I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the weekly "what is Tyrod?" question raises its head.

He is the same guy he was last week. He wasn't the main reason for our loss yesterday, far from it. The fumble didn't help but this was not on Tyrod primarily.

He is decent. He has played well enough for us to be better than 5-6. He should continue to start this year and he should start next year but we should be looking to draft a QB in the first two rounds to at the very least be competing for the job and ideally winning it in 2017. If that guy has to start some game next year because Tyrod gets dinged up and he proves to be better you roll with him.

Dude....why are you rehashing this question

Its just gonna take us back to the lame arguements of

- He cant throw from the pocket (he did)

- He cant throw tot he middle of the field (he did)

- and the same lame agitator's will still not be able to offer a viable alternative.

TTT is not going to change his mind....he has it in his mind what Tyrod is.....no amount of debating is going to change that

Its sunday and Id rather spend time with my grandson before I have to go back to work tomorrow then debate this

Tyrod played a great first half. Can you please explain the second half and why he regressed? One maybe two targets to Sammy!?!?

He fumbled 2 or is it officially 3 times (he fumbled, recovered the ball, ran for the first and fumbled again as he was going out) ?

The second half of the game got weird from a passing perspective. Did Taylor take a shot I missed?

His line did enough to let him throw, was the ball THAT slippery?

Smith and Reid gave the Bills the same game Roman and TT gave the Chefs the first half.

From what I saw the rain had let up in the second half.

He is the same guy he was last week. He wasn't the main reason for our loss yesterday, far from it. The fumble didn't help but this was not on Tyrod primarily.

He is decent. He has played well enough for us to be better than 5-6. He should continue to start this year and he should start next year but we should be looking to draft a QB in the first two rounds to at the very least be competing for the job and ideally winning it in 2017. If that guy has to start some game next year because Tyrod gets dinged up and he proves to be better you roll with him.

Correct with one exception re: fumble. see fumble(s) I just mentioned.

Agree w /this, we have a winner!

Edited by The Thurmanator

Were you in the bathroom for his final play where he missed the first down by inches? Sure, would have been nice if he didn't have to recover his own fumble, and had made the first down. But, there was no lack of effort.

While he was good... in the first half. Lets not confuse effort with result

He showed off all of his well documented deficiencies in the second half.

And yes, Tyrod shares blame. The injury depleted defense, Dan Carpenter, Danny Crossman, and Rex Ryan shoulder the lion's share, but Tyrod demonstrated, once again, that he can't be trusted to win a game playing from behind. He, after having his primary target taken away from him, could not work through progressions, locked on to receivers (often Sammy) waiting for them to come open, demonstrated awful pocket presence, etc.

Tyrod is who he is.

Tasker. Sammy was doubled up in the second half as well as the first. Sammy said they were playing 1 over and he can beat that. Why not even test the coverage. Tyrod got scared by what he saw and didnt throw the ball to 14. 14 should ALWAYS be the first look. Get me a qb who understands that

How many of his 300 yards came in the first half

Had to be flirting with 200 in 1st half

They could bench him. I'm not seeing much of a difference between him and EJ anyways. At least EJ can hit that deep downfield middle pass that's been nonexistent. Taylor looked scared in the pocket in the second half.

I think he can hit that pass... BUT like you said he is definitely not looking for that pass for whatever reason. And i swear, if anyone thinks Clay is a waste. Its not on him.

Defense did not show up at all, Tyrod made up for last week by basically putting up 24 points on a very good defense in awful weather I tip my hat to this kid he did all that he could

I have seen a few people say he basically put up 24. How?

Taylor is better than Manuel

Whaley is a better GM than Russ Brandon

Ryan is a better coach than Dick Jauron

The key to success on the Bills is making sure that the benchmark of comparison is really really low.

I do think that Whaley has done a B+ job but this still made me laugh.

EJ turns it over 3 times in 1 minute. No thanks. I'd like to watch something passable.

1 game. Didnt brady throw 4 or 5 pics in the game against us last time we beat him? Both of these guys are long term projects. I just dont think that we should keep quoting an anomaly. If JJ watt consumes TT sunday do we bench him too? No of course not. But dont pretend that TT is way up there and EJ is way down there. In terms of skill. They both do things better than the other and TT deficiencies are just not as critical.

Taylor is smart enough not to turn the ball over. This is a good thing. But he isn't talented enough to throw into tight windows, which is a bad thing. He is good at hitting wide open guys and in 1/2 of 1 game was able to throw the ball in the general direction of Watkins and let him work his magic to get the ball. I realize this is his first season as a starter. But it is also his fifth year in the league, and so the likelihood of dramatic improvements isn't high. With EJ we had to support him by making sure he was "confident" and "not looking over his shoulder" by bringing in credible competition. I hope we don't go down that road again. But he is good enough to start NFL games which is better than we have been.

Taylor is smart enough not to turn the ball over. This is a good thing. But he isn't talented enough to throw into tight windows, which is a bad thing. He is good at hitting wide open guys and in 1/2 of 1 game was able to throw the ball in the general direction of Watkins and let him work his magic to get the ball. I realize this is his first season as a starter. But it is also his fifth year in the league, and so the likelihood of dramatic improvements isn't high. With EJ we had to support him by making sure he was "confident" and "not looking over his shoulder" by bringing in credible competition. I hope we don't go down that road again. But he is good enough to start NFL games which is better than we have been.

Um ... wasn't the first td pass to watkins yesterday the very definition of a tight window throw?

I agree with this John. However, the goal posts weren't moved by us, they were moved by Rex' horrendous D. You can play ball control, don't turn it over, etc .with a good D. We don't have that it seems. Therefore, we have to win shoot outs like today. Whoever is the starting QB has to get it done, or you suck. We suck.

Tough deal for Hotrod, but this is the bigs.

Nailed it

Not disputing that at all red

I really wonder what Rex vision is of this D

Something tells me today that we are gonna go away from the Dominant 4 man line......and go to a 3-4 where Marcel goes back to DE......which will cause us to bring in more linebackers

I wonder.....because this isnt cutting it

Its crazy but honestly has he ever had so much raw talent before? I mean this team is built to tell you exactly what they are going to do and do it. Every o e of ha teams had space eaters. Hell the mine he had in NY was basically 2 Marcel Dareus types flanked by a scrub in devito or mountain man kris jenkins. Never has he truly had 3 OR 4 down linemen who can create such hell and he doesnt know AT ALL how to use them.

"Never confuse effort with results." -- Coach Marrone

Damn it, i unknowingly quoted that block head

-he cannot break down defenses
-appears to be injury-prone
-is undersized
-not as accurate as the elite quarterbacks
-is the opposite of clutch

I am a Bills fan, but I don't fall in love with players. Tyrod will not cut it. Maybe you can make the playoffs with him if you assemble a perfect team, but do you really see him winning a superbowl?

Taylor's biggest issue is that he doesn't see the middle of the field unless he has a ton of time. I noticed it again yesterday, and it's been a trend all season long.

He did, however, do a much better job yesterday of giving Sammy chances to make plays even when doubled.

I wouldn't let any of that stop me from drafting a QB early next April

Keep (and start) TT, he is good enough for what this team is built to do. These losses are on the D. personnel hasn't changed there, only the scheme, and coaches.

He is actually NOT the right kind of guy for this offense in my view. We need a guy who is very accurate. Maybe not the strongest arm but Alex Smith... or going back to a Chad Pennington. This is A YAC monster and we haven't unleashed it at all.

He is actually NOT the right kind of guy for this offense in my view. We need a guy who is very accurate. Maybe not the strongest arm but Alex Smith... or going back to a Chad Pennington. This is A YAC monster and we haven't unleashed it at all.

I will gladly give you gas money to head down to the local store and get us one of these qbs off the shelf

Please bring me some cake on the way back...im hungry!

TT is plenty good for a guy who has played 9 games. He his still a work in progress but shows a lot of important good signs. The finality of peoples short term opinions will not sway the team itself (fortunately) from sticking with him, unless he falls off the proverbial cliff during the last 5 games here.