Cut Leodis?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$2.8 dead cap hit. Maybe this off-season.

Actually it's only $1M in dead money, which would be applied next season if he's cut anytime before next season or if the Bills decline to pay his roster bonus in the offseason. If that bonus is due before he can earn his offseason w/o bonus of $50k then I expect that's the route they'll go. If not, then I expect him to be cut before he can earn it. The overall cap savings for him being let go over the offseason would be $3.9M. I expect that the Bill will need that cap space more than him. I don't see them cutting him this season, but he makes a little less than $200k a game. They'd save that in addition.

http://overthecap.com/player/leodis-mckelvin/1736/

Edited by BarleyNY

STOP making new threads during a game.

In fairness, by 11:30 we knew the game was over.

I believe McKelvin is the last of the incredible run of horrible first round picks from the last decade. He should be the first one cut after the season.

PLEASE!!!! He's the one player I've railed against and despise his entire time here. He has limited situational awareness, is prone to major mistakes, and has shown zero ability to improve on the mental aspects of the game. I've hoped the last three years to have him cut but he continues to come back and give us what we expect. First game back this year and he gets torched deep because he just can't turn back to the QB. He flat out sucks.

Leodis has been an underperforming bust and underwhelming flop. His corner play against elites is terrible and he has been pushed out of starting by Graham, Darby, Rambo, and Gilmore. Quite frankly in the clutch he is a third string rotational quarter prone to fumbling issues on special teams, much like EJ he is protected by Whaley Failey Gailey to continue on the historical emphasis of busts made by Nix and Whaley. Kept a draft paper on him reinventing the cornerback role. Only wish I had a second one to burn after that first fumble against New England. A pampered first round bust whose never going to be a team style guy.