Enhance your calm...

hmsmystic

Beat the Hoyer led Texans. 6-6 > 5-7.

Beat the Sanchez led Eagles. 7-6 > 5-8.

Beat the Cousins led Redskins. 8-6 > 5-9.

Beat the Cassel led Cowboys. 9-6 > 5-10.

Beat the Fitzpatrick led Jets. 10-6 > 5-11.

We can whine about what could have been after this season, but I am holding out hope.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sort of over the whole give em time mantra. Its borderline delusional to suggest that a career loser with VERY ISOLATED success who just took a top 5 defense and ran it into the ground, just needs more time to impose his magical genius in the bills defense.

I'm normally pragmatic on these things, but I just can't get behind what amounts to blatant, clear contrasted results. This top defense has been horrible. And it's the same list of guys.

Any defensive scheme that has Marcell Dareus, Mario Williams and Kyle Williams dropping into zone pass coverage is INSANE!

The DB who has under achieved his whole career due to ball skills and lack of anticipation is taking snaps at SAFETY???

Dareus a space eater just main ting gaps instead of the penetrating force he has been that landed him 100 million?

A team averaging 3.5 sacks per game over two seasons with two different schemes and the same players now averages 1/gm?

Make no mistake, what he has done to this defense is a disaster. It's shocking how poorly they have played this season.

What else are we waiting to see?

We can whine about what could have been after this season, but I am holding out hope.

:beer::beer:

So wait, now the D isn't good because of the personnel? The same personnel that was good enough for top 5 Ds the last two years? The same personnel who Rex was chomping at the bit for because it was more talent than he's had since Baltimore?

The team was on the cusp of the playoffs because of the D. So now you're saying that both the D and the O needed to be overhauled for Rex to be successful? And your post was supposed to be a positive spin on things?

My sentiments exactly. Let's ignore Rex's manifest incompetence and his dismantling of the defense. We'll just turn over all the players and two years from now we'll go 9-7.

Give me your address and I'll send you $50 after the Bills win their next five games.

Patience is a dirty word around here for some who fail to understand how much has actually changed in 14 months, but things are still trending up for this franchise in a big way.

:wallbash:

My sentiments exactly. Let's ignore Rex's manifest incompetence and his dismantling of the defense. We'll just turn over all the players and two years from now we'll go 9-7.

Give me your address and I'll send you $50 after the Bills win their next five games.

:wallbash:

You don't think things are trending up overall with this franchise? Really? Let's review what's transpired in the past 14 months:

1. Bills are for the first time in two decades stable. No threat of moving.

2. Bills have for the first time in franchise history one of the NFL's deepest pocket owners, and a willingness to spend said money.

3. Bills are 14-13 over the past 27 games -- not world beaters but the trend is pointed up.

4. Bills have elite playmakers on both sides of the ball: McCoy, Watkins, Clay, Mario, Hughes, Gilmore, Darby -- all under contract for the foreseeable future (Gilmore being the exception)

Rex has sucked out loud at times this year and the team has been slower than many expected to adapt to the schematic changes on both sides of the ball. Despite this, they're still very much in the thick of the hunt with 5 very winnable games left to go. Do I expect them to win out? No. Is it possible? Certainly. Will they make the playoffs this year? Chances are still slim. Does this mean the Bills are stuck in the same cycle? Absolutely not.

...Well absolutely not unless you wish to overlook the monumental changes this franchise has endured in the past 14 months.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

I never understand the "I demand a winner NOW!" posts. What do these people think, they aren't trying?

If people are tired of waiting 16 years (and it will probably be more), they are free to get off the bus at any time.

The "I demand a winner NOW!" types are the Daniel Snyders of fandom. I'll take patience over petulance.

The Cardinals have been patient in their development, despite not having an elite quarterback fall to them in the draft. They are an excellent pattern to remember. In fact, most of the NFC West falls into the same category. SF seems to have gotten impatient recently and then it went BOOM! I'm all for staying the course.

I would cite Cincinnati as another example with Marvin Lewis as coach.

I live in Cardinals country and am quietly rooting for them as team #2- it does help dull the pain

The Cardinals have been my #2 team since Neil Lomax played for them if that gives you any indication. I have probably endured as much suffering liking the Cardinals as I have being a Bills fan.

Oh, did I mention that I also like the Sabres and Tampa Bay Buccaneers too? At least I have one team that I like that has won a championship during my lifetime!

Edited by Bacchus44

BOOMER...

SOONER!!!

It couldn't hurt.

Good luck Handwich. My heart hurts every time I see that Jimmy Kimmel NYE commercial. 4 losses in 4 years and a National championship though, can't complain. Hoping for Rose Bowl (my favorite bowl anyway, old school big 10)! Edited by YoloinOhio

well stated and I agree with most, as far as going to the playoffs it's really 50/50 I can see them making it and also see them get squeezed out. A coach in his first year with a new team rarely takes them to the playoffs it's too much to over come typically. New offensive scheme, new defensive scheme new players new coaches for us throw in a ton of injuries. The rest I agree with- back off the fire Rex bullsh*t, first they have 5 games to go see how it finishes. Good teams don't keep switching teams the Browns and Bills do

So if Rex s the guy to,lead us and is sold on a 3-4 than why the heck did Whaley sign Darius to 100M contract. he is anot a NT. We don't have the LBs for a 3-4 and kiko might have been a good fit. I am NT arguing we should have kept kiko over shady since kiko is injured, delclined as first season went on etc. It's not clear that whalye and Rex are anywhere close to the same page.

Sorry, but I'm a nonbeliever. Rex has shown me ZERO to think that he will take us to the promised land in a couple years. I understand that he doesn't have the personnel to run his 3-4, but I struggle with him not using the strengths of his players (i.e. Dropping Dareus into coverage!)

I don't like that he hasn't had us well-prepared for games. I don't like that we're playing without urgency and undisciplined at key moments. I want to believe, but I don't see these things changing, even if he gets the players he wants.

He was a shiny new car when we got him. But I think he's a better marketer than he is a coach. And although Pegula may not dump him and eat $20M after this year, the city of Buffalo will run him out of town. These fans deserve better, and all Rex has been is a huge let down. I've been vocal with my opinions toward Rex as a coach. He may be a great guy, but I wouldn't miss him one bit if we started over tomorrow. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Edited by Playoffs?

Good luck Handwich. My heart hurts every time I see that Jimmy Kimmel NYE commercial. 4 losses in 4 years and a National championship though, can't complain. Hoping for Rose Bowl (my favorite bowl anyway, old school big 10)!

Kimmel? Link? I have no idea?

Long term view helps with short term pain!

Exactly, and I agree 2170 is our year!

Enhance Your Calm. I thought this was going to be a Legalize Marijuana Thread. :lol:

We could bring Ricky Williams out of retirement as a backup, but please leave the wedding dress in the closet.