so. It's not good enough to ride the rails of mediocrity and 7, 8, or 9 wins is just that.

I think what's most concerning about the situation is that they went out and spent so much on new acquisitions (as well as retaining players), yet will have no additional wins to show for it. I am not a fan of building a team by spending big in free agency, but I worry that the recent spending will mean that Bills will actually lose some talent in the offseason. The offensive line is a giant, flashing, red light. Glenn and Incognito are free agents and they're the best two offensive linemen the Bills have. Imagine trying to fix this line if they both walk.

This This This This x1,123,243!

If you are going to miss the playoffs you might as well miss them badly.

Doing this constant mediocre season leaves you with a mediocre draft position, not letting you grab the top end draft talent.

F*(%!

And I haven't said that. I simply pointed out that 9 wins was positive and the reason we have taken a step back in my mind is 100% down to coaching.

And I haven't said that. I simply pointed out that 9 wins was positive and the reason we have taken a step back in my mind is 100% down to coaching.

I completely agree. Looks like Rex is about to do the same as marrone or slightly worse, despite a better roster than marrone had. That's poor coaching.

It was positive, but when 2014 ended and the ante was upped in the first quarter of 2015 it didn't become the baseline for this season. Playoffs became the goal and remains so today. Thus, why I take issue with advancing the narrative that it's anything less.

As for what ails this team, I see the narrative pushed now that it's all coaching. Well, this being a team game, it can't all be one thing. Personnel acquisition, coaching, and players all share in wins and losses. There's clearly fault among those three aspects that go into putting a team on the field.

This is a nuanced subject, so it'll be distorted to

If you are going to miss the playoffs you might as well miss them badly.

Doing this constant mediocre season leaves you with a mediocre draft position, not letting you grab the top end draft talent.

Do you think the team decides before the season to barely miss the playoffs? Should they decide before the season to miss badly?

I think we've tried like you know what to make the playoffs every year since 2001. Just hasn't happened. Maybe this year. (or next :)).

It was positive, but when 2014 ended and the ante was upped in the first quarter of 2015 it didn't become the baseline for this season. Playoffs became the goal and remains so today. Thus, why I take issue with advancing the narrative that it's anything less.

As for what ails this team, I see the narrative pushed now that it's all coaching. Well, this being a team game, it can't all be one thing. Personnel acquisition, coaching, and players all share in wins and losses. There's clearly fault among those three aspects that go into putting a team on the field.

This is a nuanced subject, so it'll be distorted to

I didn't say the goal was anything less than play-offs. However, I don't believe the reasons for the failure are anywhere near as nuanced as you do. It isn't a narrative I am pushing that it is coaching... that is my honest opinion. 100% might be an exaggeration I grant you but this is overwhelmingly on Rex and his staff for me.