I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

He's had really good and really bad. I guess you're banking on all 2nd vs Jax from here on out and NOT the 2nd half where he played very well. Hotrod pretty much sucked the last 2 weeks, 0-2, same as EJ did earlier on the year. Yet he can turn it around an EJ can't. Got it.

Im not advocating for EJ to start, I just don't think he stinks like y'all do.

I don't want to talk about EJ anymore. I would agree- the second half against Jacksonville is the best he's ever looked- ever. I would disagree that other than that, there has been much of any "really good." Go look at his career game log on ESPN to refresh your memory and tell me when he's ever looked "really good." He's looked like a potential competent starting QB in 3-4 games out of the 16 he's played. That's it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pray tell, why am I the worst kind of fan? I know exactly where Taylor stands. I didn't even think about Taylor until I came on this website. I thought about the challenges, I thought about the two turnovers, I thought about the missed extra point. I was thing about playoff scenarios, running the table, rooting against Pittsburgh here. I AM A BILLS FAN. I was thinking the same thing I thought last week- that they are simply not refined. They do all the little things wrong that the Patriots and Chiefs did right. Meanwhile, Taylor is already a middle of the pack NFL QB. That's what he is. In fact, his numbers would tell you he's better than that. But either way, going into this season, if someone told you that a clearcut starter would emerge and he would give you average NFL starting QB play, you would've done backflips. We all thought that our defense would be so elite that that would make us a Super Bowl contender. Agreed?

You're the worst kind of fan because you consistently equate whatever you percieve to be insufficient enthusiasm with an "anti" sentiment. People can't just disagree with you: no we have to be "anti" success. We have to be routing against.

The very worst kind of fan.

The type you could never have a beer with.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You're the worst kind of fan because you consistently equate whatever you percieve to be insufficient enthusiasm with an "anti" sentiment. People can't just disagree with you: no we have to be "anti" success. We have to be routing against.

The very worst kind of fan.

The type you could never have a beer with.

Yeah I've been to at least one Bills home game every year since 1985 (when I was 6) even though I've lived in Denver since 2002. I've seen em in like ten opposing stadiums. I had seasons from 1987-1995 and went to all of those playoff games. I don't think I've missed a snap of a Bills game since the 1980's. That game today was harrowing and it had nothing to do with being right or wrong about Taylor. I just want them to freaking win. And anyway, you didn't even tell me what you disagree with me about. Do you think he is an average starting NFL QB? I don't think he's elite or anything. I think, like you, he is what he is. Not trying to argue here man. I just think you are a little smarmy sometimes (as I certainly was about Manuel) about Taylor. The difference is that I was right about Manuel.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Um.. where's Beerball? Shut it dowwwwwwn!

That's certainly an option.

The other would be posters not equating disapproval with being a Patriots fan.

Yeah I've been to at least one Bills home game every year since 1985 (when I was 6) even though I've lived in Denver since 2002. I've seen em in like ten opposing stadiums. I had seasons from 1987-1995 and went to all of those playoff games. I don't think I've missed a snap of a Bills game since the 1980's. That game today was harrowing and it had nothing to do with being right or wrong about Taylor. I just want them to freaking win. And anyway, you didn't even tell me what you disagree with me about. Do you think he is an average starting NFL QB? I don't think he's elite or anything. I think, like you, he is what he is. Not trying to argue here man. I just think you are a little smarmy sometimes (as I certainly was about Manuel) about Taylor. The difference is that I was right about Manuel.

That was far more conciliatory that usual, though still intermixed with the usual bull ****. And I'm absolutely flummoxed as to why you'd bring up EJ Manuel in week 12.

My criticisms of Tyrod have been very consistent, and very accurate.

You're a fanboi.

You're attacking me acting like a fanboi.

Do better.

I'll start valuing your opinions when disagreement with you doesn't make someone "anti" Buffalo.

I'd like to keep this going. In fact, I don't want to argue at all. I think you are an intelligent poster and I'd like to come to an agreement. We're both Bills fans. I just want to know what you disagree with me about. Let me ask you this- where do you think he ranks among starting NFL QB's right now? I'd put him middle of the pack, which again, I think is a pleasant surprise and more than I expected. I am not a "fanboi" as you called it. I also believe that if Manuel was performing at the level Taylor is that you would probably be expressing more enthusiasm than you are about Taylor. If you tell me I'm wrong, I'll take you at your word.

That was far more conciliatory that usual, though still intermixed with the usual bull ****. And I'm absolutely flummoxed as to why you'd bring up EJ Manuel in week 12.

My criticisms of Tyrod have been very consistent, and very accurate.

You're a fanboi.

You're attacking me acting like a fanboi.

Do better.

I'll start valuing your opinions when disagreement with you doesn't make someone "anti" Buffalo.

OK so to be clear, saying that Taylor is a middle of the pack QB necessarily makes me a "fanboi." Hey man, I tried. Go Bills!

And wait, when in God's name did I accuse you of being anti-Buffalo. I don't know man. We might have to agree to disagree on this one (even though I still don't know what we disagree about because you won't answer any of my questions).

I'd like to keep this going. In fact, I don't want to argue at all. I think you are an intelligent poster and I'd like to come to an agreement. We're both Bills fans. I just want to know what you disagree with me about. Let me ask you this- where do you think he ranks among starting NFL QB's right now? I'd put him middle of the pack, which again, I think is a pleasant surprise and more than I expected. I am not a "fanboi" as you called it. I also believe that if Manuel was performing at the level Taylor is that you would probably be expressing more enthusiasm than you are about Taylor. If you tell me I'm wrong, I'll take you at your word.

This all hinges on an unfounded belief that if EJ Manuel had done what Tyrod had done this year, that I, personally I, would be enthused?

Are you !@#$ing serious?

Also, our posts aren't synching up.

OK so to be clear, saying that Taylor is a middle of the pack QB necessarily makes me a "fanboi." Hey man, I tried. Go Bills!

Dude....why are you rehashing this question

Its just gonna take us back to the lame arguements of

- He cant throw from the pocket (he did)

- He cant throw tot he middle of the field (he did)

- and the same lame agitator's will still not be able to offer a viable alternative.

TTT is not going to change his mind....he has it in his mind what Tyrod is.....no amount of debating is going to change that

Its sunday and Id rather spend time with my grandson before I have to go back to work tomorrow then debate this

- and the same lame agitator's will still not be able to offer a viable alternative.

TTT is not going to change his mind....he has it in his mind what Tyrod is.....no amount of debating is going to change that

Its sunday and Id rather spend time with my grandson before I have to go back to work tomorrow then debate this

Brother John, the Church of Tyrod is in session!

Tyrod was not good in the second half. Some of you are delusional. He threw a blind duck in the flat that should have been a pick six early in the 4th. He seemed off, and let third downs get away from him.

I still think it all goes to coaching though. Chucking it to Watkins in double coverage seems to be our answer, and we showed why in the first half. Not sure why they went away from that. Roman's decisions on third down continue to baffle me. He isn't helping matters with his best Hackett impression by running out of shotgun every opportunity.

If you believe that is his real motivation, I think it is trolling and agitating. Best not to feed him and a few others who live for that thing. They claim to just want to disagree and express an opinion or we haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years as an excuse. They are not really fans of the Bills. A fan is short for fanatic. That is not them. Yes real fans are pissed at the coach, players etc. from time to time. They don't however go on to a public site and spew toxic negative crap every day to agitate strangers who really are fans. They have the support of some of the mods too.

Edited by The Thurmanator

The drop he had in which Ryan wasted a challenge was just awful, he looked like a DB on that one trying to catch the ball with his body, that was a 3rd down play btw.

Before the half and with 1'40 on the clock, he dropped an easy pass on 1st down,

He had another in the 4th quarter when the offense needed to step up and score points.

Just an awful day by him.

I was trying to be positive. His blocking was excellent, his receiving... not so much. and he did get his targets : (

If you believe that is his real motivation, I think it is trolling and agitating. Best not to feed him and a few others who live for that thing. They claim to just want to disagree and express an opinion or we haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years as an excuse. They are not really fans of the Bills. A fan is short for fanatic. That is not them. Yes real fans are pissed at the coach, players etc. from time to time. They don't however go on to a public site and spew toxic negative crap every day to agitate strangers who really are fans. They have the support of some of the mods too.

lol not so fast...you gotta read the negative crap John "spews" about EJ

Tyrod was not good in the second half. Some of you are delusional. He threw a blind duck in the flat that should have been a pick six early in the 4th. He seemed off, and let third downs get away from him.

I still think it all goes to coaching though. Chucking it to Watkins in double coverage seems to be our answer, and we showed why in the first half. Not sure why they went away from that. Roman's decisions on third down continue to baffle me. He isn't helping matters with his best Hackett impression by running out of shotgun every opportunity.

Who said Taylor was good in the second half? Taylor not playing particularly well in the second half today and him being an average QB (which is all I have said) are not mutually exclusive concepts.

The second half of the game got weird from a passing perspective. Did Taylor take a shot I missed?

His line did enough to let him throw, was the ball THAT slippery?

Smith and Reid gave the Bills the same game Roman and TT gave the Chefs the first half.

They could bench him. I'm not seeing much of a difference between him and EJ anyways. At least EJ can hit that deep downfield middle pass that's been nonexistent. Taylor looked scared in the pocket in the second half.

Is the sky pink in your universe?