An enemies perspective on the game

PatsFanNH

1. God awful refereeing -- Between the missed late hits on Both QB's to the inadvertant whistle, to not stopping the clock on the last play. Way way to many mistakes and why did they have to huddle up for every dang call!!

2. Injuries -- Both teams got Key players dinged up, I hope none on either side are season ending. (Pats were down to LaFell and UDFA (just called up from PS) Harper at WR lol)

3. The Bills D brought it big time last night Brady was hit alot and you could tell the Oline was confused on who to block. Great game plan bythe Bills

4. I thought the Pats D also played a great game and Butler for the second week in a row pretty much neutralized a top tier WR. (That one catch by Watson was sick!)

5. Very good game and the Special teams fumble made a big big difference.

Glad we are done with you guys till at least the playoffs, good luck from here on out.

The Pats - and often their fans - are reviled in Western New York.

But your posts are always classy.

Agree with your observations. Thought it was interesting to see Brady give up on so many plays by throwing the ball away. Proud of our D for the most part.

But it was hard to run on your D. They're ranked high for good reason. And TT just played poorly.

Embarrassingly bad game by the refs.

I disagree, it changed the hole complection of the game. I would bet the Bills go for it in the 4th quarter instead of taking the FG. Who knows maybe it works and the game gets tied.. but being down 2 scores you take the 3 and hope to get a chance get the TD later.

Of course they probably go for it on that 4th down. But, even if by some miracle they make it? No way they stop the hold off a last minute FG and lose the game. I've seen that game at least dozen times.

The bigger issue there was they got a good play, its 1st down on the 15 with time running out in the game, needing 2 scores. Yet, they call plays like its the 1st quarter and they're at the 50yd line. Not a single play for the endzone. At some point, you have to realize the situation you're in and go for it.

1. God awful refereeing -- Between the missed late hits on Both QB's to the inadvertant whistle, to not stopping the clock on the last play. Way way to many mistakes and why did they have to huddle up for every dang call!!

2. Injuries -- Both teams got Key players dinged up, I hope none on either side are season ending. (Pats were down to LaFell and UDFA (just called up from PS) Harper at WR lol)

3. The Bills D brought it big time last night Brady was hit alot and you could tell the Oline was confused on who to block. Great game plan bythe Bills

4. I thought the Pats D also played a great game and Butler for the second week in a row pretty much neutralized a top tier WR. (That one catch by Watson was sick!)

Glad we are done with you guys till at least the playoffs, good luck from here on out.

If Watkins had Brady throwing to him, Butler would have been toast. Watkins was open all night, as he has been all year, but for some reason, Taylor just can't trust what he sees and can't throw with anticipation to save his life.

GO BILLS!!!

Question, isn't this like the 3rd or 4th MNF game where the Refs been just Awful?? (I rememberTHE ANNOUNCERS EVEN SAYING "YET ANOTHER BAD GAME FOR THE REFS ON mONDAY NIGHT")

Easy after a win...

Well I try always stay classy win or lose. I mean I remember the 1-15 year that brought us Drew Bledsoe, or the miracle year in 1986 when Tony Eason got killed by the bears D. (I also remember thinking they could win after they got the TO early but then our star WR broke his leg on a pass ad we settled for a FG) So I know how losing goes, even tough embarrassing losses.

If Watkins had Brady throwing to him, Butler would have been toast. Watkins was open all night, as he has been all year, but for some reason, Taylor just can't trust what he sees and can't throw with anticipation to save his life.

GO BILLS!!!

Think a lot of people are not remembering it was windy out there even Brady had issues of underthrowing balls.

I disagree, it changed the hole complection of the game. I would bet the Bills go for it in the 4th quarter instead of taking the FG. Who knows maybe it works and the game gets tied.. but being down 2 scores you take the 3 and hope to get a chance get the TD later.

Butler is not Elite, t least not yet. Why would any competent coach leave a CB 1 on 1 to be beat deep like that?? Butler coverd Watkins very well and on almost every play. (IMO of course) I dare say he is just as good as Revis would be for us THIS year. 9key word there is THIS lol)

I agree Butler is a very good CB, but the safety help he had allowed him to cheat on the short to intermediate passing game. This is part of the respect I have for Belichick, he took deep ball Sammy out of the game with man coverage by Butler and Safety help literally over the top very often on passing plays. It allows Butler to play with confidence knowing that he doesnt have to worry about getting beat deep. I have not seen the 22, but the broadcast showed this scenario playing out often, I cant recall seeing a defense shade the single high safety almost directly over a WR like that, leaving the other 2/3 of the deep field exposed. Ever...

Knee jerk reaction in comparing Revis and Butler is that Revis played with less Safety help in last weeks game than Butler did last night. Make no mistake about it, IMO Butler is up and coming, probably arrived, but to say he did it alone would just be ignorant.

Exactly. I keep seeing posters upset saying McKelvin lost us the game. I just don't get how people can watch the game and completely ignore the most important aspects of the game.

His fumbles led to 3pts on the board. Big deal. The biggest killer in this game was going prevent and giving up a touchdown in the final minute, literally, of the first half. That was the the difference in the game right there.

Throw in a nice helping of Roman's short, conservative game plan falling right into Bellidicks defensive plan. The offense looked bad. And couldn't move the ball most of the nighg, especially when we needed it the most.

The McCoy drop, then subsequent missed FG, followed by the prevent defense in which they blew the coverage (Mario not taking the back, or Graham not getting over to the backside fast enough then missing the tackle) changed the momentum of the game IMO. That a huge 7 point swing against buffalo. Instead of going into the half up 10-3, they are down 10-3. That last minute of the first half was game changing, and that sequence of events IMO was where the game was really lost, Buffalo failed to capitalize.

No seam routes or anything into the middle of the field and no backside bootlegs or bootlegs in general was mystifying to me as the play calling went, I thought the game plan in regards to the passing game was extremely vanilla, and I am starting to wonder if TT has what it takes.

Edited by P51

Think a lot of people are not remembering it was windy out there even Brady had issues of underthrowing balls.

It seems you're only thinking of the missed deep balls. Sammy was open underneath all game too. Brady wasn't missing those throws to Amendola. Tyrod wasn't taking those throws, or even looking at him for that matter.

I agree, but there were two WAY WAY late hits (One on each QB) that I was shocked no flag came out for. (they were not hard hits but Taylor got hurt on his late hit. )

I agree, and MOST CB going get beat by a great WR from time to time... but on the hole I thought Butler did well against Watkins.

Please, non of those hits were late. See Most QBs get hit like that during a course of a game. & usually unless your name is Brady/Rodgers/Manning it usually doesn't get a flag. I was shocked too that they didn't throw the flag a few times on the bills. Usually when anybody gets within 2 yards of Brady they throw the flag. Kuddos to the refs for at least letting both teams play the game the way it was meant to be played last night.

It seems you're only thinking of the missed deep balls. Sammy was open underneath all game too. Brady wasn't missing those throws to Amendola. Tyrod wasn't taking those throws, or even looking at him for that matter.

Without looking back, I thought Watkins was covered well underneath. But again since he wasnt thrown to we dont really know.

Question, isn't this like the 3rd or 4th MNF game where the Refs been just Awful?? (I rememberTHE ANNOUNCERS EVEN SAYING "YET ANOTHER BAD GAME FOR THE REFS ON mONDAY NIGHT")

Well I try always stay classy win or lose. I mean I remember the 1-15 year that brought us Drew Bledsoe, or the miracle year in 1986 when Tony Eason got killed by the bears D. (I also remember thinking they could win after they got the TO early but then our star WR broke his leg on a pass ad we settled for a FG) So I know how losing goes, even tough embarrassing losses.

Good God, please, tell me more about the pats*** losing some games in the 80's...

GO BILLS!!!

I am also starting to think this is the case, or maybe worse; He's not seeing it to begin with...

Pre-snap recognition really seems to be lacking...

Not sure I would say Watkins was open all night, as he was doubled most of the game, but there were some times I saw he wasnt doubled and open, but not looked or thrown at. Pre-snap recognition lacking?

one more thing. I am not saying they were both clear cut inteference penalties(the first one on hogan was definately PI, the second one on the watkins play was borderline), but if that was NE or Denver or Green Bay on offense & those plays happen the flag comes out every single time. It is why I rarely watch the NFL anymore unless the Bills are playing.

one more thing. I am not saying they were both clear cut inteference penalties(the first one on hogan was definately PI, the second one on the watkins play was borderline), but if that was NE or Denver or Green Bay on offense & those plays happen the flag comes out every single time. It is why I rarely watch the NFL anymore unless the Bills are playing.

Look at the names of the QB's throwing the balls there to. Brady,Manning, Rogers.. I doubt Denver gets them with the new QB, but we will see.

lol I was making a point that I am not a newish pats fan, I know what losing feels like. I remember it well.

Yeah sure your not. Don't worry the Patriots time will come again when that scumbag franchise & their piece of sh*t owner takes their rightful place in the food chain fighting it out with the Jets for the AFC East basement. Brady can't play forever. Laugh if you will but the decline is usually sharp & painful. Just look out west in Denver for a reference.

Yeah sure your not. Don't worry the Patriots time will come again when that scumbag franchise & their piece of sh*t owner takes their rightful place in the food chain fighting it out with the Jets for the AFC East basement. Brady can't play forever. Laugh if you will but the decline is usually sharp & painful. Just look out west in Denver for a reference.

Yup very painful in denver right now with the #2 seed and sitting at 8-2. :wallbash: By far the silliest example ever! Manning is awful but the team is still winning and damn good!!!

A better example for the Pats will be that BB can't coach forever. He is the emperor of the empire. Brady is Vader. :P

Yup very painful in denver right now with the #2 seed and sitting at 8-2. :wallbash: By far the silliest example ever! Manning is awful but the team is still winning and damn good!!!

A better example for the Pats will be that BB can't coach forever. He is the emperor of the empire. Brady is Vader. :P

Denver will be one & out in the playoffs just like last year. As far as BB, he is a cheater & liar. Him & Brady must of souled their soul to the devil to have this kind of success. It defies any type of logic. BB couldn't coach hsi way out of a paper bag in Cleveland & Brady couldn't beat out Drew Henson at Michigan. Cheating is the great equalizer though.

Agreed.

Bottom line though is ...... That Pats are who we thought they were - the better team.

I was more pissed about the blatant no call on the PI against Hogan inside the 10 yard line...that was clear cut, textbook PI. It was so textbook, they could literally take that and use it to train officials on what PI looks like. The DB never turned to look at the ball, and instead ran with both arms up, directly into the receiver. Yes, the ball is underthrown, and it would not have been PI if he looked back and played the ball. But he didn't...he played the man, and that is PI....preventing a receiver from getting to the ball without actually trying to get to the ball yourself.

Exact same play later happened with Sammy and they rightly threw the flag for PI...it was the exact same play...defender never looked for the ball, and ran right into the receiver on an underthrown ball...both were blatant, textbook PI's...should have been the easiest 2 flags the officials threw all night, but the issue is only one was thrown.

I was going to comment specifically on these with a rhetorical question: if that noncall against Hogan was a Pats receiver and a Bills DB who face guarded the WR by not turning to look for the ball, how likely is it that PI would have been called in the Pats favor?

I'm guessing 100% - take that to the bank

And to make matters worse, sheep Tirico praised it as a good no-call, while never questioning the Pats DB failure to turn around and locate the ball. Brilliant ANALysis.

You better hope that other teams can't repeat this game plan.

Tom Brady will be looking like Peyton Manning very soon.

Well, Buffalo got a perfect storm , First game with No Edelman, and Oline playing together for the first time as well. Add in losing Dobson early then Amandola in the 3rd quarter and any QB look bad with losing that many weapons so quickly. (the play calling also showd this with the run heavy 4th quarter.)

But the Bills executed the plan masterfully! all credit to them,

So we have to wait for Brady's son to become a master QB in order to save us?!?!

I can't wait that long!

like 1 billion times. I litterally loled at work!

He played good, but Watkins was open on a number of plays and Taylor never looked his direction...Watkins is literally uncoverable. I have no idea why the Bills don't go to their stud WR more....its like they want him to be a decoy

When was the last time they ran a WR screen? Get the guy involved early in the game. I didn't like the trade to get Watkins when it happened and it looks even worse now that they don't use him. They keep this up and he'll have no interest in resigning with the team when his contract is up, if he hasn't come to that decision already.

Exactly. I keep seeing posters upset saying McKelvin lost us the game. I just don't get how people can watch the game and completely ignore the most important aspects of the game.

His fumbles led to 3pts on the board. Big deal. The biggest killer in this game was going prevent and giving up a touchdown in the final minute, literally, of the first half. That was the the difference in the game right there.

Throw in a nice helping of Roman's short, conservative game plan falling right into Bellidicks defensive plan. The offense looked bad. And couldn't move the ball most of the nighg, especially when we needed it the most.

everyone hates McKelvin because he was a DB picked in the first and everyone believes you don't do that. carpenter cost the bills as many points as McKelvins fumble, and he has done this multiple times this season yet no ones screaming g to get rid of that noodle legged kicker. Bills fans love running g players out of town because they weren't drafted where fans thought they should or they were drafted instead of someone they had a hard on for.....